[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I dont get it, pls explain to me whats so musically good about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: b5c3d177.jpg (65 KB, 648x324) Image search: [Google]
b5c3d177.jpg
65 KB, 648x324
I dont get it, pls explain to me whats so musically good about this niggers band
>>
Not OP, but bumping. Also curious to know what makes them so "hype". Heard some things about the fact that it's so "avant garde" and destructured hip hop thing, but i can't be just that.
>>
Probably because their diy ethic and cutting out the middle man by connecting with fans directly through the internet. The music is forward thinking by rejecting genres and fads, not by being virtuoso musicians or any objective quality. They embrace aggressive sounds but still let hints of humor and awkwardness that is too human and flawed to market like some gloomy, melancholy, humorless post punk or dream pop. It never gets out of hand like zappas preachiness or ween's desensitizing silliness but it deters too cool for school avant teens from giving it a fair listen. Theyd rather alienate people a bit than just make the ideal, quantized, minimal trap beat with a guy yelling angry things. Musically they hit a sweet spot somewhere between exm and nldw and got widely acclaimed,yet they arent still rehashing the money store four years later. I think /mu/tants vicariously take pride in seeing someone with this much integrity and passion for creating get so far in 5 years
>>
>>65325503
Listen, you don't have to like every artist or band this shitty board tells you to. You like it or you don't. For me personally, at first, I found them unpleasant to listen to. Just look in the comments of Guillotine (most popular video) which has become a meme in itself. It has so many views but the comments show that most people think the song is abrasive garbage, with questions like 'Do people unironically listen to these guys?' throw around and others bragging that they do unironically listen to them like it's some kind of an achievement. Yes, it's unpleasant at first, but for me, I kept listening out of curiousity and then it just clicked in my head and now I find them to be enjoyable to listen to. It's fast, it's loud, it's full of energy, the lyrics are incredible and paint vivid imagery. That's why I like them.
>>
>>65325847
/thread and stop the memeing
>>
>>65325773
well put Anon, you said it all.
>>
I always liked the take on rapping and hiphop. it is experimental hiphop BASICALLY, although they've pushed the boudries of their sund, which is another point. Do people that actually make music, like produce mix and master, still hate DG? Because they have arguably some of the best production whether you're into crazy ass shit or not. Ive seen them live and as a musician i will also vouche that their live performance is especially noteworthy, traits of an ACTUALLY talented musical act, nomatter what the genre, no? The fycking pace zach hill keeps up is intimidating, and this specific performance they were definitely on one. From start to finish just balls in your face and MC Ride essentially outlasted the majority of us that was moshing for a damn hour. Im just saying from a musician's perspective, they strike me as an excellent act that's kinda ahead of their time, fuck all the meme shit.
>>
>>65326015
lol all they fucking do is feel the music for real
ALL THEY DID WAS BE THEMSELVES which is what the music is about
>>
>>65323570
Woah, that word is problematic
>>
>>65326267
Rude
>>
>>65326256
yeah man, and that's the simple substance so much recent music has lacked.
>>
>>65326352
reality and society are funny guys
>>
>>65326386
A fucking conversation i always have with peers, so peculiar how american popular music has progressed in modern civilisation. These simple music 'trends' define whole generations
>>
>>65323570
That Zach Hill is turning into Phil Collins with age.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.