[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do your normie friends think of your music taste?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 640x1136
What do your normie friends think of your music taste?
>>
>implying I have friends
>>
>>65404610
I don't let them know my taste

kek
>>
>>65404610
RIP 3Pac AngelThump
>>
>>65404627
I didn't either until kind of recently and they all pretty much think I'm trying to be a hipster
>>
>>65404641
That's exactly why I don't

You fucked up desu, now they'll be wary about letting you EVER control the music in situations
>>
haha dude, if your friends aren't super intellectual then fuck you.
>>
>>65404668
They never give me the aux anymore, kek
>tfw all they listen to is EDM and juicy j
>>
>>65404685
I know that feel man

It's funny how lots of people where think Raadiohead, Tame Impala and the like are mainstream normie core but to my friends it's like showing an 8 year old Death Grips
>>
>>65404610
they generally don't
the two times I can think of them having done so was one friend calling late 90s drum and bass "dubstep" and another friend demanding to hear death grips after hearing me and another friend talking about hot head having come out that day
he listened to it and now doesn't ask what we listen to
>>
We talk about music a lot. They see me as the knowledgeable guy.
>>
>>65404715
wow this reads like a clusterfuck, I'm too tired for this shit
>having cone out that day
*which had come out that day
>>
File: 1447053337292.jpg (84 KB, 344x344) Image search: [Google]
1447053337292.jpg
84 KB, 344x344
I regularly rec them stuff and they enjoy it. Got one of my friends into death metal and spiritual jazz from listening to shitty deathcore. Another one likes black metal when he only used to listen to modern copycat prog.
You just have to not have shit friends and know how to start them out, people are generally a lot more willing to get into music than you think, especially if they aren't mega muh party giga normies.
>>
My friends don't look at me the same since I showed them death grips
>>
File: 1463430576884.jpg (244 KB, 1080x971) Image search: [Google]
1463430576884.jpg
244 KB, 1080x971
>One friend w/ patrician taste
>a couple other friends with decent taste and we'll talk about music time to time

I don't let anyone else know my taste really, I just play some hip hop for them in my car and they seem to dig
>>
Just because your friends are not normies doesn't mean they have to be common denominator scum, guys
>>
>>65404769
it's past your bed time junior
>>
>>65404728
Nah m8 that's just how you see yourself
>>
>>65404610

RIP rare ancient silverback #ZHG 4LYF
>>
>>65404760
That's my problem. Most of my close friends listen to whatever soundcloud hiphop, brostep, EDM is popular at the moment

In my experience you just CANT expand those peoples tastes
>>
>friends

oh summer child
>>
>>65404797
>you can't
only if they don't want to. And by that i mean have any passing interesting in music whatsoever.
>soundcloud hip hop
is this like random meme-hop or like actually rap homemade rap? You could try to get them into like classic hip hop and stuff, that shit is really accessible.
>>
>>65404791
No, man. They always act like they have accomplished something when finding music I'm don't know.
The point I was trying to make was that my friends actually have taste, unlike everybody else here.
>>
At least half of them legitimately like Seven Years, so id say its just too late for them.
>>
>>65404832
I don't know*
>>
File: deak.png (493 KB, 516x498) Image search: [Google]
deak.png
493 KB, 516x498
>>65404610

>They listen to the most derivative shitty pop and latino music.
>Whenever I put something even mildly creative they call it 'pure noise'.
>mfw
>>
>>65404714
This, none of my friends have even heard of Tame Impala and probably only know Creep and that's it for Radiohead
>>
Well they think death grips is weird
>>
I don't have normie friends or any kind of friends because I'm not a normie
>>
File: 1457964290272.jpg (78 KB, 750x937) Image search: [Google]
1457964290272.jpg
78 KB, 750x937
>>65406406

This.
>>
>friends
>>
>preteding we have friends
>>
this board is so fucken predictable
>>
>>65404623
first post best post
>>
I have one friend who is only few paces behind me which is pretty cool, but most of my friends don't give a shit. I have one friend that i played Gong and The Residents to, and he meme'd the fuck out of it by playing it everywhere because he thoght it was hilarious
>>
>be into half time, deep dubstep and vibey dnb
>show friend a VROMM tune from Critical Music
>says it sounds like scooby doo music

he linked me a Hedex remix so idk??
>>
I don't tell them. To be honest i hardly even talk to my "friends."
>>
Never talk to my friends about music and they don't ask probably because they think it's shit
>>
>>65406911
your friends are right desu senpai
>>
>>65404610
I don't share it, mentioning I like swans or DG or something when they push is enough, they usually leave it alone after that.
>>
They call me a faggot
>>
>>65404610
They admire my drive and enthusiasm for discovering music yet we acknowledge each others differing tastes, it's that simple
>>
>>65404610
Eh the stuff ive played to them they dont really like so i usually stick to being safe and play stuff we both can enjoy
>>
i played julian casablancas and the voidz once and they hated it so i dont share my taste anymore except for two of my friends, both of which are into indie
>>
people actually have friends haha lmao wtf
>>
I'm a total normie, but all my friends think my music taste is super esoteric and hipster. Coming here and looking at what people listen to, it's kinda funny.
>>
Both of my closest friends browse /mu/ occasionally. Aside from that I don't really talk to other people about music that much.
>>
>>65404610
My normie friends all think that if they haven't heard of the musician then they must be hipster. Everyone who hasn't had a top 10 album/single is hipster and that popularity is an indicator of talent
>>
Tell them something more mild like Beastie Boys etc.
>>
I can't remember the last time I ever had a conversation about music.

t. oldfag
>>
They don't know that I'm even listen to music.
>>
File: Thrill of the Arts.jpg (77 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
Thrill of the Arts.jpg
77 KB, 720x720
>>65404610
they think it's amazing.
I only listen to this album.
>>
>>65409122
Why are you viraling this shit so hard dude
>>
My good friends know that i am into fucked up electronic music like Autechre, but i still listen to every important memerap release and i know a lot of albums so we got pretty much to discuss about.
>>
>>65406451
that doggo weird af
>>
File: Anthony Claptano.gif (980 KB, 247x336) Image search: [Google]
Anthony Claptano.gif
980 KB, 247x336
>mfw I give people i am sort of acquaintances with shit for having normie taste, but in a joking way so they can't get mad at me

>mfw my best friend and I have pretty similar taste so we recc each other stuff

Feels pretty cool man
>>
>>65404714
I showed my 4 year old niece Death Grips and she smiled and started dancing.
>>
File: skanking 2 whos.jpg (42 KB, 797x808) Image search: [Google]
skanking 2 whos.jpg
42 KB, 797x808
>>65409526
>>
>>65404610
I don't think they really care. also they dont complain when i put some of my favorete tracks in meetups (especially because i have two more friends that have a pretty similar musical taste as me)
>>
>>65404627
exactly
>>
>>65406072
My friends dont even known creep
>>
File: 4287090_the_man_with_no_taste.jpg (74 KB, 800x449) Image search: [Google]
4287090_the_man_with_no_taste.jpg
74 KB, 800x449
I have one friend who likes to take samples from songs i show him. Specifically when i put on something like The Beach Boys, The Radio Dept, Tame Impala, Animal Collective, or Sound of Ceres.
My best friend likes almost all the music i put on, and vice versa. Me and him are defenitely sharing an interest in folk rn from listening to The Tallest Man On Earth. He also is starting to into shoegaze from me showing him.
The rest of my friends listen to r/hiphopheads trash or kpop and refuse to hand me the aux.

>pic related
>it's me
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.