[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /mu/ hate when people listen to /mu/core?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: tumblr_nsx6sgGNwP1udwanoo1_400.jpg (5 KB, 252x161) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsx6sgGNwP1udwanoo1_400.jpg
5 KB, 252x161
You see the irony in this right?
/mu/ constantly chastises people who listen to music that is revered by this board, ON THIS FUCKING BOARD.

So its like, yes /mu/ generally thinks that [Insert popular album here] is a good album, but if you listen to it, you're a /mu/core faggot with no taste of your own.

Explain this??
>>
most people here have very few things going for themselves irl so to be able to feel superior to anyone, no matter the pettiness of what it is, gives their life a bit more meaning and a feeling of uniqueness.
>>
>tumblr filename of an old pepe meme
you've already given me all the information I need to know, leave now
>>
>>65353171
well well well we got a psychoanalyst in the crowd
>>
>>65353193
nah I just pulled that out of my ass lol
>>
>>65353171
this is what I do, no joke

>>65353188
shut up fag
>>
File: links laughing.jpg (16 KB, 300x411) Image search: [Google]
links laughing.jpg
16 KB, 300x411
because it means you're le entry-level and that makes me better than you on a north korean shitposting factory
>>
i think a lot of people for whatever reason seem to think that someone who says they listen to /mu/core only listens to /mu/core and nothing else, and disregard them as tasteless drones
it's that or >>65353171 and either way it's petty, wrong, and immature
>>
File: image.jpg (203 KB, 1225x816) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
203 KB, 1225x816
Listening to /mu/-core is not a problem.

Claiming that any /mu/-core albums are your favorite and most-listened to stuff, THAT'S autism
>>
most people don't really
>>
>>65353267
None of the classic /mu/core albums are good as favorite albums though, besides maybe Spiderland and Loveless.
>>
>>65353125
you made a mistake. its when they post about it, not listen to it.
>>
I prefer the irony of people hating on r3ddit for being closed-minded and listening to the same albums all the time but do the same thing here with a different bunch of limited albums.
>>
>>65353252
For sure, I get this. Like a lack of exploration isn't a good thing.

>>65353267
OK, so let's say theoretically someone has listened to all the music in the world. If OK Computer is their favorite album, they're autistic? This is the exact logic that I'm talking about being nonsensical.
>>
>>65353125
I just think it's a shame when people don't venture outside of /mu/-core too. I love most of the /mu/-core albums, but we've all been talking about them for years, and there are other things we find more interesting. Like do we really need to talk about how great Hospice is again?
>>
File: image.jpg (227 KB, 703x789) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
227 KB, 703x789
>>65353293
What you described is perfectly fine. I'm talking more about the people that listen to core and never expand or discover new stuff, settling for whatever's the most memed here
>>
L U R K M O A R

One of the most important 4chan memes sadly forgotten.

Okay great, listen to /mu/core, good for you, enjoy it but seriously shut the fuck up about it, there is no reason to spam it daily or only listen to it, there is a fucking HUGE world of music out there.
>>
>>65353267
all the new guys go though a phase of going though all the /mu/-core albums and naturally because they're better than all the mainstream shit they've heard they do end up being their fav albums for a while, until they learn to start discovering new music for themselves and figuring out what they actually like after realising there are artists beyond what you might hear on the radio
>>
>>65353293
No but if you've only listened to the essentials and spam OK Computer as the best ever, listen to more fucking music.
>>
>>65353328
yah I agree on that one. Seems to be what most people are saying ITT.

>>65353340
But the people who really talk about /mu/core the most are the ones shitting on it. And yes I made a whole thread about it.
>>
>>65353340
this
people have to stop spamming this board with shitty threads and lurk moar before posting
>>
>>65353125
Music culture is shit, especially online.
>>
If you don't say /mu/core is your favorite shit then you get told you have bad taste. There's no winning on this or any music forum, so you might as well not be too upset. I would advise making sure you're not listening to it just to conform though.
>>
>hating on /mu/core

Edgy contrarians need to fuck off back to tumblr.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.