[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled what do we think of this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 620x620
Now that the dust has settled what do we think of this?
>>
pretty good
>>
FUCKING ELECTROSWING

>16 YEARS
>>
That DOOM feature tho
>>
hated SILY, friggin love this.
>>
>>65347345
nothing, the album isnt out yet anon
>>
>>65347345
THE DUST HAS NOT EVEN BEEN KICKED UP YET. IT RELEASES IN A MONTH
>>
>>65347416
Faggot
>>
>>65347416
>hated SILY

KILL

yourself
>>
Awful
>>
Love the new Caravan Palace single
>>
>16 year wait for electro swing and a shitty danny brown verse

I'm so fucking disappointed in this shit.
>>
File: meme.png (20 KB, 541x418) Image search: [Google]
meme.png
20 KB, 541x418
>>65347370
>>65347519
Nice try Marcel
>>
Painfully bad.

>Barely any samples
>No lushness
>No beauty
>A meme feature just for the sake of hype
>Main sample is obnoxious
>Electroswing
>>
>>65347345
Super excited that they seem to be going with a mix of SILY and El Producto
>>
>>65347548
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0bon3jVV7h1
i agree the song could have used more samples
but subways holy fuck you wanna talk about lushness and beauty
>>
So you guys are gonna defend a universally reviled genre, electroswing, for the sake of the hype and narrative?

Okay. If they put out a fucking crunkcore song, would you pretend it's good too?
>>
File: 1442978969168.jpg (46 KB, 600x591) Image search: [Google]
1442978969168.jpg
46 KB, 600x591
>muh electroswing reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>65347685
they could have released literally anything and i'd have deluded myself into liking it so as not to lose the hype. but that's not relevant anymore because it's here and it's great.
>>
>>65347345
Disappointed

16 years for this, and its not superb. They waited way too long. Its painfully mediocre.

I think we can all agree that this would have been the weakest track off of Since I left you if it was on the album.
>>
>ugh electroswing

FUCK YOU ELECTROSWING IS FUCKING BAAAAACK
>>
>>65347486
SILY is overrated shit. The only decent song is Frontier Psychiatrist and Live at Dominoes
>>
>>65349842
It's overrated but we both know it had more than just two decent songs. How can you not like Electricity?
>>
>>65347345
On itunes it says it's the "extended mix" ... does this mean the regular version won't have the rapping and will be good :( ?
>>
>>65349197
>not liking electro-swing
>writing off entire genres

Hello Rddit!
>>
To everyone crying electroswing I want to point out that the rhythm isn't swung.
>>
>>65349905
no im pretty sure it just ends shortly after Dooms verse
>>
>>65350081
this, there's nothing fucking swing about it
>>
File: plebeian.jpg (17 KB, 398x307) Image search: [Google]
plebeian.jpg
17 KB, 398x307
>>65347416
how can one person be so wrong?
>>
I feel most people are disappointed not because it's necessarily "bad" but because their expectations were far too high.

I went in not knowing at all what to expect of the sound, the structure, the features and I was thoroughly happy with it.
>>
>tfw filtered all the Avalanches threads
>>
>>65350640
Pretty much. I did enjoy the song but I really hated the main vocal section (Frankie you cant sing calypso). If it didn't have that, it would be great.
>>
>>65350658
Besides, I think the whole internet era of judging things like this is so fucking critical and stupid beyond belief. It's one single damn track and the album hasn't even been released yet. We have no idea what it'll sound like within the context of the entire thing. Maybe I'm biased because I enjoyed it who knows.
>>
>>65350678
I'm not saying I hate the album, I just didn't like this one song for just one reason. I'm kind of hype for the album to be honest.
>>
>>65350711
Maybe the track will grow on you who knows. I wasn't having a dig at you. More the people who blindly just shit on anything and everything with no argument to back it up
>>
>>65350640
>people's expectations for Painting With were too high, that's why they hate it!
>people's expectations for Bottomless Pit were too high, that's why they hate it!
>people's expectations for Coloring Book were too high, that's why they hate it!
it's just an awful track dude
>>
I think it's good. It could have used less of the main vocal line, but the verses are solid. Danny Brown and Doom both deliver. I have a feeling it's going to work really well with the whole album.

