[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Yeah, it was nasty, in-fighting culture. The music board
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: shirtme_original.jpg (34 KB, 344x344) Image search: [Google]
shirtme_original.jpg
34 KB, 344x344
>Yeah, it was nasty, in-fighting culture. The music board of 4chan, I owe them something, because that was the first place where my music started getting circulated a lot. But after a certain point it was getting enough circulation on there that people who didn’t like my music thought that it was being circulated way too much. They started throwing my name up and saying that all the Car Seat Headrest posts were from me, that I was just viral-ing it. It frustrated me, because I’ve never posted on that site in my life. It was this inane thing going on while meanwhile actual success was totally eluding me.
>>
>>65392102
>while meanwhile
>>
>>65392148
>never posted on that site in my life
>>
File: distressed_hippie.png.rar.jpg (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
distressed_hippie.png.rar.jpg
1 B, 486x500
This site is honestly a huge shithole. I've been posting here for 10 years now and I just can't muster the energy anymore. I used to love arguing with idiots here about music but eventually you realize that the majority of the posters here are actual children and teenagers. What's the point? Dank memes, right? xD
>>
File: 1455771996396.jpg (68 KB, 431x450) Image search: [Google]
1455771996396.jpg
68 KB, 431x450
>>65392282
>implying 4chan was ever good
>>
>>65392301
I remember 2007-2009 being a real fun time but who knows, it was still somewhat new to me and I was younger then.
>>
>>65392282
the other day i made a thread about the grateful dead, and it got like 9 responses all saying that they never heard of them. i mean, it's one thing to not like their music, but to not even of heard of them?

literally have no idea why i expect people to be knowledgable here.
>>
>>65392378

yeah that's probably it
>>
>>65392398
all I know about the grateful dead is that it's ryan adam's only country band he likes
>>
File: 80714400.jpg (20 KB, 327x374) Image search: [Google]
80714400.jpg
20 KB, 327x374
>>65392398
>got like 9 responses all saying that they never heard of them

Oh come on there's no fucking way those people weren't baiting you. Please.

I was talking to some anime-watching asshole not too long ago and linked him a Wallflowers song, saying "oh yeah by the way this is Bob Dylan's kid"

>Bob Dylan? I recognize the name...

fuck this

there's no excuse if you're on a goddamn music board though. What the heck.
>>
a while back i was browsing through facebook and i came across a literal high schooler in my town whose page was filled with /mu/ memes. i first came here while i was in high school too, but at least i was never a meme-spouting faggot, especially outside the confines of this site. i can't believe i share a board with such cancer.
>>
File: Grateful-Dead-1.jpg (61 KB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
Grateful-Dead-1.jpg
61 KB, 500x273
>>65392481
i know this is bait but i'll bite anyway as an excuse to talk about ryan adams.

he likes gram parsons, too. i've always said he was the spiritual successor to him. my favorite cover from DRA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9hNExzwlhA

also he likes uncle tupelo considering that all the early whiskeytown albums are complete rip offs of them.

>>65392493
i was baiting GD fans! it was something like "what is the best example of a good band with a cancerous fan base?". i only got like 2 fuck yous, the rest seemed genuinely unaware of their existence.
>>
>>65392503
This kind of poster is more common than most people here are willing to admit, I think.

I had some kid on my facebook who would post /mu/ memes and tried to make those piece of shit anime-sampling "ironic" rap songs, vaporwave, etc. This site becomes a large part of these kids' identities which is truly ironic considering the anonymity they'll claim is part of the draw.
>>
>>65392635
>the rest seemed genuinely unaware of their existence.

I need to stop giving people here the benefit of the doubt
>>
It really sucks that this board can't just like, rise above and be adult human beings about literally anything. Will's a kid who makes nice, reflective music, and he made it, and why can't we just talk about his music, and enjoy it? Jesus christ.

feel free to Hi Will me at will.
>>
>>65392687
This justification only works if you act like this about everything though. I have a sneaking suspicion you most likely meme and shitpost on stuff you don't like, so you just have to lie down and take it when people do it to yr favourite artist. if you've ever posted anything akin to "metal is for children" or "hip hop is for niggers" then you don't really have a leg to stand on
>>
>>65392754
>not being okay with contradicting yourself
what is this, pre-2016?
>>
>>65392663
>becomes a large part of these kids' identities which is truly ironic considering the anonymity they'll claim is part of the draw.

The anonymity gives you the sense of being a part of a larger community, as opposed to an individual member of a group
People let it influence their identity in the same way being a vegan, following a certain religion, or being a hardcore fan of a certain band would
>>
>>65393765
this
>>
>>65392687
RISE ABOVE
WE'RE GONNA RISE ABOVE
>>
>>65392282
Lol you fucking dumb ass, after 10 years realizing 90% of this shit hole is literal middle schoolers.
>>
>>65392687
Hi wills mom, taking a break from sucking dicks are ya?
>>
>>65392635
I approve of your dutiful work.
>>
>>65392102
/mu isn't too bad. yeah, it's nasty.
but you're only here because you're interested in music.
as for me, don't really have it in me to hate on Will anymore.
>>
There's something about this guy that makes me hate him a lot.
Maybe it's the fact that he made crappy music. Maybe it's the fact that after six years his themes are still the same.
Maybe it's the fact that he promoted his furshit but tried to hide the truth when he got the fame, the fact that he wasted fifty thousand dollars, the fact that he's a liar.
He also has a really punchable face. Never thought I'd honestly get mad about him on here, but fuck you Will, you're legitimately a terrible person.
>>
>>65394627
Will makes me angry but before he was successful I was only irritated by him, however I don't really have reasons. I kind of look like him. I like music. My dad plays the piano. Lots of similarities. I would like to think that Will's a bigger nerd, but I may actually be, he seems more articulate that I usually feel. The point is fuck him most times, except when it's FLM.
>>
How do I not get pissed off that this dumb kid who can't write for shit resonates with shit people ?
>>
>>65392102
I really wish people would stop using this as an OP pic because it's fucking disgusting and it freaks me out whenever I see it in the catalog

I don't know this guy's music and have no interest in checking it out but please find a less repulsive picture of him to spam
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.