[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
name a worse album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1455513006738.jpg (88 KB, 472x312) Image search: [Google]
1455513006738.jpg
88 KB, 472x312
name a worse album
>>
>>65386622

That last Panda Bear album
>>
>>65386622
the one before it
>>
>electronic fart noises: the album
>>
>>65386640
this
>>
>>65386622
>>65386630
>>65386639
We can all agree that the animal collectives are terrible musicians.
>>
>>65386719
:(
>>
>>65386719
blurry face and danse manatee were good tho
>>
>>65386622
A Moon Shaped Pool
>>
>>65386630
Yea the fact that GR got better reviews than PW is bullshit.

>>65386719
No, they're ridiculously good. Explosively dynamic, tonally and rhythmically intricate, structurally unpredictable, as broadly ranged as any band you'll ever hear, emotive as fuck, and they did a large part in changing the sonic palette of modern music by making the gap between art noise and traditional songwriting a little smaller. Not singlehandedly, but they're important.

I'm not going to say PW is a great album, but same as CHz, there's a handful of great tracks coming from yet another bold shift in sonic direction, which is still commendable. The worst part of PW was Panda. He did have a couple of the best tracks, but he also had most of the worst. Which is fine because aside from MPP and PP we all know that Avey IS Animal Collective, and Panda is an accompaniment, albeit an important one.
>>
File: album2.jpg (323 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
album2.jpg
323 KB, 1600x1600
>>
>>65387057
Good god that album art
Good god that text, too. Looks like it's suspended mid animation.
>>
Kid A
The Seer
Loveless
Since I Left You
Funeral
Pet Sounds
Teen Dream
Abbey Road
Blonde on Blonde
Honky Dory
The Ascension
Untrue
London Calling
Homework
The Money Store
LA Woman
Hotel California
Cancer For Cure
The Marshal Mathers LP
The Soft Bulletin
Lift Your Skinny Fists
Dookie
Overgrown
Red
Congratulations
Moonface
Psychic Chasms
ITAOTS
Music from the Unrealized Film Script, Dusk at the Cubist Castle
Manners
Graceland
Dark Side of the Moon
Run the Jewels 2
Chutes Too Narrow
Daydream nation
Lonerism
Apostrophe
>>
>>65387244
damn
>>
your favorite album
>>
>>65386630
Both PW and PBVSGR are 8/10, at least.
>>
>>65387326
PW is but PBVSGR kinda sucks
>>
>>65387244
>Run The Jewels 2

Please don't
>>
>>65387665
>not having a problem with lonerism
>>
>>65387244
I can't handle this level of autism
>>
chz is worse
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.