[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can i get some good recs on albums to listen to during addiction/mental
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_nrg1prOzJk1r14178o1_400.jpg (26 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrg1prOzJk1r14178o1_400.jpg
26 KB, 320x320
can i get some good recs on albums to listen to during addiction/mental illness
>>
>>65343581
Codeine - Frigid Stars
>>
>>65343581
Bright Eyes - I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning
>>
Taylor Swift - 1989
>>
Someone left a CD of Aenima by Tool over at my apartment when I was I doing a lot of meth and well into amphetamine psychosis and it really really fucked with me, like going to the library and looking at nuerology books and looking at bible passages to ty and figure out what 46 and 2 was about and shit. After I came down from that binge I promised myself I would never ever stay up more than 3 days in a row ever again, and I've kept that promise. Actually I basically stopped doing meth except for very rarely (usually just to bang all night) since then

here's my hands down favorite addiction song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3bfqlTCHZk
well actally I prefer the Donovan cover, it's more harrowing but I can't seem to find it
>>
>>65343854

thankfully never got to into stims. shot up crack for a good two months but i was using on top of a heavy benzo habit at the time so it worked itself out (in that i didn't die & got to sleep). did have a week long speed binge once, got to the point of feeling very sober but being completely psychotic. found myself in a bar, walking up to random tables, sitting down, yelling the phrase "are you having a good night, I am" & then getting up & finding another table.

this song is fucking sick by the way.
>>
>>65343581
All of Elliott Smith's records.
>>
>>65343581
also anything by Townes van Zandt.
>>
Pink Moon
>>
if this is a feels request thread then could somebody recommend music for when you have heart burn from drinking too much the night before, while also feeling guilty about having possibly tresspassed into the laborer's shack in search of mexican beer (i'm not sure this actually happened but i spent a large portion of the last night wandering the countryside drunk, and i know i was in the laborers yard at one point)
>>
>>65343775
this
>>
>>65343581
every good album ever?

you don't want recs... you want to talk

spill it, man
>>
File: electro-shock blues.jpg (118 KB, 945x945) Image search: [Google]
electro-shock blues.jpg
118 KB, 945x945
Electro-Shock Blues by Eels is an amazing album about those things but I don't know if it's actually good to listen to while going through them.
Well maybe, since there's a great balance of nice, happy sounding songs and really feely, depressing tracks, and everything in between.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12lFn_wLiHw
>>
>>65344116

man have i been there. i find him sometimes too direct. niandra ladies and usually just a t shirt is up my alley.

>>65344404

spilt plenty, i've had therapists they can do nothing for me and friends who dont respond to my messages. take it as it comes i do because how else to take it?
>>
>>65345723

*tell me
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.