[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"All rap is memerap" >listens to memerock like pic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Dark side of the moon..jpg (3 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Dark side of the moon..jpg
3 KB, 225x225
"All rap is memerap"
>listens to memerock like pic related and the velvet underground and nico
>>
>>65420186
>implying that listening to """"""""meme"""""" rock is worse than listening to talking niggers
>>
>>65420226
>>65420186
>I listened to a few rap songs on the radio, rap is all the same
>>
File: 1459168914769.png (562 KB, 500x552) Image search: [Google]
1459168914769.png
562 KB, 500x552
>mfw brain damage and any colour you like isn't 10 minutes long
>>
>>65420260
>i know every song ever recorded
>>
>>65420186
>>65420260
The entire genre of hip-hop is a meme, as it's objectively inferior/cheaper music.

We've tried to make ourselves believe rap is an "essential" genre and that if you don't like it you must be close minded. That's why this music has no staying power. All of rap is just a sub-genre of top-40 pop, with a "urban" paint job.

This music doesn't stand the test of time, it's a fad. That's why rappers are discussed about like fashion. Image/fashion/numbers sold are actually considered when talking about them.

Rap is just a really cheap/lazy form of music anyways. The majority of rap beats are just stealing (MUHH "SAMPLING") another artist's music, looping it over a generic drumbeat while someone raps over it. The "technical aspects" of rapping are not hard at all. That's why there's 14 year old white girls on YouTube uploading themselves flowing with ease and speed, dropping multis like it's nothing. But because they don't fit the image of a rapper, no one would take seriously. I've listened to it all from backpacker shit (cLOUDDEAD, dalek) to the "golden days" to 90's, to "experimental" (Death Grips), etc.

All rap is meme rap. Rap is not quality music. It's more of a guilty pleasure, like fast food. I guess it can taste good for a little while, until you realize how cheap and unhealthy it is.
>>
>>65420676
how mad does one have to be to type all of this up
>>
>>65420707
How buttmad are you right now that you can't refute an actual, objective argument? I'm not even that guy and I enjoy some rap but he has a point.
>>
>>65420707
how new
>>
>>65421010
>retarded copypaste
>an actual, objective argument
Fucking kek
>>
>>65421010
>can't refute
can't=/=won't
>>65421042
stop samefagging please, it lowers the quality of an already low quality board
>>
You could've picked a better album to exemplify "meme"rock

like AC/DC or Bon Jovi
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.