[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
opinions on this album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
opinions on this album
>>
I like the intro melody of Atom Heart Mother
>>
side B only
>>
yeah
>>
>>65365940
are you crazy? side A is a masterpiece
>>
Side A is fucking great.
Side B is fucking great, except for Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast
>>
>>65366106
It just always seemed boring to me: orchestra for the sake of orchestra, doesn't go anywhere. Side B on the other hand has Summer 68, with that great verse-chorus shift. Also the solo during Fat Old Sun.
>>
>>65366258
But also crazy
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1357x969) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1357x969
>>65365797
I don't think the image of the cow was accidental, I know people who grow magic mushrooms from cow shit

roger waters also during the album had a facination with bodily fluids digestion stuff like that and there's a song called mind your throats and reemergence. He even did a soundtrack himself called 'music of the body'

roger waters also said he wrote the title theme to an 'imaginary western'. cousdentally the year the album came out 1970 Alejandro jordodky releases his acid western el topo. I don't know if pink Floyd ever saw that film for sure but jordodky admits to asking for their help for the soundtrack for his soon to be abandoned Dune film in 1973. he also says he was a big fan of the concepts of dark side of the moon

sonething else is that a perfectly visible atom heart mother vinyl was featured in a clock work orange in the scene where Alex is in the record store. Kubrick asked to use the suite in his film but pink Floyd said no, so it's interesting the album cover at least shows up.

one last thing this photo was taken but never used for when pink Floyd was promoting the Gini beer in Europe in 1974, and it oddly resembles this promotional image from el topo

Drop acid
>>
>>65365797
I saw gilmour play fat old sun in Chicago as for the album I give it a 7/10
>>
>>65365797
fav pink floyd album
>>65366108
>not liking the proto-ASMR song
>>
Fat Old Sun is a good song.
>>
One of my favourites, it really gets overlooked by most of the so called pink floyd "fans"
>>
It's great. The fact that the band hate's it pisses me off. It makes me Really mad actually, i can't understand why would a musician just act like one of their albums never existed
>>
>>65365797
Is this the one with Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast? I love that that song exists lol
>>
This album was the beginning of Pink Floyd's 8+/10 album streak of the 70's
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.