[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/TBG/ - Tim Buckley General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
Let's talk about him, /mu/. What's your favorite album by the superior Buckley?
>>
honestly it's Greetings From L.A. for me
some of the GOAT funk on that record
>>
File: Starsailor.png (707 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Starsailor.png
707 KB, 640x640
I listened to Starsailor tonight. It's probably my favorite album by him, but I'd consider it tied with Happy Sad since they both have a completely different sound.
>>
>>65373235
1. Starsailor
2. Happy Sad
3. Lorca
GOAT singer/songwriter
>>
Lorca. I also really like Goodbye and Hello for Phantasmagoria in Two.
>>
>>65373235
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz8EoMOVHBM
best song
>>
>>65373235
Lorca is amazing. Probably the record of his that takes the most getting used to but is the most rewarding.
>>
File: 1435980940015s.jpg (2 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1435980940015s.jpg
2 KB, 125x125
>>65373255
>>
>>65373235
the ones before he started making drugged out trash
>>
>>65373618
Why does no one like that funk period from him? I think it's awesome, like it just feels natural and it sounds really good, I think it's underrated as hell
>>
>>65373255
contains one of my favorite TB songs (Sweet Surrender) but overall i don't think it's very good

Starsailor for me easily
>>
>>65373639
It's not my favorite, but I think people like to hate on it because it was such a departure from his more groundbreaking stuff.
>>
This is my favorite album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZDxmE1nFos

Happy Sad is the best real album, though. Sing a Song For You really makes it.
>>
Lorca is the only correct response.
>>
>>65373235
Blue Afternoon or Starsailor, probably Starsailor
>>
>tfw I look exactly like tim buckley, EXACTLY LIKE HIM, but no high-tenor minstrel voice
kill me
>>
>>65375418
Just be glad you have those type of looks, dude.
>>
I've only listened to the song Hallucinations, it is a brilliant, beautiful psychedelic song and I've been meaning to check him out some more. Any recs?
>>
>>65376314
I would start with Starsailor. Kinda experimental, kinda poppy, very psychedelic and smooth.
>>
>>65375418
I look exactly like him too, but I haven't got the voice either.
>>
>>65373384
Goodbye Hello is flawless, not a single wasted moment
>>
Goodbye and Hello is a damn solid 60s folk album; I'm surprised that it's not more prominent in discussions of the period.
>>
>>65376351
Cheers anon!
>>
>>65376392
The dude's highest charting album barely scratched the top 200. He didn't get much recognition during his lifetime, and I still think he's very underrated.
>>
>>65373301
Probably something like this.

I Had a Talk with My Woman off Lorca is fantastic though. Possibly my fav. Stairsailor seems to have more variance and surprises in it though, and there's more for me to grapple with. Really I'm happy to listen to any of these anyway.
>>
>>65376314
Listen to Goodbye and Hello then
Happy Sad. Stairsailor is a little more challenging and can take some getting used to.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.