[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>anon-san, I... there's... there's an akio suzuki
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (399 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
399 KB, 960x1280
>anon-san, I... there's... there's an akio suzuki sound installation performance at the LACMA, i was wondering if... you'd like to go with me

wat do?
>>
go?
>>
Lick hairy armpit
>>
It's time for us as a society to acknowledge that making women shave their pits was a pretty big mistake, and that women with hairy pits are objectively more attractive than women without.
>>
sorry but i've got a meeting with the patrician council, we're deciding whether teens of denial is patrician or not
>>
>>65323501
Pleb as fuck
>>
>>65323509
of course, it's just a formality
>>
>>65323152
>google akio suzuki
>find this
https://vimeo.com/52951842

Pretty cool tbqh
>>
>>65323478
I don't really care too much, but would be apt to disagree. Nothing is "making" women shave their armpits any more than anything is making them wear those ridiculous heels. The latter of which I'd say is worse.
>>
>>65323542
It's not compulsory, but a lot of men still associate it with feminist dick-shrinkers, so if a woman wants to attract the best guys she's gotta shave
>>
>>65323152
That shirt is a "turnoff" as the normies would say

also I hope you guys report this thread and hide it
>>
>>65323622
I understand that people typically conform to their feedback loops they're exposed to, your are your environment as much as you are yourself, etc. As far as mate selection goes, there's still a decent probability of garnering a high quality mate.

People just want their's, they want the path of least resistance, and they want it now. A bad heuristic, if you ask me.
>>
>>65323671
The fact that armpit hair can be a factor in that impedance suggests that enough people consider it an unattractive quality to influence women's grooming habits. That's how fashion fucking works. I'm not being forced to look a certain way, but I do because it increases the likelihood of attracting more mates. You don't have to put a gun to someone's head to make them do something.
>>
>>65323542
of course no one is making them, its just that there is years and years of visual and verbal elements surrounding you and boring into your brain that these things are normal and get you the normal things to get in life

its that way with tons of things and people dont question or realize it usually, like capitalism
>>
>>65323742
Two things are omnipresent: Yourself, and your environment. Only one of which do you have a degree of constant control over.

Life is mechanical. Certainly your environment can spur you to do something, think you must do something, or make you desire to do something, but these things are not a form of force. Whatever you end up doing was for the most part, you. That doesn't imply the machinery of your mind afforded you the ability to recognize or seriously consider having a choice in how you are, but regardless that says something about oneself as well.

Not really a conversation worth having.

>>65323765
Yep. Without the means to think a thought, a mind will not think it. I think to an extent people are actively trained to be uncomfortable thinking though, to an extent. Or there's such a thing as a genetic bias towards group derived identity and being part of a crowd, don't know. Social engineering definitely is a thing though.
>>
>>65323807
most of its training, seeing how other places around the world dont have the exact same standards or social practices as we do.

there is obvious genetic pack instincts since were fucking animals and most animals run in small to large packs and gain comfort in group activities and shit, this isnt inherent in particular gender more so its inherent to humanity
>>
>>65323807
This is the most autistic, pedantic, literal interpretation of "making" I've ever read. If you can't see the distinction between social influence (which a person can't circumvent while also functioning within society) and a literal compulsory duty, then you're right about this not being a conversation worth having.
>>
>>65323882
>which a person can't
And yet you loop back and start again, saying the same thing. Learn to read+comprehend. There is no indirect force present here, there is no "can't function in society without shaving my armpits". My own mother is proof of this, for fuck's sake.

Just stop. Persistent identity is clearly bad for your reasoning right now.
>>
>>65323910
"Can't" was referring to the complete eschewing of social conventions (or the concept of ignoring conventions as a whole itself), not ignoring a single convention you disingenuous faggot. And yes, there absolutely is an inderect force present, it's called the threat of being ostracized.
>>
>>65323478
You're my favorite tripfag tbqh.
>>
>>65324046
You underestimate your own power of definition, instead assuming the process is only one way. ie, that other people's perception is a set of fixed constants that you have no influence over, and so you assume you can only mold yourself to generate the desired response. This is an understandable conclusion to come to for someone who's very self conscious and hyperaware, but it's net wrong nonetheless. You're so focused on yourself you don't pay attention to other people, and therefore have an artifically narrowed idea of what actions yield what reactions, and why.

tl;dr, you think your model of human behavior is solid because you've never really branched out or been pushed outside of your routines, and thus you can't recognize deficits and unbacked, false axioms.

All that aside, it really comes down to one's own framework of value. From this stems the paths they'll be willing to settle into in getting along with the world, and themselves. But there are certainly more than one viable approach for a given individual.

>it's called the threat of being ostracized.
This statement just further reinforces the above. You have chosen slavery and will spend your life being corralled by others, never questioning why your own influence seems to always fall short.
>>
>>65324150
about to take a screenshot of this to post it in the cringe thread

I'm not going to go point by point on this because i'm not bothered enough to, but your primary fault was that you took a relatively simple observation (women shave because they're socially conditioned to see a lack of body hair as an attractive trait), and went on to extrapolate based on that my views on psychology, anthropology, and social dynamics as a whole. Go away and rethink your life. Stop interpreting basic psychological principles regarding socialization so literally, and stop implying that anyone who argues that they exist rigidly adheres to the concept of living in reaction to other people.

>You have chosen slavery
You sound like a fucking libertarian buddy
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.