[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
opinions on the arctic monkeys?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: am_am_final_packshot.jpg (54 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
am_am_final_packshot.jpg
54 KB, 900x900
opinions on the arctic monkeys?
>>
>>65382655
My favorite electroswing band.
>>
bad
>>
i have no idea why 4chan shits over them. albums 1-4 were all really good and AM was just a departure from their past style, but still a strong pop record. popular =/= bad.
>>
>>65382692
because they were shilled by NME from day one and they're really generic
>>
>>65382714
NME cant stopping their cocks but again getting shilled by the biggest joke of a music organisation =/= bad. i understand a lot of criticisms of the band but generic isnt one of them.
>>
First two albums are good. That's it
>>
well Alex turner did show glimpses of good songwriting in his early work and Matt Helders is a strong drummer but apart from that they arnt much IMO.
>>
>>65382676

kek
>>
cringey northern vocalist, overall poorly written songs but the drummer does a good job considering what he has to work with
>>
They're a solid band

The first album is a classic, FWN outdoes Whatever People Say... in most aspects.

Humbug is a god-tier album. Suck It and See is the hardest to get in to, but this album (and Humbug) surpasses the first album in terms of musical quality.

AM is also very solid, but this is said with the bias of me putting this album on during nights out with friends and girls. There are missteps in the middle art of the album, but it gets lost on you the longer the night goes on.

inb4 the patricians of /mu/ educate me with their superior taste in music
>>
"Dude what if we like ripped off the Oasis aesthetic and then like sang really shitty music kinda like oasis but not good"

Fuck them.
>>
>>65383922
montie proving once again that he knows fuck all about music
>>
>>65382655
G U T L E S S
U
T
L
E
S
S
>>
>>65382655

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA, no.
>>
>>65383904
explain how it's a classic, and how humbug is god-tier
you're just throwing around empty words without giving us anything
>>
>>65382692
Their first two albums were 6.5 and 7.5/10, Humbug was 8.5/10, and the rest is under 5. People on this board just relentlessly shit on anything that isn't an 8.
>>
>>65383904
only good album they made was their first because it had the most personality and the best songs. They've been on a steady decline since.
>>
>>65383950
If you don't think that Arctic Monkeys goes for a Neo-britpop feeling than you are autistic
>>
they are good to namedrop to girls who think their music taste is god's gift to mankind
>>
>>65383904
"classic"
>>
Objectively bad
>>
Honestly I've only heard "Do I wanna Know" and it immediately gave me an awful perception. So yeah
>>
>>65382655
I always laugh when people say they got bad. They were shit from the start.

"Whatever People Say…" was so overrated by NME it's not even funny. Garage? More like garbage, seriously. Sounds like fucking ska/tango, with underage vocalist rapping his lyrics over music.

Ironically, they got better with their later recordings, and I actually liked Suck It and See. It was mostly rehashes of old music, and Turner was just playing Casablancas with his image at that point. But still they wrote actually cool tunes like Brick by Brick, Don't Sit Down Cause I Moved Your Chair. The rest was also up to par melodically and that's what matters to me most.

But their early career is just pretty boy band for underage girls to masturbate to.
>>
>>65382655
I think they are a cool band. Their music is really simple, their riff are easy but so, how can i say, cocky ? Tongue in cheek ? I'd say Favorite worst nightmare, Humbug and AM are worth a listen.

Shitting on Arctic Monkey is as popular as being a hardcore fan. Its a good band, but far from being the best. AM is a great record. Everyone who stayed awake all night, half-drunk, waiting for a text from the girl you likes, knows what its about.
>>
>>65383904
I've always felt like Suck It and See is the morning and AM is the evening. SIAS just reminds me of eating breakfast and birds chirping, no idea what
>>
>>65384278
But that track is from their only bad album. Listen to Favourite Worst Nightmare.
>>
>>65382655
It's meh, generic normie music.
>>
>>65382655
They used to be a good band until they released AM...
But people hate on them for the same reason they hate on Nirvana: because they are too popular. Saying that something popular is bad makes idiots feel like they're special.
>>
>>65384464

Suck It and See was my summer album. My friends and I drove around to this shit, only stopping at the end of the day
>>
>>65384434
Nobody here fucking goes out or interacts with girls, that's why they can't into Arctic Monkeys. Especially AM.
>>
I bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor remains my favorite song by them, I dont give a shit if I'm a pleb. AM was awful to me in the fact that everything seems slowed down, and live versions of said song I mentioned are also slowed down which is trash.
>>
>generic pseudo-indie
No.
>>
Saw them live after they released AM, good performers but it gets old quick. I still listen to I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor on the reg though
>>
>>65385815
>Nobody here fucking goes out or interacts with girls, that's why they can't into Arctic Monkeys. Especially AM.

W E W
E
W
>>
>>65385815
this
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.