[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AOTY Vic is what Drake and Kendrick Lamar should be.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: talgo-cover.png (774 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
talgo-cover.png
774 KB, 1200x1200
AOTY

Vic is what Drake and Kendrick Lamar should be.
>>
stop viral marketing this trash
>>
stop viral marketing this garbage
>>
>>65413443
>alot
>>
Why are Drake and Kendrick put in the same sentence? Kendrick is a rapper, Drake is a meme
>>
>>65413464
>>65413508
Nobody as big as Vic would need or want to advertise on a scummy board like /mu/.
>>
Why the fuck is Drake considered like a "standard" now? Like he fucking "set the bar" or something? Are there rappers now aspiring to be like Drake, to be as good as Drake? I realize that's not what the OP is really saying or even insinuating, but I'm really starting to get that vibe nowadays, and it's really weird to me because I always just knew Drake as a bad joke that went on for too long.
>>
>>65413666
unique rappers aspire to be successful then get chewed up by drake and spat out so drake can continue to trick everyone into thinking he's setting trends
>>
>>65413443
Vic is the NWA to Kendrick's Public Enemy.

Compare 16 Shots to The Blacker The Berry and you'll see what I mean.
>>
>>65413624
He's not big he's an industry plant, you don't release one fucking tape and get as big as him.
>>
>>65413624

Fuck off Vic

reported for viral marketing
>>
>>65413723
He's best friends with Chance the Rapper who gave him traction plus he was in a band before going solo.
>>
Do people actually believe major artists viral market?

I don't even like this album but this nigga's signed to Roc Nation and has worked with Kanye West. I think he's okay.
>>
>>65413723
you can actually trace his come-up quite far & well except roc nation and kanye made his music so manufactured that it seems like he was artificially grown in their offices
>>
>>65413785
I don't know, this nigga has some racial shit on this record, not quite manufactured.

16 Shots isn't really a manufactured song. Dude brings up multiple cases of police brutality, claims he wants to kill police, claims that police are "slave masters", and then claims he hates black police officers because "even though they have the badge they're still not white".
>>
File: meme2.jpg (30 KB, 353x424) Image search: [Google]
meme2.jpg
30 KB, 353x424
>>65413585
you switched that around famarino
>>
>>65413886
i haven't heard the new stuff yet, just going off what i heard of the stuff he released after linking up with kanye

maybe he realised how corny it sounded
>>
>>65413914
>says Drake isn't a meme
>posts very popular meme of Drake

wew
>>
>>65413939
>>65413886
More than likely he's releasing all his real material before his debut that's gonna be sellout-core full of trap beats
>>
>>65413721
>The Blacker The Berry
I'm not listening to that shit song.
>>
I think it's cool how he's giving away the album for free as long as you pledge to vote.

http://respectmyvote.com/tago
>>
>>65413742
Chance is a plant
>>
>>65413939
It's because what he released before were all poppy-radio singles to bring himself more prominence.
He's rapping unabashed now. He jacked Kanye's Yeezus sound, but a lot more lyrical, imagine a whole EP of New Slaves.
>>
>>65414575
I highly doubt Chance is a plant, he just released a gospel mixtape.
>>
>>65414571
Vic is for political and I love the fact that he's trying to get more young black people to vote, fuck Hilary and Trump.
>>
>>65414631
*very

I don't know how I said "is for".
>>
>>65414571
The message he wrote that appears if you pledge is also really cool. It doesn't fit in one post though.

To whom it may concern,
I don’t want to say some cliche shit like thank you for reading this, so I won’t. Over the past 2+ years since I released a body of work, I’ve been more places, seen more things and met more people than I can remember. I had a lot of days when I didn’t think I would ever see the present day. Countless moments I asked myself, “WHY ME?” I was stuck in a vicious cycle of self-destructive depression. I leaned on drugs to give me the wings to fly away from my dark reality. “ANYWHERE BUT HERE,” I wished, as my eyes grew wide, snorting powder off of a dirty public toilet. As my relationship with myself fell apart, my relationships with people around me grew violent and volatile, full of resentment and lies. It seemed like everywhere I turned there was something to be upset with, especially when I looked inward. I knew the person that I was born to be. A fighter, a leader. A revolutionary, a channel of ideas and emotions endlessly larger than myself. But it began to all feel like a cruel joke. And I was the only one not laughing. If you’ve never experienced anxiety or depression this may all sound foreign to you. But I’m not writing this to tell you my sob story. I’m writing this to tell you that there is hope. The world is at a turning point. There are a lot of things going on that we have to either change, or die, to put it poetically. The cars we drive, the food we eat, the phones and computers you’re reading this on, are all literally killing that big blue earth we see in photos taken from the stars. And down on the ground we’ve got a lot of problems of our own, but I don’t have to tell you that. I will anyway. With the eyes of the world at our fingertips, injustices everywhere have been given the world’s stage within minutes of action.
>>
>>65414698
A cop shoots an unarmed black man in the back of the head in Oakland, and people will be protesting it in New York an hour later. But protests aren’t going to bring Oscar Grant back to life. or LaQuan McDonald. or Mike Brown. or Tamir Rice. Nothing we say or do can reverse the poison in the brains of the kids who drank lead from their kitchen sink in Flint, Michigan. Those damages cannot be taken back. But they can be stopped from happening again. What I’m asking you is not to give a fuck about me, my music, or my story. What I’m asking of you is to give a fuck about US. Us as a people. Us as ONE. As human beings who laugh, cry, sing, bleed and dream. As I look up at the starless night above the Chicago skyline, I can’t help but feel so small. There’s so much world around me, so many people with families and experiences I’ll never know anything about. It’s easy not to give a fuck about them. But I’ve never been one for the easy way out. Getting this far was the hardest thing I’ve ever done, and lord knows I’m only getting started. I could care less about what a blog writer or music critic has to say about me or what I do. I don’t do this for them. I know that someone out there reading this is going through shit just like me. This is for you. There is always hope. Never forget that. Yesterday doesn’t define you; it doesn’t define US. We are God. We hold the power in our hands. I’ve come to a point where I realize that everything I’ve gone through up to this point was for a reason. I had to experience certain things so painful that I thought I’d never come back from them to be able to tell you about it. To know how fucking blessed I am to be breathing this summer air, killing myself slowly smoking this cigarette. I know I’m not perfect. But I think that’s what makes it so special.
>>
>>65414725
To quote Cody Chestnut, “It ain’t Rock, it ain’t Roll (it ain’t HIP HOP) if we don’t disagree.” You don’t have to understand me, or see eye to eye with me; just know I’m giving you my truth. The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me god. But fuck the judge, the prosecutor and the district attorney. Justice will be served only if we deliver it to ourselves. All rise and face the defendant in the mirror; we’re going to need all the help we can get if we’re gonna make things right, cause’ There’s Alot Going On.

Keep Fighting The Good Fight,

Vic Mensa
>>
>>65414499
>autism
>>
1. 16 Shots
2. Dynasty
3. There's a lot Going on
4. Danger
5. Shades of Blue
6. New Bae
POWER GAP
Liquor Locker

overall rating: 5/10
>>
2/10 vic is done
>>
>>65415999
>>65415522
>>65413464
>>65413508
>t. black police officer
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.