[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SOILED IT SOILED IT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: electroswing.png (369 KB, 1920x526) Image search: [Google]
electroswing.png
369 KB, 1920x526
SOILED IT SOILED IT
>>
>people will defend this
>people will deny that it's electroswing

just admit it, Avalanches are finished
>>
I've never cared for SILY but i dug that new single. I have no idea what electro-swing is, though. Can someone explain why i'm supposed to hate it? Biggest problem that i can see with that track is how low the vocals are mixed, but it's fun enough to listen to. I can groove to it.
>>
It's not Electro-Swing. RYM are just stupid with anything that doesn't have guitars on it. The song's a Hip-Hop song with a Calypso sample. That does not make it Electro-Swing.
>>
>>65389338
because fedora men listen to electro swing and fedora men are losers and you should hate fedora men
>>
Never deleted an album so fast in my life. Fuck this dogshit band.
>>
>>65389601
fedora men listen to black metal you autist
>>
>>65389266
wow dude you can edit an artist entry wew
>>
>>65389646
When I first came to /mu/ I specifically remember seeing a chart called fedoracore with electroswing, sinatra and tom waits on it.
>>
>>65389338
You don't have to hate it

Maybe judge music on what you derive from it and not what other people label it
>>
>>65389551
That "calypso" song was different than the artist's usual work and was a novelty song that mimicked Frank Sinatra's style. On RYM it would probably be tagged as both swing and calypso (or just novelty).
>>
>>65389266
NO

NO
>>
>>65389670
Yeah but Tom Waits is good so you should be questioning that chart. Also

>I mindlessly drone any chart I see on /mu/
>>
>>65389774
Who said I was droning it? If it wasn't obvious enough >>65389601 was ironic. You must have below middle school reading comprehension if you couldn't see that.
>>
>>65389601
>because fedora men listen to electro swing and fedora men are losers and you should hate fedora men

We're on a website that has a large group of trump supporters on it, they aren't allowed to accuse others of being fedorafags.
>>
>>65389266
i remember when the track first leaked and there was one faggot spamming the board saying it was electro swing

everyone was denying it, i cant believe /mu/ has the ability to turn a meme into a reality

is this track even electro swing?
>>
>>65389978
>is this track even electro swing?

Yes. It's electro swing. It's not 100% definitive electro swing, but it's electro swing.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 438x335) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 438x335
>>65389822
Trump is the anti-fedora. He is a God. A World Class Alpha Male Business Dude and the masculine role model you never had.
>>
File: fedora.png (353 KB, 428x422) Image search: [Google]
fedora.png
353 KB, 428x422
>>65390252
See, this. This is the sort of post that i can only imagine somebody who looks like this posting. This is why this meme exists.
>>
>>65390037
I just listened to it for the first time and jesus christ you guys weren't exaggerating. I see why it's considered electro swing but that's the least of it's worries. Do people genuinely think the Danny Brown and Doom verses are anything but awful?
>>
>>65390252
Wow great argument fedoratron you sure convinced me with thos hot opinions
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 380x271) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 380x271
>>65390283
Well, you are obviously a triggered numale and you look like this. I bet you also like to watch your girlfriend get gangbanged by minorities while you apologize for your privilege
>>
File: 1460946080164.png (581 KB, 699x521) Image search: [Google]
1460946080164.png
581 KB, 699x521
>>65390349
>>
>>65389338
Electro swing isn't inherently bad, it just has one of the worst fanbases of any music ever conceived.
>>
>>65389601
I think this is a bad argument just for the fact that it's not people hating it bcos it's some kind of thing it's not cool to like, or it's associated with certain people it's not cool to like, it's that a LOT of electroswing wears it's generic and uninspired sound very heavily. It sounds generic and uninspired because so much of it's trite genre music. Not effortless, and not made by untalented people, but overbearingly unmemorable. Steam Powered Giraffe are talented vocalists, but there's so little i take away from anything they've ever done because their actual music feels generic. It's like a whole genre that's one of those Two Steps From Hell 10 Hour Epic Music compilations on Youtube.
>>
>>65390349
I don't get triggered and i don't have a girlfriend. The only thing that's offended me in recent memory is when i found out that Burger King started selling hot dogs. That shit is an affront to the entire concept of food. Nothing that trump does and nothing that his cult says can offend me. I just love to see them get pissed off over shit that doesn't matter.
>>
File: 1343279873894.png (132 KB, 168x200) Image search: [Google]
1343279873894.png
132 KB, 168x200
>>65389266
>/mu/ getting collectively BTFO after hyping the new Avalanches for so long

delicious
>>
>>65390575
Imagine what would have happend if Jenny Death had turned out to be an Electroswing album.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.