[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are rhcp a bad band?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 20160604_192737.png (564 KB, 1439x1441) Image search: [Google]
20160604_192737.png
564 KB, 1439x1441
Are rhcp a bad band?
>>
I quite like them
>>
>>65421638
You'll get mixed answers from /mu/. The few of us that really enjoy them aren't as vocal as the many who outwardly dislike them.
>>
I don't have anything horribly against them
>>
>>65421867
Yeah I was figuring that would happen
The only album of theirs I've ever came to like is Californication
>>
currently? absolutely
>>
BSSM is one of the first albums I ever bought
>>
>>65421986
What about in their prime?
>>
>>65422024
i had it on casette as a kid and really wore it out. it's a fun solid album but it doesn't really appeal to me anymore. everything else of theirs is pretty meh.
>>
>>65422035
blood sugar sex magik - genuinely good
everything after was sold out but still good as background radio music
>>
>>65422071
honestly i haven't really listened to BSSM all the way through but it was before Rubin got ahold of them so that's why i say this
>>
I enjoy BSSM, Californication and By The Way. I enjoy Frusciante's solo stuff more though.

The remaining members could probably make some great music if they tried, but I can understand that they might not want to alienate any old fans after I'm With You
>>
They have all gone autopilot in khalif horna'.
>>
gotta consider this >>65421986 but... like the other guy said, some of their music from when they were in their prime can be... fun to listen to sometimes, but really that's as good as it gets
>>
I like Blood Sugar and Californication a lot, and their early albums are pretty okay. definitely not a fan of their later stuff though
>>
>>65421638
I knew a qt that adored RHCP

She turned out to be crazy
>>
No they're pretty great. They get a bad rap from people who are too excited to call them a pleb pop band but they've put out a lot of great music and remain one of the best live rock acts around.

You can hear a lot of their awesome influences in their sound: P-Funk, Gang of Four, Zeppelin, Bad Brains, Black Flag, even some Beefheart. Hell their drummer on their first two albums played for Beefheart.

Anyway, they have a killer percussion section, a revolving door of excellent guitarists (especially Frusciante, who's downright outstanding), and a frontman who ranges from energetic, to melancholy, to head-banging, to meh (no excuses, Kiedis has always been the weak link in the band, but he really shines a lot of the time).

Excited for their new album, too - its the first time they've sounded, well, relevant since Frusciante left.
>>
>>65421638
Blood Sugar Sex Magick is great. Californication makes me nostalgic.

They have good tracks on other releases, but I don't really come back to any other albums.

Flea's got some legitimate talent, too.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.