[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Really solid tracks. some of the best since Room on Fire. I'm actually pretty interested in them again after listening to the EP,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBotY_n27VA
>>
>>65422473
Love how they just play the guitar solo of Daft Punk's Aerodynamic at the end of Oblivious and zero fucks are given
>>
Fuck you, OP. Every couple of months, I stop listening to my music to give something /mu/ says is good a chance. Now I paused my instrumental Middle Eastern-influenced zeuhl for this, and sure enough, it turned to be sparse, droning, whining, uncomposed, 'mood' shit... as always.

I just never learn.
>>
>>65422938
what album?
>>
>>65422998

well it's the fuckin strokes so you should've seen that coming, and avoided this thread all together dumbass.
>>
File: julian.jpg (76 KB, 409x516) Image search: [Google]
julian.jpg
76 KB, 409x516
>/mu/ is no longer gay for JuJu
what happened?
>>
>>65423299
Im talking about the the Middle Eastern-influenced zeuhl
>>
OP I suggest you reexamine your opinion of the Strokes. Room on Fire is a great album but it didn't do a lot to innovate on the Is This It sound. Frighteningly, this new release hasn't either.

Oblivious is a bland Is This It cut with lyrics as uninspired as the worst parts of First Impressions of Earth, that squeal in the guitar solo is pretty cool though. Drag Queen is Julian trying to bring some Voidz stuff (particularly the dischordant guitar) to the Strokes with rather boring results. The opening of Drag Queen in particular is pretty offensive how boring it is for something like a whole half minute. Threat of Joy is an excellent (still Is This It era-sounding) song and I don't know why it's not the first single off this (the use of fuck in the lyrics was a mistake as far as getting this on the radio).

What the hell happened after Comedown Machine? That was their best album since their debut. Why the hell are the telephone vocals back again, and sounding shittier than ever?

I wanted more Tyranny but not in the form of Drag Queen.
>>
>>65424014
Comedown Machine is one of their most soulless albums
and fuck you i like Oblivious
>>
>>65424105
I really don't know where you get soulless from considering it seemed like they took a lot more effort to sound different from their trademark sound.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5FH3o6icWY
>>
>>65424208
fucking thankyou i actually love comedown machine sick of everyone ragging on it its straight fire
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.