[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I understand here spotify is frowned upon. Why is that? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Camel-Mirage.jpg (65 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Camel-Mirage.jpg
65 KB, 300x300
So, I understand here spotify is frowned upon.
Why is that? I've been usind the 0.99x 3 months premium offer for a couple of weeks, and I've discovered quite a lot of intersting bands I've never even heard before. What are /mu/'s alternatives? Not Applel music, I guess.
I like spotify's recommendation section (which is similar to apple music's one), it really helps finding related artists, and the database is really wide.
Pic related, found about them thanks to a playlist.
>>
>>65353862
What bothers me is the shitty sound quality. If that doesn't bother you then I see no issue with it. /mu/ probably just hates it cause it's popular with plebs.
>>
I like Spotify. They have a lot of stuff, I rarely have to download anything anymore, unless I want to listen to something really obscure.
Without premium it's unusable though.
>>
Because people here don't want to pay 10/month for music.
>>
>>65353988
Yeah, the free version is a real pain.
>random song play
>no possibility to download
>partial playable playlists, albums, radios
I guess it's the price that upsets /mu/ the most, I guess, like>>65354002 says. In fact I'm trying to discover as many stuff as I ca, transfer the library to applel music (3 months free premium there, too), and then I'll see.
>>
>>65353889
320 is fine for most people, even here although people will mad dog it they still use it.

Google Play Music is another alternative. on mobile it doesn't conserve data like Spotify and tries to "learn" which ends up going like shit. and there's no desktop client.
>>
>>65353862
Part of it is the limited selection as well, there's plenty of stuff I would never have heard if I only used spotify
>>
>>65354974
Would you recommend any alternatives, aside from jewtube?
>>
it allows you to both discover and listen to new music at the same time, while scrobbling.
methinks it's godsend.
>>
>>65354002
Or can't. :^)
>>
File: Camel - Camel.jpg (216 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
Camel - Camel.jpg
216 KB, 500x492
I was hoping this thread would be about Camel. I like Camel.
>>
>>65354626
320 is only for subscribers though
Free users get 160
>>
>>65355546
I loved them the moment I first heard a song of theirs. Pic related is my favourite, looped 5/6 times for it's beautiful
>>
>>65353862
What account and a seedbox and every streaming service can fuck off
>>
>>65355437
Listen, you do what you have to as a cup noodle-tier student
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.