[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEW NICK CAVE COMING SEPTEMBER
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
WILL THIS BE HIS BEST WORK YET?
BECAUSE OF HIS SON (RIP)
>>
I hope so. His recent albums were quite directionless and redundant. This has a potential to be the real thing.
>>
>one more time with feeling
;-;
>>
File: 960.jpg (39 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
39 KB, 960x540
>>65354755
>Cave told Q magazine June 2008 that he needed to "experience the disaster to complete the work." He added: "I'll do anything to get a good song. Even be involved in a disastrous relationship. Love dies. What remains is the art. I can look back at my songs and piece my life together. I have songs waiting now for the catastrophic element to manifest itself."
>I'll do anything to get a good song
>anything
>>
>>65355093
Lol absolute mad man
>>
>>65354893
Push The Sky Away was really interesting, some of his best songs in years (Higgs Boson Blues my man)
>>
I'm gonna watch that movie and there's going to be a part where he finds out his son is dead and I'll just lose it
>>
File: jasonface.jpg (14 KB, 134x152) Image search: [Google]
jasonface.jpg
14 KB, 134x152
>>65355325
holy shit
>>
>>65355093
So he killed his son.
>>
>>65354755
If you read he started writing a lot of this in 2014, his son died about a year ago if i remember correctly, so maybe it won't be that heavily influenced because it was mostly written ahead of time?

but there's also >>65355093
too
>>
>>65355401
I think it influenced some songsq and the vibe of the album, after all some on Boatman's were written before he broke with PJ Harvey
>>
>>65355460
I didn't know that. Thanks, anon! I'm hoping this release will be absolutely crushing. It looks like it will be.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.