[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i dont get this album and why everyone praises it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: mbdtf.jpg (190 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
mbdtf.jpg
190 KB, 1000x1000
other than from a production standpoint, it sounds mediocre to me except for Power
>>
>>65382594
listen to the rest of kanye's discog and other hip-hop to gain a context, then come back, it's a masterpiece.
>>
File: homepage_large.97064a06.jpg (86 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.97064a06.jpg
86 KB, 319x319
listen to this instead
>>
White people lol
>>
>>65382674
I thought most of kanye fans were white suburban teens
>>
>>65382669
I'll check it out, thanks
>>
>>65382700
on /mu/ yes cause /mu/ is entirely white suburban teens, kanye has tons of black fans
>>
>>65382594
>Sounds Mediocre except for power
How do you have such shit taste?
>>
>>65382594
Pitchfork
>>
>>65382863
wow i wouldnt ever think the person, /mu/, would ever not think whatever is contrary to pitchfork
>>
>>65382739
The majority are still white tho
>>
>>65382981
I don't get it, why is having more white fans bad in rap? Coming from a spic it's pretty silly, while I understand if someone's whole discog is white bait like J Cole but not someone like Kanye. Is it just because it isn't hood shit like Big L or The Game?
>>
>other than from a production standpoint

The production is what makes it stand out.
>>
>>65382594
The "MBDTF is masterpiece" is a meme, which is not to say it's bad; it's a solid 7.5-8 imo. Though there are some glaring problems with it (ex. that Chris Rock sketch at the end of Blame Game might be one of the most annoying things ever) but still good.
>>
>>65383096
The Chris Rock thing is amazing, if listened to Kanyes previous shit you would know he's known for his jokes and just being silly, just look at I Love Kanye. MBDTF is honestly the perfect Pop/Hip Hop album. People say Jay Z fucks it up with Monster but I think it's pretty funny.
>>
>>65383069
It's not me who has a problem with white kids listening to rap, so much as it is the rest of the rap community who almost treat it as some kind of insult. Anything "black" is good and "white" is bad.
>>
It's real middle of the road.

Kanye at his best but counterbalanced by a shit ton of useless / nothing features.

The mix is a massacre of otherwise nuanced and charming production fidelity throughout. Again, good beats everywhere that just get fucking slayed by the vox every time.

Fantano was right with the 6/10 on this one.

White people trick themselves into making it out to be something more than it is for whatever form of virtue signaling / poptimist irony what have you, but it's really not that good.
>>
>>65382649
desu if you have to listen to an entire artists discog to appreciate an album thats considered a "masterpiece" it probably isnt
>>
>>65383196
this
>>
>>65382594
>everyone praises it
literally who
>>
>>65383152
I have actually listened to Kanye's earlier work and I'm perfectly fine with him using humor and I like it too. However, the whole "Yeezy taught me" thing gets old and bland very fast imo
>>
>>65383192
Yeah, I think it's just typical black and white tension. Thank god my race has nothing to do with that.
>>65383195
>counterbalanced by a shit ton of useless / nothing features
Stopped reading there, he literally had two mediocre artists push out shit that competed with Raekwon and Jay Z. Legendary lyricist (even if Jay Z is iffy in Monster he makes it up with So Appalled) you're bugging dude.
>>65383217
Literally anyone who appreciates great pop/hip hop.
>>
Monster stands out.
>>
File: 1453348510514.jpg (11 KB, 305x325) Image search: [Google]
1453348510514.jpg
11 KB, 305x325
>>65383304
>delusional p4k drone dismissing arguments
>BREUGH YR BUGGIN' DUDE (rap term lol)
What a plot twist.
>>
File: 1464364800269.png (32 KB, 271x243) Image search: [Google]
1464364800269.png
32 KB, 271x243
>>65383485
>Bugging
>Rap term
Now I know why people use white people as an insult when it comes to Hip Hop
>>
>>65383574
The irony is you defending MBDTF, i.e. being the unapologetic token white boy / cuck.

That's how the quote function works.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.