[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how come so many people on this board have such godawful taste
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
how come so many people on this board have such godawful taste in music?
>>
File: 91bd5fuwCOL._SL1500_.jpg (266 KB, 1500x1463) Image search: [Google]
91bd5fuwCOL._SL1500_.jpg
266 KB, 1500x1463
idk desu

currently listening to pic related, farting and sniffing my hand and basking in the glory of superior taste
>>
File: 1460855566943.jpg (679 KB, 1280x1498) Image search: [Google]
1460855566943.jpg
679 KB, 1280x1498
>>65356523
coz we have no entry fee, they should charge you 5$ a week if you post during the week that makes the quality posters and employed people stay but the underaged and angry welfare fags would have to leave. you know its the only solution to get taste in this bitch
>>
>>65356598
A fee is an ok idea but $5 a week if you post? That seems pretty steep. Like two weeks costs the same as a month of netflix? I don't think this is worth it even if you're weeding out all the shit-posters
>>
Because most """"""""""people""""""""" here are underage faggots that can't play any instrument.
>>
This board is about appearances and cool

People listen to the surface level of everything required to seem cool and don't dig any deeper. Few have a deep understanding of even one genre, yet alone more
>>
weed
>>
>>65356992
pretty much this. it's more about consumption than appreciation. that's why "essentials" charts have upwards of 70 entires on them with no context beyond title and album cover
>>
it's gotten really fuckin bad the past couple years
>>
>>65356598
That would only keep out poor people and that is no indication of music taste. Plenty of rich people would be willing to pay that and still have shit taste
>>
>>65356598
Wealth = Music Taste

??????
>>
>>65356523
it's a side effect of zippywater
>>
>>65356598
you sound like you want Something Awful, which is funny, all things considered.
>>
Am I one of the cool kids yet pls I will pretend to only listen to whatever it is you guys like let me fit in pls
>>
>>65357425
/mu/ is like 90% pop right now... There are occasional ''successful'' jazz and prog threads, but sadly that's about it...
>>
I think part of it is due to the escalation of internet culture wars. Groups like gamergate, boards like pol, sites like voat. They tend to listen to a very narrow canon of popular indie, (usually made by white guys, with some exceptions). They're also very young, which makes them arrogant and combative. Any time we try to have a thread on anything that isn't 100% their viewpoint they freak out. We couldn't even have a thread about Vektroid without people screaming and calling her a man. If you are unwilling to listen to music made by people who are different from yourself, you're going to end up with a narrow taste.
>>
>>65356523
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E66dVx9LbrA&feature=youtu.be
>>
people's taste widely vary. You are just a prick about that fact.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.