[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this is quite possibly the greatest album ever perfect match
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
this is quite possibly the greatest album ever
perfect match of noise and melody

also why did the reissue replace show me the way with just like heaven? show me the way absolutely destroys their cover of just like heaven
>>
File: HUM-Youd-Prefer-an-Astronaut.jpg (30 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
HUM-Youd-Prefer-an-Astronaut.jpg
30 KB, 750x750
>perfect match of noise and melody
you'd like this too
>>
>>65400587
Downward is Heavenward is better.
>>65400452
>why did the reissue replace show me the way with just like heaven?
As far as I'm aware, neither are on the original tracklist, and Just Like Heaven is still a live staple (based off their KEXP performance) so it's clear they enjoy it more.
>>
>>65400452
just like heaven > show me the way btw just fyi
>>
>>65400862
original cd copy had show me the way, and just like heaven was originally released after bug

>>65401110
dinosaur jr doesn't improve on the cure though, so it ends up being disappointing
however they can and do improve on frampton
>>
>>65401166
yeah nope rofl

anyways yeah i agree with u op, but those last two tracks kinda weak. but it doesnt matter the highs are just so high that it dwarfs the limp ending.
>>
>>65401166
correct me if I'm wrong but the OG vinyl release didn't have either song? Show Me the Way was added as a CD bonus track, then Just Like Heaven replaced that once it was released.

Show Me The Way was always just on the Little Fury Things EP, no?
>>
>>65401244
i don't remember lose at all but poledo is great

>>65401245
yeah original vinyl didn't have either, but every cd copy has had at least 10 tracks afaik
and it was on the little fury things ep at first, like you say
>>
listening to this feels almost wasted if i'm not driving around on a sunny day

does anyone else feel that way?
>>
>>65401340
not at all. you can be in any setting & the album works. never feels like a waste putting it on
>>
File: 6135626.png (2 MB, 1597x1597) Image search: [Google]
6135626.png
2 MB, 1597x1597
>>65400452
i've been shilling this band on here for a bit now, but if you like You're Living All Over Me, then I think you'll find Mob also hits that sweet spot between melody and noise

https://clyp.it/hiqnez4w
>>
>>65401390
i think the problem is i've already decided it's a summer album so i feel the compulsion to be doing summer things while listening to it
>>
>>65401396
whatever will check out just dont ever say 'shilling' ever again bud
>>
>>65401422
albums been with me for so long it doesnt feel like any season to me, but out of all the seasons though it easily feels the LEAST like a summer album to me.
>>
>>65401466
as i listen to it more it sounds like that transition between fall and summer, the leaves are just beginning to turn, and it's pleasant, kind of fuzzy, like the sound and like the album cover

poledo feels very wintery though
>>
>>65401490
lol u mean summer to fall? or spring to summer bro

whatever anyways albums feeling super seasonal for people is lame. shit sounds great in any setting bro.
>>
>>65401626
summer to fall

idk sometimes albums feel seasonal to me and sometimes they don't, and just because it feels right for one season doesn't mean i'll never listen to it other times
i listened to the beach boys a lot this winter
>>
>>65401679
whatever man lol. it dont feel warm & inviting to me or uplifting or whatever you guys consider "summery" or what have you. but thats probs cause i been listening to this for 8+years & i cant remember what i thought it mightve sounded like "seasonal-wise" back when i first heard it. only remember that i instantly fell in love with it purely off the first 15 seconds of little fury things & it didnt let up for the entire album. & i've loved it the same ever since bro.
>>
>>65401760
the first 15 seconds of little fury things were my least favorite part at first

i came upon the album about a year ago through getting into the c86 scene, and then deciding to listen to american music of the time period

i'd heard they took some inspiration from british indie, so i was completely unprepared for that start, but the rest of little fury things won me over
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.