[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are they, dare I say, "back"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: AR-160339959[1].jpg (175 KB, 2844x2844) Image search: [Google]
AR-160339959[1].jpg
175 KB, 2844x2844
Are they, dare I say, "back"?
>>
their best album in a while, so if you want to say that, yeah.
>>
>>65396400
they were never really gone
>>
I liked it. Do You Wanna Get High and Summer Elaine... are standout tracks.
I even like Thank God For Girls, which most people seem to hate.
>>
what would the reaction have been if they hadn't released anything between this and pinkerton
>>
California Kids > LA Girlz > Jacked Up > Endless Bummer > DYWGH? > Wind In Our Sails > King Of The World > Girl We Got A Good Thing > Summer Elaine and Drunk Dori
>>
>>65396490
would've been well received, but noticeably poppier than pinkerton, obviously
>>
LA GIIIIRRLS
PLEASE ACT YOUR AAAGGGE
>>
>>65396970
you treat me like i have the plague
sweeten up your lemonade and meet me down at tower twenty eight
>>
Its a good album, I like it.

I think its fair to hold a band to the standard of their latest release, so I'd say they are back
>>
>>65396400
No, and it pisses me off when people say they are "back".
Weezer has literally released only a stream of shit for the past 20 years almost...and has gotten the fuck away with it.
So when they release this, its literally only slightly better then the rest of this shit and people are calling it one of the best albums they have put out because its not that fucking hard to top their albums outside of Blue and Pinkerton.
>>
>>65397072
Blue album isn't even that good. It's definitely not above shit tier. Pinkerton is alright however.
>>
>Weezer
>ever
>>
>>65396400
They've been "back" since Hurley IMO. Even though nobody noticed that one and they had their commercial comeback with EWBAITE.

White was pretty good but if Cuomo was serious when he said he was gonna make a "Black" album and it would be a lot darker then I think we could be in for somethign really good.
>>
>>65397072
I've only listened to Blue, Pinkerton and this album and I think White is good
>>
Weezer is a one-hit wonder and Beverly Hills is the only reason anyone paid attention to them in the first place.
>>
>>65397205
Worst b8 i've ever seen
>>
>>65397072
Fuck you Montie.
>>
>>65397215
I'm serious. Name any other Weezer song other than Beverly Hills right now.
>>
>>65397278 not that guy but I think weezer have some good songs
Island in the sun
El scorcho
Pork & beans
Hash pipe
Keep fishin
Memories etc

They are a pretty solid group IMO
>>
>>65397072
>maladroit
>shit
Pick one.
>>
>>65397278
Island in the Sun
>>
>>65397278
pretty much every single from their debut was a hit and they've had quite a few since then
>captcha: select all images with rivers
>>
>>65397107
Hurley was embarassing shit. There's a reason why Rivers didn't earmark it as his comeback album.
>>
>liking weezer?
>ever

nice taste you fag
>>
>>65397072
fuck off, montie
>>
>>65397072
Fuck off Montie
>>
>>65397278
What a stupid post. Even if they hadn't released dozens of songs which reached the Top 10 of the Billboard rock chart and still receive regular radio rotation, I could easily read their Wikipedia page and copy and paste their entire singles discography.
>>
>>65397072
Fuck you
>>
best since Pinkerton and this is coming from a long time fan
>>
>>65397072
montie, my best friend killed himself and i would never wish such a fate on anyone
except for you
KILL YOURSELF
>>
>>65397278
Say it ain't so, my name is Jonas , surf wax America, buddy holly, tired of sex, la Girlz, California kids, wind in our sail, la girlz
>>
>>65397278
hip hip
>>
>>65397278
Across the Sea (best WeeeW song)
>>
>>65397340
aside from el scorcho, all of these songs were released during their worst years. And how could you forget classics like Undone, Buddy Holly, Say it ain't so. Even some of thier less well known stuff from this time period, such as pink triangle, surf wax america, only in dreams, and The good life are amazing!
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.