[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth buying an expensive pair of headphones? have cheap
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: ohones.jpg (289 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
ohones.jpg
289 KB, 2000x2000
Is it worth buying an expensive pair of headphones?

have cheap as fuck sony pair and they're pretty good, would my mind be blown if i got a pair that costs like $200?
>>
>>65417218
No.
>>
>>65417248
i see
>>
>>65417218
I've got a shit ton of pairs of headphones. I've got $20 sony headphones, $400 sennheisers, everything in between.

Every pair does something different well, and it totally depends on what you're going for. If you want the best price to performance ratio, I'd recommend the ATH m50x. It's gonna run you a little over $100, but definitely worth it.
>>
>>65418032
but m40x sounds better and is cheaper
>>
>>65418032
>ATH m50x
nice memes
>>
>>65417218
If you go much above $200 you'll get to the point where you'll have to get a dedicated headphone amp
>>
>>65417218
when I went from cheapo headphones to a midrange ($100-$200) pair, i was able to pick out things in the music that I hadn't heard before. not only that, but everything sounded more clear and balanced. I think it's worth it, definitely.

there are diminishing returns as far as cost/performance ratio when you start to spend more and more. but i think it's worth it to get a pair of entry-level headphones. see if you can go somewhere to try out different headphones, then just decide for yourself.
>>
I know it sounds really pretentious, but I didn't really understand Jazz until I got a $300 pair of headphones. I was hearing elements in the music that I never knew were there.
>>
>>65417218
>would my mind be blown if i got a pair that costs like $200?
>expensive

fuck off poorfag
>>
>>65418861
going off of this, different headphones can be better suited to different genres of music. make sure you take that into consideration
>>
>>65418861
you didn't understand jazz (or even classical) because you have never attended a live performance before faggot
>>
>>65418933
You don't understand jazz because you haven't composed and played in front of a sizeable audience before
>>
I have sennheiser 598s and a fiio e10k dac/amp. I would consider the superior comfort and sound quality worth it. You will notice more from your music. However if you do not have the money to spend 200+ dollars you should stick with whatever you have.
>>
I'm enjoying my Senhheiser HD650's a lot more than I did my previous gaming headphones. I use a DAC/Amp though, butfor me it's definitely been worth the money, both comfort and sound-wise.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.