Obviously there will be a lot of different styles on the album considering all the features so people need to calm down before writing it all off because they don't like this song.
>>
>>65350740
The music got me immediately but that vocal loop is just too awful for me to get past.
>>
>>65347345
I really wanted to like this but it doesn't work :(. Danny Brown's vocals seem so out of place to me, and even as a massive DOOM fan I didn't love him on this. Weak shit t b h f a m.
>>
So, this album won't be like SILY where it's completely made up of samples?
>>
>>65351009
SILY was samples and live instruments.
>>
fucking fantastic. not getting the "muh electroswing" hate.
>>
>>65347345
It was decent. Of /mu/ is overreacting and losing its shit and is gonna start trashing on the avalanches carrier MUH GRATIFICATION
>>
It isn't fucking electro swing
>>
>>65351228
it definitely isn't
/mu/ shows off its retardation once again
>>
I have never listened to the original album and the new song sucks.
>>
It doesn't have the depth that SILY, has not even close. It's flat. It's the differ nice between a sketch and a surrealist painting.
Plus so many EDM artists have done this kind of song, The Avalanches were pioneers. Now they are following old trends. This just sounds like average.
>>
New song sucks tbqphf, cool album cover tho
>>
>>65351374

O N E S O N G
N
E

S
O
N
G
>>
>>65351374
its ONE SONG
>>
that sound of music sample works so perfectly
>>
>>65351374
>Now they are following old trends.

You mean like the pop/disco/hip-hop crossover they did 16 years ago?
>>
Did people forget that A. Songs sometimes might work better in the context of the album and B. Singles are usually for radio exposure so they put the most radio friendly track out, plus Subway sounded great
>>
>>65351374
Nigga it's literally one fucking song. Calm down.
>>
>>65351374
Yeah, this kind of track would have been a 20 second interlude on SILY
>>
Not sure about the main sample. Sounds like they got a Chuckle brother to feature.
>>
>>65350081
The main problem with electroswing is that the rhythm isn't swung. They sample swing music and put a house beat on it and it's gimmicky as fuck
>>
>>65349871
or close to you. or radio. or 2 hearts. or anything besides avalanche rock
>>
>>65347345
Song didn't really do it for me, but I'm hoping it'll work better in the context of the album, but it's also got me worried about all the guest artists who've been listed. It's telling that the best parts of the song were the instrumentals.
>>
Can you really expect the band to hold up its genius and charm after 16 years? What were you expecting, after all the main musical genius darren that made SILY what it is for the most part left the band 2 years ago. Im sure his touch will still be on the album though. As well, they released this single because it probably has an appealing sound to more people who werent fans to begin with
>>
>>65347345
It's okay but this better be the worst song off the album. I was really surprised when I heard DOOM.
>>
>>65347345
Not bad
>>
I'm mostly annoyed by the rapping being mixed so low, I could barely hear what they were saying.
>>
>>65347345
>Burn the Witch gets released
>/mu/ says AMSP would be boring because it wasn't so exciting
>the album's released
>it was the mediocre song on the album
>/mu/ would not stop shitposting over how "good it was"
predictable cycle, now just wait for the album to be released
protip: it'll probably have dub and rocksteady influences
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-06-02 02.05.22.png (425 KB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-06-02 02.05.22.png
425 KB, 2880x1800
>>65347618
lol that's a remake of the track that I made
>>
>>65351855
It sounds way better on spotify than on the video clip
>>
>>65351738
But they finished the album way before he left
>>
>>65352053
Still way too low imo, just a poor mix.
>>
>>65351663
Avalanche Rock is my fav other than Electricity and Frontier Psychiatrist
>>
>mixing grime & electroswing
eww
>>
The problem is that The Avalanches are not a "singles" type of band. They needed a standalone song to build the hype for the album. I'm sure this song will fit in with the flow of the album.

