[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get told it's some amazing experimental take on the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 9
File: 91r3f7RUobL._SL1500_.jpg (533 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
91r3f7RUobL._SL1500_.jpg
533 KB, 1500x1500
>get told it's some amazing experimental take on the pop genre with innovating sounds and well written lyrics
>it's just synthpop with reverb
why /mu/?
>>
yeah after listening to their early albums I was really disappointed in this
>>
What is with neo-/mu/s campaign against MPP
>>
>>65383713
because you're using buzzwords that you don't actually know the meaning of but rather the context of which scaruffi amd fantano uses them.
>>
>>65383713
haha MPP isn't even their best album tho
>>
>>65383713
You're wrong though.
>>
>>65383755
>scaruffi amd fantano
who?
>>
>>65383797
>Haha I totally don't know them and drone off them in a race for inauthentic snowflake eclecticism bucks

Fuck off faggot
>>
>>65383840
>projection:the post
i just got dissapointed in MPP after all the hype behind it. why does this mean i parrot reviewers to seme more eclectic?
>>
>>65383752
because it is objectively one of the worst anco albums and the point that began their demise
>>
This album us so boring, i can't see how people enjoy it.
>>
>>65383874
no, you're a snowflake that think you're so special and above even moo that youre cool and free thinking for disliking mpp solely because it's popular here

The way you actually go out of your day to point out how hyped it is and establish its very popular rigjt before shitting on it tells me all I need to know how actually valid your criticism is

You're the #1383838th thousand fucking underage faggot to do this though, so its ironic either way.
>>
>>65383713
It's not even their best album lol. Feels is so much better.
MPP is overhyped trash.
>>
File: 1457732973190.gif (32 KB, 205x39) Image search: [Google]
1457732973190.gif
32 KB, 205x39
>>65383931
>people who disagree with me only do it to be different
>>
>>65383874
All the hype was 7 years ago. If you're going to passively try to be a snowflake at least pick something currently relevant
>>
>>65383998
it's still overhyped to high heaven tho
>>
>>65383752
>neo-/mu/
>against MPP
Uhm, that's a contradiction
>>
>>65383981
yep, this point isn't new either. Grow up and stop hating stuff to seem cool when nobody cares. You may not even realize you're doing it at this age though.
>>
hey guys i appreciate this album and earlier works at the same time
roast me
>>
>>65383755
>Only scaruffi and fantano are allowed to use them words. How do you normies know what synthpop or reverb are?
Fuck off
>>
File: stop_liking_what_i_dont_like.png (591 KB, 722x832) Image search: [Google]
stop_liking_what_i_dont_like.png
591 KB, 722x832
>>65383931
>
>>
>>65384030
>people that have opinions that are different then mine are only doing it to be different
>everyone has to like this album and if they say they don't they are only pretending
also i never said i hated the album
>>
>>65384044
You fucking sensible person
>>
>>65384063
>shit on people for having a different opinion
>people shit on yours in turn
>wow u autist its just my opinion lol umad
>>
>>65384090
>shit on people for having a different opinion
this is literally what you are doing tho
>>
>>65384090
Way to completely miss the point...
>>
>>65384059
How the hell did you get that out of the thing I said?

>>65384063
Underage Marxists hiding behind their safe zone of muh opinion it doesn't mean it's an honest or actually legitimate opinion when its main deciding factor or influence is "how do I look as different and superior as possible"

>>65384064
>Even MORE meme phrases that are always, every sibgle time said on these shitty posts

sure, you may not hate it but you sure are trying as hard to dislike it as you can. also >lemme establish casual attitude towards this to show I'm totally being earnest guise
>>
File: autism.png (51 KB, 338x288) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
51 KB, 338x288
>>65384182
>>
>>65384182
You really need to drop your psychology class people are memes and speak in memes and when you're starting to be autistic enough to see the patterns you will end up blowing your head off of boredom so just drop the class fag
>>
>>65384182
Bringing marxism into this. You brainwashed right wing nutjobs need to calm the fuck down and grow up
>>
>>65384207
Hiding behind a wall of irony is the new replacement for saying muh triggers and using that as a shield to dismiss any counter points thrown your way
>>
>>65384182
This isn't even about "muh opinion", but about you who assumes that "anyone who doesn't like what I do is only pretending to appear superior" (if anything, you are taking the "why am I better than everybody else" stance now). That's a literal symptom of autism.
>>
>>65384230
If the >>65384214 is right and that anon is a psych major autist he is probably over analyzing ops behavior nd to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if op actually is an underage marxist kek
>>
>>65384250
Hey look, a tripfag that can't play any instrument thinking his opinion matters

there is an actual opinion and a contrarian viewpoint. This is the latter. People that actually dislike mpp don't point out how popular it is before shitting on with dismissive empty meaning buzzwords that they don't know the proper context of
>>
>>65384285
OP was saying how surprised they were at how bad it was compared to what people have hyped it up to be. He wasn't shitting on it because it was popular but because it's undeserved
>>
>>65384285
I play piano, so you are wrong.

