[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this album essential SJW core?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: Ajj_knife_man.jpg (51 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
Ajj_knife_man.jpg
51 KB, 360x360
Is this album essential SJW core?
>>
>>65402533
Is this repeated spam an essential aspect of Indian culture?
>>
>>65402548
poo in board
>>
>>65402533
either way, it's cringe AF. If you like this and are over 16 you should feel embarrassed
>>
>>65402582
go back to twitter subhuman filth
>>
File: image.jpg (158 KB, 583x703) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158 KB, 583x703
Fucken sjws
>>
>>65402607
retard phonefaggot
>>
File: 0425 - DqlUHdN.png (344 KB, 467x453) Image search: [Google]
0425 - DqlUHdN.png
344 KB, 467x453
IGNORE THIS THREAD
>>
>>65402666
good trips but why did you post this on /mu/ and not r/frogpost?
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 420x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 420x350
>Offended?
>>
>>65402722
>image.jpg
>>
>>65402722
>22
nice
>>
>>65402666
checked
>>
>>65402866
Witnessed
>>
I've reached the point where I can't tell if this album is SJW or making fun of them
>>
>>65403157
american tune is the only thing that could be considered sjw, and its made in the context of the album. The main character thinks hes fine because hes a normal white dude, but then his life gets fucked up later. It shows that it doesnt matter who you are, anyones life can be shit
>>
>>65402607
why do all political drawings have the same shitty art style?
>>
>ajj had one track on one album where they said "I'm lucky I'm white"
>better complain about it for the next five years!
>>
>>65403843

cause most of the ones you see are by the same guy
>>
>>65403878
>band changes their name as to not offend muslims
>REJOICE GOD'S EARS ARE STITCHES
I love AJJ as much as the next guy, but sean's a bit of a sjw
>>
>>65403239
what the fuck are you talking bout? its weird how ajj fans say "not uh! its making fun of SJWs". I'm shocked how often people flip the meaning of the song when it is so straight forward. is it so hard to believe some people are glad to be straight white men? especially someone who is famous

> “American Tune” is one of the best protest songs I’ve ever heard, and I know it resonated a lot with what I believe and how a lot of other people believe. What goes into writing a song like that where you’re actively recognizing your own privilege?

> I think Randy Newman has a lot to do with that. If you listen to some of his deeper stuff or anything in the Randy Newman songbook, you can see he kind of shifts his perspective or puts things in a different perspective, using things like humor, sarcasm, or completely unbiased narration. So that song was I’m sure totally inspired by Randy Newman, along with trying to grow as a person and learn about privilege.

> ...grow as a person and learn about privilege.

I know he says about sarcasm but i think that is referring to the "i recommend it highly" part. he's clearly very left politically, songs like people and this is not a war prove it. id name more if i was a big fan
>>
>delete american tune, backpack, & fucc the devil
>improve the album ten fold
>>
>>65403878
You've obviously haven't listened to anything older than KM.

>>65403958
If you were going to point to a SJW song, you can't go further than Fuck White People.

>>65404331
American Tune, Backpack and fucc the devil were solid. Noone and Zombies by the Cranberries were the worst songs in Knifeman.
>>
File: ajj (the band).png (14 KB, 643x122) Image search: [Google]
ajj (the band).png
14 KB, 643x122
What did AJJ (formerly known as Andrew J*ckson J*had) mean by this?
>>
File: image.jpg (126 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126 KB, 750x750
>>65404708
Really makes you think huh
>>
>>65403843
Why do metal music sound the same? Why do horror movies have elements (or some elements) of frightening scenes.

>what is genre
>>
>>65404033

People interpet American Tune as satire because, while the song may state being a white male is advantageous, there are countless examples in their discography, some even later on the same album, where the message is "it doesn't matter who you are, life fucking sucks."

For example, Still Peoplin' has the lyric
>You don't have it any better, you don't have it any worse
>You're an irreplaceable human soul with your own understand of what it means to suffer
>And that's a huge bummer

Fuck, even American Tune itself has something along these lines;

>And I can get a girl pregnant, and just as easily flee
>Just like my straight white male dad did to me
>>
>>65403843
Ben Garrison is very prolific
>>
>>65402607
me on the right
>>
>>65404819
What the fuck struggles do LGBT people actually have to go through
Like some bakery won't make you a cake, who fucking cares
Discrimination is wrong and it should be illegal, but the way they bitch and moan about it is fucking absurd, these people have no idea what actual hate or discrimination is
>>
>>65404940
How about those LGBT that are beaten up for who they are or being rejected jobs when they are qualified for?
>>
>>65404967
you mean like whites, asians, and men, who the law openly discriminates against in the U.S.?
>>
>>65405054
oh come on, im a white male and i never get discriminated against, its fucking choice
>>
>>65404708
So are they gonna root for Jill Stein since Bernie is finished?
>>
>>65404885
if you are wealthy youll find things to bitch about just the same, i think this is wht theyre getting at

>And I can get a girl pregnant, and just as easily flee
>Just like my straight white male dad did to me

this is saying men have the luxury of avoiding the life altering responsibility of parenthood. I'm not saying sean is wrong or right but hes an SJW, thats what the songs about, get over it
>>
>>65402533
God, I feel worse and worse with each passing day that I actually enjoyed AJJ. Listening to it now it's all so whiny and full of "muh white guilt" themes I never really caught until 2 years ago.
>>
>>65405314
Same here

/pol/s are just retarded and a bunch of pussies that they call themselves 'White men are the most oppressed'
>>
>>65405786
There's no reason in hating good music just because it doesn't endorse your politics.
>>
>>65405786
Same here also, I think their music is the pinnacle of SJW shills but nevertheless I still enjoy their stuffs. No need to be a weak crybabies like the SJWs, you can feel bad and enjoy things at the same time.
>>
>>65405821
They have some good songs, but on the whole it's the same sounding track with whiny singing and shit lyrics.

>>65405825
>Can feel bad and enjoy things at the same time

...I don't know how I feel about this. You mean like a guilty pleasure?
>>
>>65405314
Racist.
>>
File: yep.jpg (18 KB, 320x286) Image search: [Google]
yep.jpg
18 KB, 320x286
>>65405372
Not him but still peoplin contradicts american tune and provides a rebuttal to the SJW mindset. They have definitely changed though with the whole AJJ debacle so we'll call it even
>>
>>65405821
It's not good music though. The Knife is top-notch SJW music, AJJ is shit SJW music.
>>
As a huge fan of theirs who only listens to pre-KM and Christmas Island; yes. They are political in all their albums though mostly subtle about it except KM. I'll refer to a gig I went to with them where most of the set consisted of KM (so half the set was horrible) and the crowd were mainly underage tumblristas but as soon as they played anything from IP, OGCJM or CM the crowd were pretty silent and uninterested. KM was their sellout album, they needed the money and got it though lost a lot of integrity as a result. Christmas Island was their last good album as they moved away from the KM absurdities (which is why it got dismissed) and since the name change (mainly to appeal to the KM fans who consist of most of the fanbase) I doubt their going to produce anything worthwhile again. They've gone from playing Folk Punk to playing modern Folk Rock at this point. On saying this though, Sean and Ben are really nice guys and stuck around the end of the show to meet everyone/take pictures/ have conversations with people even thohgh it was obvious they were tired so I can't fault them there.
>>
>>65402582

Exactly

Any kind of music like this honestly is for angsty butthurt teenagers, if you say otherwise you have serious issues
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.