[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you ever speak with the people around you at live shows?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: gnb.jpg (67 KB, 950x633) Image search: [Google]
gnb.jpg
67 KB, 950x633
Do you ever speak with the people around you at live shows?
>>
>>65412822
WHAT?
I CAN'T HEAR YOU
>>
>>65412822
lol
>>65412864
>>
>>65412876
WHAT BALL?
>>
>>65412822
Maybe before sparingly- usually can't stand the weebos that show up.
Absolutely not during, it isn't a social event.
>>
beforehand, yeah
you can meet some pretty neat people at shows
>>
I once went to see Malkmus play and met some guy in a Dino Jr. t-shirt. We started talking about whatever and once the show started he kept bringing me beers from the bar without my even asking.
Was pretty nice of him.
>>
I talk to people at shows, they're usually nice and I'm the friendly sort.
>>
only if they talk to me, which is usually something like "you're too young to be here aren't you?", cause I look about 12
>>
I usually wear headphones before it starts because I don't like big crowds of people, but once someone came over from the other end of a hall to tap me on the shoulder and ask what I was listening to, and then when I told him he just said "Okay" and walked away again.
>>
Unfortunately
>>
>>65413159
cute...
>>
I try not to speak to anyone ever if I can help it, but I did kinda befriend a dude when I saw JAMC. I kept having to go to piss and he saved my spot at the front. We ended up talking about all sorts of music, and he was saying how he was going to see King Crimson. Then he suddenly started talking at length about how Slipknot was his favourite band ever and this time he got to meet Corey Taylor. I wasn't really prepared for that shift. People are weird.
>>
what the hell no? i'm too busy eating
>>
No, being in a huge sweaty crowd already makes me pretty anxious so talking to someone I don't even know would make it worse.
>>
>>65413384
what do you eat
>>
I usually go to shows alone because none of my friends have similar music taste as me. It's really easy to meet new people at shows, especially girls.
>>
>>65413484
>It's really easy to meet new people at shows if you're somewhat attractive, outgoing and interesting, especially girls

ftfy
>>
>>65413523
A little confidence can go a long way buddy.

>So are you from around here?
>Have you seen [band name] live before?

It's easy to initiate a conversation before a show, everyone is already standing around waiting.
>>
Yeah, but only if they start the conversation first. Too antisocial for that conversation-starting crap.

From my experience (having been to countless shows for the past six years), Death Grips shows probably have some of the best and worst people you could ever share a conversation with at a concert. Spoke with more cooler, easygoing people the both times I saw them live than in any other show I've personally been to, but I've also dealt with some of the most uptight, smug, pretentious fucks I could possibly ever speak to there as well (which is one of the reasons why I don't even bother with social at concerts).
>>
>>65413187
Was this in Austin?
>>
>>65413523
I'm ugly and I meet girls who are nice and flirt with them at concerts. It helps to have a sense of humor and some confidence.
>>
>>65413621
*socializing at concerts
>>
>>65413452
your sister's pussy
>>
>>65412822
Isn't that the point of going to live shows OP?
>>
File: 1440970734918.jpg (23 KB, 620x423) Image search: [Google]
1440970734918.jpg
23 KB, 620x423
yes
>>
>>65413452
i sneak in hot cheetos
>>
>>65413641
Nope
>>
>>65413717
nice
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.