[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you buy vinyls?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: disc.jpg (21 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
disc.jpg
21 KB, 500x500
Why do you buy vinyls?
>>
>>65418288
So I can post pics of them to my tumblr friends
>>
I don't. I'm not pretentious or an audiophile. Which is an inherently pretentious thing to be
>>
>>65418288
just because
>>
To have physical releases of albums I like. I think I might collect cassettes as well since some albums I want are expensive as fuck on vinyl, but cheap on cassettes.

The audophile meme is bullshit btw, FLAC sounds just as good (if not better) as vinyl.
>>
File: 1460598356804.jpg (101 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1460598356804.jpg
101 KB, 600x600
>>65418410
> Implying you can hear the difference between V0 and flac
If you have 3000 dollars worth of equipment maybe
>>
I like to have backups in case of a massive EMP.
>>
>>65418288
i only buy the record if its an album i really enjoy, just to have the art work or something, its a really cool experience listening to an album whilst looking at the liner notes and stuff
>>
because I want to
>>
>>65418288
Sometimes the album is better mastered than it is on digital
>>
>>65418410
Yeah, even if analog formats technically have more audio information than digital, digital formats take advantage of the limitations of human hearing. So unless you have super ears, it's gonna sound the same to you. What makes vinyl better sometimes is simply that many albums are mastered more dynamically on analog than they are on digital. Modern digital albums tend to be mastered very loudly.
>>
If I ever take home a qt I want to be able to brag about my rare post-punk and shoegaze records.
>>
I've been collecting vinyl records since 2006 and I recently switched to buying CDs instead
they're cheaper, I actually use them and arent a pain in the ass
thinking about bringing all my records to the local shop and cashing out
>>
>>65419088
What's the point of buying CDs? You can literally download the same files online. Tidal has most of the music you're going to listen to on FLAC for $15 a month
>>
>>65418288
It's fun!
>>
>>65418288

A lot of music I'm looking for is easier to find on vinyl. Also sometimes the CD reissues have awful mastering.
>>
>>65418288
new, remastered vinyl sounds fucking incredible
>>
>>65419113
because I like supporting the artist and having the album
also I like how my CD player sounds

I could download FLAC as it is for free but I do like having the CDs
>>
>>65418691
Pretty much this. It's nice to have a quality physical manifestation, and the size enforces a more curated collection. I don't see the point of having a wall full of CD's that I've imported anyways.
>>
>>65419241
If you enjoy physical CDs that's fine, but you can still support the artist by purchasing albums on FLAC on various websites
>>
To assuage the guilt of stealing hundreds of albums from hardworking artists. Physical products also seem to have more inherent value.
>>
I'm a gay materialistic faggot who thinks old formats are cool and superior to FLAC or MP3 files! Haha!
>>
Cassette tape master race, fuck vinyl
>>
>>65418288
because i'm a sissy cuck boy who can't stand it when there's not a dick in my ass
>>
>>65419235
It's literally just the CD copy put on vax.
Original pressings are where it's at, not only is the analog sound cool, but sometimes the mixing is so different that some parts sound completely new.
>>
Because I like Vinyl.
>>
>>65418288
i like music and i like collecting things
easy way to combine two hobbies
>>
>>65419348

enjoy your <3-bit noise floor
>>
It feels more substantial than a cd. If I'm gonna actually pay money for music I want something I can touch and look at.
>>
I buy vinyl because i like the act of flipping a record over

I might have a fetish
>>
>>65418288
I regret it. I want to sell my collection, but I'm lazy.
>>
>>65418288
Id prefer to buy cds and cassettes
>>
>>65419597
that's another problem. I've never met an original pressing from the 70s that didn't have a fuckload of pops and crackles
>>
>>65420412

Clean your records nigger

I have several old records that sound almost pristine, and also some new records that sound like noisy shit due to manufacturing defects or otherwise (one of Kid A's reissues).
>>
>>65420412
Go to better record stores.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.