[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /mu/ care about how much effort goes into making music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: download (1).jpg (78 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
78 KB, 900x900
Does /mu/ care about how much effort goes into making music and the following of certain genres?
Or do you just listen to the music if you like it and ignore all else?
>>
I listen to music
>>
>>65355436
Same
>>
>>65355408
What are you implying with that pic OP?
>>
>>65355503
You know damn well what i'm implying anon
Slow down track, add reverb and call it a done job
>>
>>65355408
I would probably think there's a correlation between effort and quality, at least within a genre.

However, effort has no bearing on quality. Quality should be viewed independently of effort
>>
>>65355408
I listen to music if I like it.

But if no effort has gone into it there's probably a lower chance it will be any good.

It's a common misconception that no effort will have gone into making Floral Shoppe. It might not have taken much technical skill to make, but it will clearly have had effort put into it, hence why no one's really topped it in it's field since.
>>
File: Memecorp.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Memecorp.jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
>>65355408
>I-It was just a prank b-bro, my other work is m-much better

Why is Vektroid so delusional?
>>
>>65355408
>Or do you just listen to the music if you like it and ignore all else?
this is my answer, this one right here.
>>
>>65355667
where did she imply this?
>>
I guess someone could be awe-struck by the realization that what they're listening to is the culmination of an incredible amount of work, and this could certainly be part of its' greatness. However, something can be missing a component of greatness (e.g. effort, form/coherence, great counterpoint/melodies/textures, lyrics, etc.) and still be great. Likewise, something can be great in a number of ways and still be missing that crucial ingredient of originality (which is different than innovation, of course). The greatest thing of all would of course be great in every conceivable way. I'm of the opinion that if something is wholly great but lacking originality, then at best it's a 7 out of 10.

Following genres often means that you are not an explorer, but I think that most music listeners have a "home" aesthetic that is more in line with their personal aesthetic ideals. Not being an explorer of music makes you a lesser aesthete, but being an explorer doesn't really matter to some people.
>>
>>65357160
I'd lastly like to add that something can be original yet missing every other component of greatness, and in this scenario, the art is still a great work that should be listened to by any serious aesthete, but it is deficient, and this detracts from its' true greatness.
>>
>>65355408
NOPE

I would care less, if someone randomized every single sample of a song and it came with an masterpiece
>>
If you're a producer, you most likely will. If you're not, you most likely won't.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.