[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone have anything to say about this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1
File: Low_(album).jpg (43 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Low_(album).jpg
43 KB, 300x300
Does anyone have anything to say about this album?
>>
HAVE YOU EVER WONDER SOMETIMES
>>
>>65386629

Pretty sure it's: "Dont you wonder sometimes"
>>
>>65386595
Sound and vision is the best song he ever did. But overall station to station is the superior bowie record
>>
>>65386595
Great album :)
>>
>>65386595
nothing that hasn't already been said. it's a good album
>>
>>65387070
Technically there are better songs off of other albums, but sound and vision has that very special feel related to it. Its better when you realise it was supposed to be an instrumental, and when everyone left the studio David felt like he wanted to add some vocals and it became perfect.

And yes, S2S is the best, no doubt.
>>
>>65387256
Whats your fav song off s2s
>>
>>65387290
Golden years is the best
>>
>>65387256

I haven't listened s2s yet, but Low is my favourite so far.

I've listened to Blackstar, Scary Monsters, Aladdin Sane, Ziggy Stardust and Space Oddity.
>>
>>65387469
You need to make it yr goal to listen to station to station today
>>
>>65387469
desu the next day and heathen are really great, but always overshadowed by his older stuff
>>
>>65387511
He has said truth
>>
>>65387511

The Next day and S2S are next on my list.
>>
Low [RCA Victor, 1977]
I find side one's seven "fragments"--since the two that clock in at less than 2:45 are 1:42 and 2:20, the term must refer to structures rather than length--almost as powerful as the "overlong" tracks on Station to Station. "Such a wonderful person/But you got problems" is definitely a love lyric for our time. But most of the movie music on side two is so far from hypnotic that I figure Bowie, rather than Eno, must deserve credit for it. I mean, is Eno really completely fascinated by banality? B+
>>
feels to me like a less interesting Heroes
>>
>>65387855
Hi Christgau

>>65386595
It's beautiful, perfect, absolutely my favorite Bowie record. S2S is incredibly close though.

Low ranks up there alongside Pet Sounds and Remain in Light as genuine artistic masterpieces,
>>
>>65386595
Yeah.
It's fucking overrated.
>>
>>65388064

Low or s2s?
>>
>>65386595
Love it. Feels much more focused than "Heroes."
>>
>>65386683
'BOUT SOUND AND VISION
>>
It influenced Trent Reznor so that's cool I guess.
>>
>>65386595
YOU'RE SUCH A WONDERFUL PERSON
>>
>>65389168
the vocal songs are better on Heroes though.
>>
>>65387256
That was heroes fucking retard
>>
>>65388033
Christgau is a genius fuck you
>>
>>65390186

How so?
>>
overrated
>>
>>65390117

But'you got problems!
>>
What I have to say is that a similar sound can be heard on "The Idiot" by Iggy
>>
>>65386595
it's a strong contender for my favourite album ever
>>
>>65390567
i just think theyre more engaging and sound better. Beauty and the Beast, Joe the Lion, Heroes, Sounds of the Silent Age are a great stretch of great songs. maybe not fitting for the rest of the album, since there's more emphasis on guitar, but theyre still great and energetic
>>
>>65390687

Is 'The Idiot' worth listening to?
>>
>>65390687
G i wonder y
>>
>>65390949
Yes
>>
>>65390832

Tell me about it, haha.
>>
>>65391051

Thanks for the reccomendation :)
>>
>>65386595
One of my favorite albums of all time desu.
>>
>>65387855
christgau is a tool
>>
>>65390949
Yes, it was produced by bowie. It reminds me of the rockiest song on Low and Lodger.
There is the original version of China Girl that Bowie will re-record for Let's Dance.

It sounds a lot like "Berlin" Bowie because there are Dennis Davis on drums and George Murray on bass.
Some parts were recorded at Hansa in Berlin.

"Sister Midnight" is the same track as "Red Money" on Lodger, with differenet lyrics
>>
>>65391903
>Dennis Davis on drums and George Murray
they are also on Station to Station, along with Carlos Alomar
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.