[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people criticize this guys as "rapping out of a thesaurus"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
Why do people criticize this guys as "rapping out of a thesaurus"? If you don't know 99% of the words he uses, then you're just illiterate, desu.
>>
>>65405677

agree desu
>>
He uses a lot of weird words in weird ways. It's a legitimate criticism to say that he's obtuse.
I really like a lot of his stuff, for the record.
I think it's more how he says what he's saying, although sometimes I think he's just saying words.
>>
>>65405677
Retards can't comprehend his lyricism so they say he's trying to hard or make up some other garbage to try and make rappers that deliver to the lowest common denominator feel better.
>>
>>65406171
i think the point is to be kind of cryptic not just use big words for the sake of slunding smart
but i agree its a little much
>>
>>65406226
Dude, he's really hard to understand. Give people a break.
>>
>>65406240
>he's really hard to understand

This is what's wrong with hip-hop.

What has been done in the genre besides crying about oppression and boasting about wealth and whores? Not much.

Takes too much brainpower to break from the old formula, then again it is nigger music.
>>
>>65406235
I think he's trying to be cryptic and sound smart. Most underground/alternative/""""""conscious"""""" rappers want to sound smart though, it's not a big deal.
>>
File: 1464778768928.jpg (7 KB, 179x250) Image search: [Google]
1464778768928.jpg
7 KB, 179x250
>>
>>65406281
You're so cool to take meaning from every word in
"Zephyrs less detrimental expect to tone down terrordome for starter crews
Like jousting Pompeii with a garden hose
If you wake up to the sound of helicopters bumping Wagner
It's Bodycast the Pilates class
Rumble in the Bronx back alley batting cage with bottle smash
Drag them prophecies
Be them celestine or Mothman to the bumper boat monster mash"
on first listen, when it comes at you in less than 10 seconds. Go aryans! You're so clever and intelligent!
Or maybe he's trying to sound smart. He can still be trying to sound smart and good.
>>
>>65406289
>I think he's trying to be cryptic and sound smart
>trying
>>65406346
It's difficult to conceive that a hip-hop artist can be intelligent rather than a half-chimp hybrid that grunts the same ideas repeatedly right? If you want to get this asblasted he's probably not your artist for the genre.

However, >>65406346 is likely bait. No one is really this retarded, or maybe they are and think they could do better. Let's hear your mix tape bruh.
>>
>>65406422
Everything you replied to is me.
He does grunt boat terminology pretty often. Make no mistake, he's one of my favorite rappers, but to consider him without flaw is naiive.
>>
>>65406462
Nah he is flawed for sure, I thought the impossible kid was somewhat weak compared to skelethon and even some side stuff he has done but what can you do.

My favorite verse from him: https://youtu.be/2ad0_zr7BnQ?t=1m43s

He is a god tier rapper whether people want to admit it or not, he probably won't be truly appreciated until he is gone and then usher in a new wave of hip hop.
>>
>>65405677
shit tier album cover
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.