I don't dislike MPP, but I think it's not a particularly great album (it is good for the pop genre standard though, but not anywhere near the top).
It's not difficult to dislike MPP anyways, it's not difficult to see how it could be annoying, for example, but as usual, people try to justify their enjoyment with factors not related to enjoyment, like the ones you just mentioned.
Point is, they don't pretend to dislike, they genuinely do.
Have you ever pretended to dislike an album to appear superior? Because I never have, and have never met someone who did, so you are only arguing with a fictional person you made yourself.
>>
>>65384351
No, he went out of his way on multiple times to establish how popular it is to them shit all over it with zero actual criticism

That is not an opinion, just contrarianism
>>
>some guys really like album
>check it out
>it's not an instant 10/10
>wow better go tell those guys their taste is shit

Just lurk more bro, you have the whole summer to listen to that album and the other essentials. The door is always open if you wanna leave.
>>
>>65384391
>and the other essentials
>implying MPP is essential
>encouraging people to listen to the "essentials"
Follow your own advice and lurk more, because you haven't been here for more than half a year.
>>
>>65384424
yes, there have always been starting points to most thing that are good pointers in what direction you want to go. Keep your dumb moith shut tripfag
>>
>>65384450
Not MPP, that's for sure.
I tell you again, lurk more, because you haven't been here for more than half a year.
>>
>>65384476
I've been here on and off for about two years. Not that i have to prove anything to you. Everytime I see you post youre being an ignorant tryhard retard in most aspects

Also to everyone itt that may be new, 6 months is the prime time to leave mu because it doesn't offer much past that unless you just occasionally check up on shit every few weeks or so. Only poseurs that won't make it stay full time past then
>>
>>65384476
You're not replying to me namefag I have your trip filtered.

>>65383713
Protip: filter tripfags
>>
>>65384541
>two years
>not new
>>
/mu/ please enlighten me, what is the best AnCo album? only listened to MPP and i loved it
>>
File: 1461444868064.jpg (47 KB, 691x516) Image search: [Google]
1461444868064.jpg
47 KB, 691x516
>listening to this album on speakers
>mum with poor music taste comes into my room
>'what are you listening to, it's really good'
>turn off speakers
>>
>>65383941
>Montie having the worst opinion yet again
why am I not surprised
the only reason I haven't filtered you is because I like having an idea of just how shit this place is
>>
>>65384589
that picture is fucking disgusting
>>
>>65384576
Well the thing is it's up to you to decide
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 344x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 344x300
>>65384569
>when you realize you've been on this Chinese cartoon website for 7 years
>>
>>65384541
>you are being an ignorant try hard
[citation needed]

Your second paragraph is only right if you think /mu/core is all there is to music (it's not).

>>65384555
>Respect my safe space! I can't take opinions who differ from mine!

>>65384569
Plus, the "one and off", like, that could be once per month or less, and he then tells other people to lurk more.

>>65384593
You know, this time he's not wrong (except for the trash thing).
>>
>>65384589
your mom has bad music taste indeed
>>
>>65384601
>>
>>65384576
Sung Tongs imo
really >>65384617 is correct though (as long as it's not Feels or CHz :^))
>>65384628
Feels is definitely not their best mate
>>
>>65384628
Its not, yeah. but my only discusses that and boring unoriginal alterations of it. That or shit they think is complex or any original or good like xenakis.

You will never actually develop taste if you don't leave this place
>>
>>65384589
is this loss?
>>
>>65384617
I still feel new and I just realized I'm months away from 7 years too, damn.

>>65384476
I know you like to shitpost but MPP is undeniably an essential listen for people trying to get into either psychedelia or pop in general.
It's entry level, well liked, and still manages to bring something unique to the table.
Liking an album is not a prerequisite for something to be essential.

>>65383713
It's okay to not like it but it's much more than synthpop with reverb. I recommend to relisten later this summer with an open mind, unhyped, and for you to actually listen to it actively.
There is far more going on than reverb, it's completely fine not to enjoy every album but only an idiot would believe truly that this album is just synthpop with reverb.

Try Paralytic Stalks btw, I wonder how you would react to it.
>>
>>65384730
>MPP essential for people trying to get into psychedelia
>>
>>65384639
Hmm, on second thought I think you are right. But it's not an unreasonable opinion either.

>>65384704
You don't know how to browse /mu/ well enough then. I always find what I look for, or even find things I don't even look for that I would have loved to know earlier! Now, to be fair, RYM is better for that purpose, but /mu/ is way more fun and more open to musical discussion (if you know how to discuss and behave).
You are probably right by saying you will never develop some taste if all your sources are /mu/, but /mu/ is useful as once of many sources when combined.
>>
File: water.gif (4 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
water.gif
4 MB, 480x360
>>65383894
>hasn't heard of CHZ or Painting With
it's definitely not their worst...
>>
>>65384768
>one of the worst
l2read fAm
>>
>>65384722
oh fuck
>>65384768
PW was unironically good though
CHz is definitely their worst, but that's because half the tracks suck balls. the other half is still breddy gud.
>>
>>65384730
I never shit post.
MPP is not essential for either pop or psych standards (for neither artistic nor historical reasons), yet it is indeed a good album. There are around 50 more essential albums than that one on their respective genres.
>>
>>65384767
>(if you know how to discuss and behave).

and you know? you force your retarded opinions as facts in every thread

i guess if you want a response here you need to be an obnoxious faggot
>>
>>65384906
I never do that. I always tell people that it's just my opinion. Could you quote me on where have I ever did that you claim there?

