[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Potential Masterpieces in Plain Sight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6
File: Campfire_Songs_(Front_Cover).png (68 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
Campfire_Songs_(Front_Cover).png
68 KB, 220x220
Albums that you think, in an alternate universe, or maybe just years down the road, could be hailed as amazing and essential, but instead they're just loved by some, maybe hated by some, and ignored by most, but not generally too obscure.
>>
>>65349993
>muh strummy strums
it's perfectly adequately rated
>>
File: 61VL0wrA-oL.jpg (66 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
61VL0wrA-oL.jpg
66 KB, 500x500
I've always thought Major Organ's s/t was really great, but it got mixed-poor reviews

>>65349993
AnCo's true masterpiece, a personal 10/10 for me

>>65350018
Then post what you think
>>
>>65350018
>muh muh
it's much better than it gets credit for, and in fact it's probably the most artistically mature thing they ever put out
>>
>>65349993
It's nice, but they did make it a few years down the road into something essential. I really like de soto de sun, specifically the main sections at the beginning and the end. As it is, it's too inconsistent, some of the improvising falls apart, the productions suffocates some of the vividness of the composition.
>>
Dialoghi del Presente. A miracle of the universe.
>>
File: undun.jpg (178 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
undun.jpg
178 KB, 500x500
>>65349993
Better than Kendrick Lamar, but highly underrated.
>>
File: andtheglasshandedkitesthumb.jpg (19 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
andtheglasshandedkitesthumb.jpg
19 KB, 250x250
This would be considered the best rock album of the 2000s
>>
File: TotemOne.jpg (114 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
TotemOne.jpg
114 KB, 500x500
If something like "cult folk/rock" or "cult psychedelia" or something weird like that ever becomes a term, this album and it's sequels will be held as masterpieces.

Listen to them, they're 10/10
>>
File: back the fuck off..png (7 KB, 491x125) Image search: [Google]
back the fuck off..png
7 KB, 491x125
>>65350055
>then post what you think
uh, i already did?
>>
>>65350451
I meant for you to post an album that you think fits op's description
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.