[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What sparked your journey to becoming patrician, /mu/? >tfw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: bew wew.jpg (97 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
bew wew.jpg
97 KB, 640x640
What sparked your journey to becoming patrician, /mu/?

>tfw when I was 14 one of my best friends in high school tried as hard as he could to get me into more music past Linkin Park and Utada Hikaru (all I listened to at the time)

>tfw he showed me Lou Reed and I thought it was boring

>tfw he showed me My Bloody Valentine and I thought it was boring

>tfw he showed me Can and I thought it was boring

>tfw he showed me Tokyo Police Club and I actually really liked it
>started to revisit the other music he showed me and found that I really liked it and started asking him for more recs
>got into anco and frank zappa as a result and started learning how to explore genres on my own

>tfw many days after school my mom would get mad at me because I stayed out late browsing vinyl shops with him and discovering new tunes

>tfw this friend died in a car crash during our junior year of high school and I never got to express how thankful I was about him opening my ears to so much new music
>>
He showed you Tokyo Police Club and you liked it, kinda deserved what happened to him desu.
>>
>>65331054
thanks
>>
In january of 2010 i was thirteen and masturbating in the shower when I thought Hey! if I get into music, girls will think I'm cool

Now I am very cool AND i still get to masturbate WHEN I want
>>
>>65331206
Wow same here except girls only think I'm cool in friend way :c
>>
Linkin Park and Utada Hiraku lol. I'm laughing super hard that it was those two together.

Were you really into Kingdom Hearts, looked for her song on Youtube, then saw a bunch of Kingdom Hearts music videos to Linkin Park songs?
>>
My whole family is pretty into music in some way or another, but my older brother was the one that really got me into it.

He used to let me borrow his cd's / cassettes to listen to and he'd show me music videos / music documentaries he thought were cool.

Older siblings are the best when it comes to shit like that t b h.
>>
>>65331206
Tell us your young fantasies...
>>
I used to only listen to videogame music, and then I got into progressive rock because it sounded a lot like videogame music

Now I listen to pretty much everything and have top-tier taste
>>
>>65330992
You're not "patrician" for listening to some generic shitty Toronto Indie buzzband over Linkin park

In fact, youre not patrician for LISTENING to anything over another. You're just a Petty consumer being handheld

Whatever though you're from r/indieheads so you'll delve deeper in time in hope
>>
>>65331054
HA>>65331054
>>
probably "now thats what i call music vol 8"
>>
>>65330992
>anco and frank zappa
nice """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""patrician"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" music
>>
>>65330992

I actually saw Tokyo Police Club live at a small bar show recently (lol) -- their new stuff sucks though
>>
>>65330992
touching story anon and good tase
>>
>>65331054
Holy shit

These are the posts that make mu worthwhile
>>
>12 years old
>going through iTunes library
>check out my brother's pirated copy of OK Computer
>love it
>google for information about it
>find glowing pitchfork review of it that matched my 12 year old love for it
>become 12 year old pitchfork drone
>>
>>65333270
12 is the only acceptable age to read pitchfork
>>
>>65332938
i used to want to titfuck my english teacher, but didn't we all
>>
>>65333460
no because i was homeschooled :(
>>
A high school bandmate showed me "Dragonaut" by Sleep and that pretty much changed everything
>>
File: 1458407903637.png (90 KB, 300x201) Image search: [Google]
1458407903637.png
90 KB, 300x201
>Be twelve
>Into Ska Punk and 80s/90s punk in general
>On YouTube
>See Only Shallow by MBV in recommendations
>"Oh, what's this?"

And that's how I'm here
>>
nothing, my taste is still fucking shit
>>
>>65333723
>on mu
>4chan

checks out
>>
>>65330992
I was about 14. My brother got me into Minus the Bear and Jeff Buckley. It all started from there, had to trip through Incubus and Feeder and RHCP, moved into John Frusciante and those influences. Jeff got me into his dad and sad contemporary singer songwriters, minus the bear got me into math and post rock. Frusciante got me into beefheart. Then I found scaruffi and really branched out.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.