[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Following the release of this steaming pile of doo doo song
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: madman.jpg (199 KB, 395x594) Image search: [Google]
madman.jpg
199 KB, 395x594
Following the release of this steaming pile of doo doo song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBotY_n27VA

I have to ask the questions, is he a mad genius finally pushed over the edge? Or he is going through a midlife crisis?

When considering the questions remember he also made this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8k3qB61lhk
>>
Talentless hack who was only successful cause of his rich daddy
>>
>>65391237
Probably right about his success, but there's no denying Is this it was very influencial
>>
File: just.png (46 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
just.png
46 KB, 640x400
>>65391204
>>
>>65391204
I would not consider him a musical genius but a really creative and able songwriter. After the blandness of the early Strokes records, he just wants to create the experimental music he most likely always wanted to created. The only reason he is doing it now is because he has the money, the popularity accompanied with the time he has from being kinda irrelevant. Irrelevancy doesn't necessarily mean bad music though
>>
I really like the direction they're going
>>
He is experimenting more with his voice instead of just doing the lou reed sing talk thing.
Also he is clearly moving the strokes and into a more electronic direction, also maybe he knows what vaporwave is.

Also human sadness is about his dad dying
>>
>>65391204
wait so the first link you claim or believe is "doo doo" but the voidz shit what was your take?

???????
>>
>>65392304
I'm sure his voice is pushed up a few octaves in drag queen
>>
P4k gave the voids album a 4 and condescendingly they even admitted that maybe in the future it might be hailed as revolutionary, the review was made by a hardcore poptmists who ended up getting fired by p4k though.
Julian clearly keeps his ear to the underground and is so far the first rock band to incorporate vaporwave aesthetic properly into rock music thus giving birth to something original and weird.
>>
File: cia.jpg (37 KB, 600x639) Image search: [Google]
cia.jpg
37 KB, 600x639
>coast to coast, la to chicago, i dont know geography that well
>>
File: 1462934765995.jpg (209 KB, 1396x2048) Image search: [Google]
1462934765995.jpg
209 KB, 1396x2048
>>65392814
>he doesn't know the great lakes are known as the north coast
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.