[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm convinced there's no such thing as "authentic"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1464821049530.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1464821049530.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
I'm convinced there's no such thing as "authentic" weird in music that isnt forced or faked like grimes unless the person is legitimately autistic and doesn't know social norms.
>>
what do you consider weird?
>>
>>65383777
I dont know, stuff that seems a bit off but sincere in thinking that's fine?

Again stuff like grimes and Sia are forced weird that I don't see who the target audience even is
>>
>>65383959
you oughta branch out a little if grimes and sia are you go to examples of weird
>>
>>65384001
I said forced weird. stuff that is trying hard to be whacky but isn't
>>
what about disturbed
they're not trying to be embarrassing goofballs and yet their some of the biggest ones around
>>
>>65383575
How is weirdness more forced/fake than something else, such as a norm? Why is Grimes singing the way she sings more forced or fake than singing in what you might deem a "more conventional" way?

Isn't it authentic to try and create something that sounds interesting and novel?

Isn't it authentic to create something because you're trying to get babes? In a way, isn't that the most authentic thing of all?

Isn't anything authentic as long as the artist is doing exactly what they want to be doing?
>>
>>65384043
You literally started this thread by saying "authentic weird"
>>
>>65383575

No music is ever "faked", but the listeners perception of it can be I guess
>>
I make weird music because I want to.

I can do "normal" music, but with music as an art form I think you should aim to do something novel.
>>
1/10 bait made me reply

I just want to say that OP is obviously a troll because he mentions social norms while saying that a music can be "weird". Normal is also a social norm. "Weird" is simply an opinion and OP can suck my dick
>>
>>65384251
However, if someone is creating music for a reason other than music, the music will indeed be authentic in those other ways, but it would only be authentic musically in a detached or weak way.
>>
>>65383575
Are these flanders' hippy parents? Who he absolutely despises?
>>
>>65383575
i don't know about 'weird' but hip hop is the most authentic genre
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.