[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was the pursuit of music as a sustainable career always a meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: memecatcher.png (217 KB, 700x1228) Image search: [Google]
memecatcher.png
217 KB, 700x1228
Was the pursuit of music as a sustainable career always a meme or can it be enough to just get by no matter how average and talentless you are?

I'm asking because I'm not good at anything other than making music and holding down dead end jobs. It's probably the only thing I've got going for me in life.
>>
>>65390380
>no matter how average and talentless you are

no, lol

are you good or talentless, make up your mind
>>
>>65390380
oh my god this comic
>>
>>65390380
I can't believe that drawing of that woman can be so hot
>>
>>65390380
someone who solely pursuits a musical career is worse off than someone who solely pursuits a law/finacial career
>>
>>65390380

>Sgt. peppers
>Dark Side of the Moon
>Nirvana
>Yellow Submarine
>Led Zeppelin I
>Velvet Underground and Nico
>Rolling Stones
>Blue Album
>Nirvana

Not listening to music anymore is a positive improvement in his taste.
>>
>>65390380
Pursuing any "career" in a field you are talentless in or unsuited to is retarded.

With a career in a standard field, you're being paid directly for the quality of your work. In music, this quality is often perceived subjectively and your income will depend as much on marketing, luck and contacts. And that's only if you've got the "talent" and experience to create a viable product in the first place.

Considering how tough the job market is, you'd have to be legitimately retarded to think music could be sustainable as a career for anyone regardless of their talent. If that was the case every loser would be doing it.
>>
>>65391943
damn don't cut yourself on that edge
>>
>>65390380
everytime I read this picture I always think that I'd fuck the smug out of that mom

just look at her jesus christ
>>
>>65391666
both are terrible - one is unfulfilled, the other is starving
>>
File: JUST.jpg (54 KB, 600x640) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
54 KB, 600x640
>>65391647
wew
>>
>>65391666
Satanic trips confirm
>>
>>65390380
Making music that other people like is one of the most challenging career paths you can take. Most people aren't cut out for it. Good Luck.
>>
>>65390380
yeah i'm definitely gonna go through life doing something that gives me no emotional pleasure or enjoyment and just drop all my hobbies and interests amirite
>>
>>65392477
On a surface level it really isn't that difficult, you can basically learn how to play the vast majority of songs on an acoustic guitar with about three chords, and you can just use chord progressions and shit to make listenable music.

The difficult bit is making music that's unique or special or interesting or innovates in some way, and sometimes that takes a quality that can't be learned or taught.
>>
>>65390380
why did she loose weight
>>
>Stop dreaming
People who say that are blaspheming
They're doing nine to five and moaning
And they don't want you succeeding when they've blown it
And your idols - who are they?
They too dreamt about their day
Positive steps will see your goals
>>
>>65393197
Wondering that myself. She looks like Pillsbury Doughmom in the first panel. But cartoon-me would bend her over that bed and fuck the shit out of her in the third one. It's there and it's ready.
>>
>dreamers
>they never learn
>>
>>65390380
having talent has never been a requirement to make it in music. you usually need to have money to float your lifestyle for several years, or be extremely lucky.

if you keep writing songs, going to open mics, updating your soundcloud, you're more than likely to not ever have someone outside of your friends listen to your music. if you want to keep doing it, you're gonna have to be satisfied with it in and of itself. if you want to be successful, make prank/video game videos on youtube
>>
>>65394005
I concur with this anon - completely talentless idiots have succeeded in this field, but no matter how long you persist, you may never be one of them.
>>
>>65393903
Literally a Coldplay-tier lyrical cliché
>>
Fuck y'all imma follow my dream till i die
>>
>>65390380

According to my theory all those famous artists and stuff are just sock puppets or false role models who should teach you that pursuing such a lifestyle is leading nowhere, not more, not less lol

anyway If you think that money or something would make you happy you're just a faggot and should kill yourself

I mean those are conservatives, they try to "teach" people how "hard" life is and that "only hard work pays off" and such bullshit but the fact is that you don't need shit to be happy

You don't need to work, to buy stuff, you just have to eat, sleep and and go out sometimes to appreciate reality

