[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, what the FUCK is this idiot's problem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Piero.jpg (7 KB, 200x195) Image search: [Google]
Piero.jpg
7 KB, 200x195
Okay, what the FUCK is this idiot's problem?
>>
>>65325582
He lacked the talent to become a musicians, so he spends his life trash talking of those who had.
Like every critic.
>>
>>65325764
you should read Oscar Wilde's dialogue 'The Critic as Artist'
>>
guys

he posts stream of consciousness reviews of "rock" music on a geocities page

what the FUCK is /mu/s problem?
>>
>>65325844
You, obviously. Pleb.
>>
File: get scruff'd.png (373 KB, 419x577) Image search: [Google]
get scruff'd.png
373 KB, 419x577
What is Scaruffi's best picture?
>>
File: 3775366_300x300.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
3775366_300x300.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
>>65326208
best reaction image is this
>>
>>65325582
Contrarians disease mixed with baby boomer entitlement ideals.
>>
He likes clown music.

The first time I listened to Faust I was surprised because everyone was talking it up. But it's just fairground music.
>>
>>65325582
I still think his article was a major bait, he got the historical facts waaay to wrong to be a serious review about a band.
>>
>>65325582
aspergers
>>
even thought I disagree with him most of the time, and that I think "tops" are for retarded adults and teenagers I gotta say his site is a better place to find new music, literature and movies than ANY board her eon 4chan, so I give him credit for having all that stuff in one place
>>
>>65325764

do people really still believe this about critics? have fun with your useless art school degree lmao
>>
>>65325764

>Le critics don't have any function maymay

Scaruffi is okay because his different taste introduces wide audiences to different types of music.

In fact, the same can't be said of Anthony Fantano, who basically just listens to all of the ebinest new maymays and says random stuff about them.
>>
>>65327645

This post is correct. Scaruffi just says random shit too but at least his lists are unique.
>>
>>65327645

They don't though. Maybe back then before the internet when you didn't really know what an album even sounded like they were useful, but know you can listen to anything instantly and see if you like it or not.
>>
>>65327735

most people have jobs and/or school and social lives. they don't have time to listen to thousands or even hundreds of albums every year like Scaruffi does, so instead they take a few minutes to read Scaruffi's descriptions and based on what they already know about their own taste they decide whether it's worth investing the time into listening to the full album.
>>
>>65327907

It's takes like 10 seconds to look up the genre of the band and see if you're a fan of the genre, and if you are it takes 10 more seconds to sample a few songs and see if you want to listen to the whole thing.
>>
>>65328065

what if you want to know more than just the genre, though? genres can be broad, loose and very misleading. Scaruffi gives detailed descriptions of exactly what you will hear on the different songs. he is very specific. and his site contains articles about albums and artists that don't come up just by searching certain genres.

and not only that, but in order to sample an album you generally need to have it on your computer so reading Scaruffi saves you the time of having to torrent it or buy it or whatever you do.

also why is reading Scaruffi's lists any worse than just googling genres? if I google "rock" or "punk" or "death metal" chances are all the first results will be shit like rolling stone or NME, which are far worse than Scaruffi.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.