I'm not being an "obnoxious faggot" right now, but you are...
>>
File: 1458946755342.jpg (187 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458946755342.jpg
187 KB, 1920x1080
Pic related is their best
>>
>>65384424
>>65384476
stupid, stupid trip
>>65384730
>I know you like to shitpost but MPP is undeniably an essential listen for people trying to get into either psychedelia
>It's entry level, well liked, and still manages to bring something unique to the table
this anon gets it. there may be a lot of inventive psych that came before it, but if you want some of the best psych of the 2000s, AnCo is where you start.
>>
MPP is objectively the best album in history of recorded music
>>
>anon makes thread about not liking an album
>music is subjective
>anon 2 tries to go psychological and apeshit and looks like a fucking retard

like who cares some people think it's good some don't music is all subjective
>>
>>65384063
What the fuck is tiger tail ice cream?
>>
>>65384628
aren't you a tranny? Or am I thinking of a different one of you vain faggots?
>>
>>65383713
>synthpop
>MPP has anything on it that even remotely resembles synthpop

you need to go back
>>
>>65383713

wow you are fucking retarded, reverb is what makes the sound appear as if it's in a big music hall or area, DELAY and echo tape effects make the voices trail off and stuff not the fucking reverb DURRR you don't know shit about music
>>
>>65385783
>Tiger tail ice cream (also simply called tiger tail) is orange-flavoured ice cream with black licorice swirl.
>>
>>65385289
its shit you retard
>>
Idk man, I like it. It's fun if you're high as fuck. I never like it as much when I'm sober.
>>
>>65383713
Listened to it with an open mind, I didn't hate it, but it didn't make any impression on me
>>
>>65386047
wew you sure convinced me there, bud
>>
Campfire Songs is their best record, followed closely by HCTI. MPP is good, though, and reducing it to "pop with reverb" is pretty stupid
>>
>>65383894
>their most acclaimed album
>one of the their worst
>>
>>65386354
>their most accessible album so far
wow i sure am surprised that this got good reviews
>>
>>65386466
>implying accessible=bad
>>
>>65386508
where do you think you are
>>
>>65386508
i never said this you fucking retard
i said that it's not really weird that music that is accessible is easier for people to like/give good reviews
>>
>>65384843
You're shitposting ITT.
You could argue easily it isn't in the top 50 of either genre, but those genres are so vast I wouldn't say that's a bad thing at all.
MPP is essential for MODERN pop and the evolution of modern psych, and I would personally place it in my top 100 pop albums.
>>
>>65387437
I'm not shit posting.
I didn't say it was bad, I just said it was not essential.
For modern psych pop standards? That's more reasonable, but that wasn't what the original poster was suggesting.
>>
>>65388134
When I hear "essential" I think of essential to any genre or time period of a style, not necessarily of a whole.
I would say MPP is essential post 2000s psych pop, so if one was getting into music I would consider it "essential".
Maybe we just have different definitions of essential, because if someone was looking at music as a whole MPP probably wouldn't be brought up.
>>
>>65388210
Fair enough. I was arguing for music, and later genres, as a whole (which was what the poster argued for before, since he didn't specify).
>>
>>65383713
Anco makes pretty music for pretty people.

Uglys will never understand
>>
>>65388607
except the band itself is ugly
>>
>>65388622
They do what they must
>>
>>65388622
>Panda
>Ugly
They're also old now
>>
>>65388622
and their fans are gross numales
>>
>>65388668
oh yeah except panda he's hella qt
>>
>>65386543
Except you did imply it.
>state MPP is one of their worst album
>anon points out that it's their most acclaimed
>hurr durr only because it's accessible for plebs
>>
>>65384576
It usually varies depending on who you ask. People like STGSTV and Strawberry Jam usually for their covered themes (often considered AnCo's feels-iest records that aren't actually Feels), Sung Tongs and Feels for their instrumentation/genre-bending songs, and MPP onwards for their density (although in AnCo's discog nothing comes close to MPP in terms of sound layers/polyrhythms imo). Given, my explanation is incredibly black-and-white as to why people like the albums, but that's mostly what I've gathered online. My personal favorites are MPP and STGSTV, but again, it varies based on who you ask. If you want to get more into what the majority of AnCo sounds like, the general consensus is to listen to Sung Tongs and/or Feels depending on whether you prefer folky tunes (ST) or rock-esque vibes (Feels). If you want more MPP stuff, I'd definitely recommend the Fall Be Kind EP as well as Panda Bear's album Person Pitch, and possibly Centipede Hz and Painting With if you want something more accessible/'normal', to say the least. Hope this helps!
>>
>>65383713
I maintain the opinion that this album is both shit and great
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.