That being said, I love this song and don't get the hate.
>>
>>65352391
literally neither of those genres are in this song

it's just a hip hop track with a polka beat and calypso samples. alternative hip hop if you have to label it
>>
Also people saying there's only "one sample" really need to listen to this shit in headphones and pay attention to all the wacky shit going on.
>>
Does anyone hear a sample that sounds kind of like Mr. Kite right before the My Favorite Things sample? I'm assuming it isn't because The Beatles are nuts about copyright, but it sounds a lot like it to me.
>>
>>65347618
what song is this?
>>
>>65352420
it's pretty much this with some bars over it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1Rs6l7tTlk
>>
>>65350759

But PW and BP were actually good.
>>
>>65352915
except that song is actually catchy in a good way
>>
>>65352959
yeah, it's good because it's an instrumental
>>
I found the track okay at best, but is /mu/ seriously offended by this?
>>
Thank god this is a fucking bonus track
>>
I love Danny Brown and really like MF DOOM, but Jesus Christ, they had terrible verses over this terrible electro swing trash beat
>>
>>65353011
It's not, learn how to read
>>
>>65353027
This is the mixed version and the mixed version is a bonus track on the pre order page
>>
File: comedy.jpg (46 KB, 658x658) Image search: [Google]
comedy.jpg
46 KB, 658x658
>>
I'm actually in disbelief that they came back with an electroswing track
>>
electroswing....really, and some of you faggits are defending this
>>
>>65353662
same. this must be a joke, right?
>>
I already had my doubts when they released this track in 2013.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a5pL1mK_dE
>>
As a Danny Brown track it's fine, as The Avalanches' comeback single it's disappointing, but my guess is that they put it out first because Frontier Psychiatrist was the big hit off the last one and this is the only thing on the new one that matches a similar level of goofy. Though this track is no Frontier Psychiatrist it's evidentally not even this long on the album, I still think the whole albun could be great.
>>
im hype to see this in the context of the album. debating on preordering the newbury comic pressing.
>>
The Avalanches had a hard time picking singles for SILY because they thought they didn't sound as good outside the context of the album. Could also be the case here, maybe ths rest of the album is too cohesive and inseparable and this was just the best standalone pop track.
>>
After a few more listens I think I'm coming round to it.

I don't like how low the vocals are, nor am I particularly keen on the polka beat. The bit towards the end where it starts feeling like Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite is great, and Danny is pretty good too.

The music from the trailer still has me excited for the album overall though. I guess I just needed to temper my expectations.
>>
You can't defend this shit. It's mediocre as fuck, B-list electronic producers have been doing the same thing better for years.
>>
>>65352952
I think your expectations for everything are just really low, my man.
>>
ELECTRO SWING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHAT THE FUCK
>>
This thread reeks of "I-It's just a beta!!"
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 640x389) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 640x389
Tracklist looks nice and long too
>>
>>65352460
Yeah, that's why I loved SILY! All the wacky shit xD
>>
>>65352915
thanks for this, this is dope
>>
That 21 Pilots song sounds better than this shit. Not even memeing.
>>
>>65354363
>Biz Markie chomping over a Beatles sample
Oh great, that really gives me hope.
>>
that's actually great
>>
>>65354363
>calypso-klezmer
come on... it's electro-swing
>>
>>65355959
Calypso-lkezmer is actually a more accurate description.
>>
>>65351855
I think this is because the Avalanches use vocals very percusively and atmospherically. That's probably why they chose to put Danny Brown and DOOM on the track, because they have unique styles and sounds
>>
https://soundcloud.com/user-397951208/the-avalanches-teaser-track-subway
This is the "Subways" track teaser that you can get by dialing a hotline.
>>
>>65356706
>https://soundcloud.com/user-397951208/the-avalanches-teaser-track-subway
yep this is great
>>
>All this electro swing morning
Enough.
>>
>>65347345

JUST

ASHAAHSOASKAHASUAHASIAJASIAJAHHAAHAHAAHASHADHAHAAAHAAHHAHAHAHAHA....ASHADUAHSUAEHAUDASHS
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.