[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we talk about Pat The Bunny? Favourite band/project? Favourite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: pat_the_bunny_.jpg (666 KB, 800x540) Image search: [Google]
pat_the_bunny_.jpg
666 KB, 800x540
Can we talk about Pat The Bunny?
Favourite band/project? Favourite tracks? Ever seen him live? Is he really gone for good? Hyped for the last Ramshackle album?
>>
he's wingnut dishwashers union too right?
>>
No folk punk fans at all?
>>
I love the shit out of Ramshackle. Live the Dream was my life in like 2012.
Anyone else gonna be at PIX for his last show ever?
>>
>>65356742
Man, I wish, I don't think he's ever been to the UK, or ever will.
>>
My favorite was hands down wingnut dishwashers union, then johnny hobo, then is solo albums because his split with ceschi and cocoon music(both of which are horrible), then ramshackle glory, then that shitty rap group playtime posse. His split with ceschi and cocoon music make me glade he is quitting folk punk in a way. His heart is clearly not it anymore, he's tapped dry for now.
Met him a couple times in la and san diego respectively. He got really uncomfortable the first time because I fanboyed hardcore.
He's really good, but I can't listen to him anymore.
>>
>>65357299
I actually liked the Ceschi split..

Want to tell us more about meeting him and making him uncomfortable? That sounds like a great story
>>
>>65356646
we all grew out of it when we turned 18 lmao
>>
>>65355976
the one johnny hobo album is totally phenomenal
WHO NEEDS FRIENDSSSSSSSSSSS
NOT ME
>>
>>65358408
WHO NEEDS DRUGSS
>>
>>65358464
ME
>>
>>65358408
such a masterpiece, too bad he's not a junkie anymore so we will never get any new content
>>
File: fuckin bitch.gif (437 KB, 250x152) Image search: [Google]
fuckin bitch.gif
437 KB, 250x152
>>65355976
>be me
>tell my friends to check out Johnny Hobo
>they listen to "New Mexico Song" for like 10 seconds
>"all it is is just yelling, anon"
>>
>be young and johnny hobo just ended
>spend the time in touch with pat the bunny or a variety of bands who were inspires by him
>literally meet bob dylan one on one
>too folk punk to pay attention
>'dylan you fine, ever meet pat the bunny?'
>pass out
Hopefully it was a dream
>>
>>65359022
hell be fine
>>
>>65359052
I swear to god, dylan dies and meme magic becomes too much for me
>>
>>65359489
hell be fine
>>
The live Wingnut Dishwashers Union album was my first exposure to folk punk and it was so inspiring that for a couple weeks, lil ole teenage Dick Rider, wanted to be in a folk punk band. If I ever do my own version of Unearthed I'm covering one of Wingnuts songs
>>
Been listening since JH. Acid Song was the first song I ever heard, and it was thanks to this video right here. It was around the time I started taking acid myself, so it really resonated with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1lUTBUgrKo

Watched him grow up through Wingnut, through rehab, and I couldn't believe it when they announced Ramshackle Glory. I drove 16 straight hours round trip to see them on their first tour and cried on his shoulder. It was a shitty house show, and they played for barely an hour, but it was absolutely worth it and one of my fondest memories.

Live the Dream is my all time favorite album. My signed copy hasn't left my car since I got it. "So maybe god isn't the right word, but I believe in you" is my all time favorite quote and one of the only things I've ever considered tattooing on my body.

I teared up when I read his last letter as Pat the Bunny. That fact that he signed it "Pat (no bunny, at last)" still kills me to this day. I genuinely love everything hes ever done, even the stuff thats objectively bad. I don't care. It all means the world to me. I even love the stuff his brother does, esp Baby Steps.

I remember the first time I heard "End of the World" hidden at the end of the vinyl of Probably Nothing, Possibly Everything. My friend got it when it came out and we'd listened to it several times, but left it running once while we talked. We were baffled when we heard it, but we loved every second. If you're unfamiliar, here is the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efBhOX-JWpI

Also, if you haven't heard Big Swamp Gospel, I highly recommend it. Its a concept album about a swamp town called Moss Bluff, a preacher, and a son who returns home to bury his father. If Pat does keep making music, I hope its more of this.

https://savagewasteland.bandcamp.com/album/big-swamp-gospel

tldr: I love Pat the Bunny. Check out his brother (Michael Jordan Touchdown Pass) and Big Swamp Gospel.
>>
>>65359854
oh yeah, and i'm currently working on a cover album with my friends entitled "Pat the Bunny ...is dead!" in reference to the Johnny Hobo...is dead album. Fun stuff.
>>
>>65359854
cringe

this post makes me glad that i grew out of pat's music a year ago
>>
>>65360015
good.

its just all incredibly sentimental for me. too much shit happened in my life in that time frame. the biggest event though was losing my step father and taking care of my mother.

ive also had too many friends die, almost die, or fuck their life up because of opiates. its all just too fucking close to home.

its not the only music i listen too, not by far. I dont really listen to much anti-folk at all anymore. but its is the baseline for me. pats shit is just the kind of stuff i can put on that will always make me feel better.

i dont actually care if you understand -- this is more an outlet for me than anything. feels good to talk about it.
>>
>>65359854
>>65359927
That's really nice, man. It's cool his music touched you in such a profound way.

>>65360015
This guy's just a dick though.
>>
johnny hobo is good

i hate hippies and communism and most liberals but pat is a smart guy i enjoy his music and self reliant ideas

dont call him folkpunk cuz that is an awful genre he's just pat the bunny

the second ramshackle glory album sucks so does cocoon music everything else is great though

my favorites are ceschi split all of johnny hobo and live the dream
>>
File: a0632031824_10[1].jpg (488 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
a0632031824_10[1].jpg
488 KB, 1200x1200
>>65360212

The mixing is awful and even Pat thinks he went too far with some of it, but I still love it, especially the cover. The noisy, dissonant interludes/transitions honestly make the entire album for me. I wish they did more of it. Also its apparent that Pat is a big fan of Club Hits because hes covered it at least twice now.
>>
>>65360407
This is probably the only thing he's done that I just couldn't get into. I've given it a few chances and it just doesn't do it for me.
>>
Take showers.
Get jobs.
>>
>>65360449
That's probably the title of the last Ramshackle album.
>>
File: 1455220824374.jpg (23 KB, 170x213) Image search: [Google]
1455220824374.jpg
23 KB, 170x213
>>65360449

>implying i dont have one
>implying any gives a fuck about your tripfaggotry
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.