[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come most rock music to incorporate electronic elements has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: KidA.jpg (74 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
KidA.jpg
74 KB, 300x300
How come most rock music to incorporate electronic elements has been weak as fuck?
>pic related

Not weak as in it's bad music, but as in it's not powerful, like Led Zeppelin and Nirvana were.

The closest thing I can think of to "powerful" electronic rock is Melt-Banana and they're very grindcore so I'm not sure if they count.
>>
look up the song hotfoot by doldrums
>>
>>65321249
well just go and listen to some industrial metal then, why do you want especially rock with electronics if you desire to listen to heavy stuff
>>
Death Grips comes close sometimes as well when they start bringing in guitars, but the overbearing hip hop influence also kinda disqualifies it.

Seriously though, Death Grips and Melt-Banana need to tour together.
>>
>>65321335
>why do you want especially rock with electronics if you desire to listen to heavy stuff
The rock sound is fucking excellent, but it's been played out. I think this idea is a way to breathe fresh air into it.

That being said, this NIN song is close to what I want:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVpw1SwJRBI
>>
>>65321249
Who cares? Go listen to metal or something. I'm pretty sure Kid A was never meant for headbanging or high school gig covers.
>>
>>65321269
Good but not rock

I want cyberpunk bangers!
>>
CYBERPUNK BANGERS!!!
>>
Does Atari Teenage Riot count?
>>
>>65321249
There's Genghis Tron, but they're way too metallic for what you're looking for.

Melvins sometimes has electronics that are cool but not much. I see what you mean though.
>>
Either listen to Industrial Rock/Metal or Cybergrind.
>>
>>65321249
industrial rock/meal you stoopid
>>
>>65321249
>the beautiful resonance of the opening chord of Everything in its Right Place isn't powerful
>>
I dunno if counts as rock but Stonefist by Health is good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aRr8O_D35Q.
Awolnation does it for me too even though it's not very heavy. At least not like Gave Up is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vISW7Ie5r_U
>>
File: cover.jpg (44 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
44 KB, 400x400
you're probably just looking in the wrong places

yeah industrial metal, or any metal with synths
>>
>>65322301
Not posting the last song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ju8xO_Zvfo
>>
>>65321371
awful taste
>>
>>65321249
>tries to prove a point
>uses the most accessible and arguably best executed counterexample as his example
wew lad
>>
65daysofstatic's The Fall of Math
>>
Unwound
Refused
Any industrial rock / meal
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.