You only have to avoid the TV and cigarettes and alcohol I think and you basically can live off welfare without any needs or guilty conscience or some other conservative bullshit from grandpas cunt

I mean I'm not leftist or shit because I know that the left/right wing structure was made to make opposition to conservativism look unattractive but basically yeah kill all old people
>>
>>65394854
there is a future in this.
>>
>>65394854
>anyway If you think that money or something would make you happy you're just a faggot and should kill yourself

Or just a realist.
>>
>>65394967

Dude Some months ago I also was in this fucking normie nightmare consisting of consuming drugs being scared of being without work being depressive because of no money but then I discovered that life is fucking great and suddenly It was just like my mind was opened or some stuff like that you gotta stop consuming and believing all that bullshit that is thrown at you like all that dystopian conspiracy theories the advertising and all that bullshit
just live your life and don't give a fuck about anything
>>
>>65395053
>or some stuff like that
Well you certainty have a coherent argument.

Money may not make you happy, but to quote Dell Boy, it certainly takes the sting out of being poor.

If you're happy lying around living off the doll then good for you, but personally, I couldn't imagine a more empty existence.
>>
>>65394854

>You only have to avoid the TV and cigarettes and alcohol I think and you basically can live off welfare without any needs or guilty conscience or some other conservative bullshit from grandpas cunt

>anyway If you think that money or something would make you happy you're just a faggot and should kill yourself

You seem to be projecting, Anon.

Smartassing aside, most people are genuinely happy with purpose and busy work and providing for themselves. I'm not sure why you'd associate welfare with happiness unless you were pure-strain neet, and this isn't something I say because hurf durf conservatives. Being a neet was one of the most depressing parts of my adult life and I've been sincerely happy to put it behind me.

Furthermore, money DOES make most people happy and more of it would make them happier. Yeah sure, if you need riches to be content you're probably a bit deluded. But if I had all my bills covered in advance I'd always rest easier. Security isn't everything but please don't pretend it has no value.
>>
You can start a cover band, it doesn't require talent
>>
>>65390380
you should read the gift
>>
>>65395145

lying around, idk you should know when you have to spend the whole day walking around and just enjoying what you see or if you should stay at home

go and let the sun fry you or take a red flower and hold it in front of the blue sky and get your mind blown

It starts to rain and you see other people hiding? Walk even slower and enjoy the... shower lol

I mean it may sound simpleton-like if you think in all that conservative-controlled media propagated patterns but you should know that actually I'm a prodigy and also thought that all that Knowledge and the amount of brain training is important but actually the real art ist to just think nothing

You know I may walk around in a white wife beater but I'm playing piano since like two months or something and I already passed the skill level of which I always thought I'll never reach. Stay rad, buddy
>>
>>65395341
>I mean it may sound simpleton-like
That's being generous.
>>
>>65395189
>Smartassing aside, most people are genuinely happy with purpose and busy work and providing for themselves

Do you know "most people"? So how can you speak for them?

I thought like you, too. Legit statistics, information, all legit. Human beings die without work. Breathing should be taxed.

The fact is that some people out there seem to get butthurt about other people being happy and so they try to make their lives worse. They show you the beginnings of the States: "Look, people, that was slavery, rome was slavery. Very, very bad. Whip hits on the back, gladiator fights etc. Other things that are better aren't slavery."

Anyway, I almost forgot that I don't care for this stuff anymore and it's not important because personally I just want all other men to die so I can fuck all the women like every other man should do so bye
>>
>>65395520
Don't eat the brown acid, kids.
>>
>>65395546

I never took acid and I never will because all "drugs" (ex. pure cannabis) are fucking cancer and trash

There is literally no reason to take other drugs besides cannabis, I used to be a so called typical european "stoner", smoking 0,3 grams with half of a cig in a joint, smoking bong and all that shit... It's for fucking losers. All those memes you get from tv-shows, music... codeine, coke, xanax, adderal, tobbacco, all that bullshit... Dude lets put that gram of weed inside that tobacco leaf yeah dr dre blunts WESTSIDE like yeah this cake is too fucking delicious let's put some fucking salt on it and aslo some sand yeah perfect
what a bunch of fags holy crap
>>
>>65395762
lmao who fucking triggered you
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.