[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RHCP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2
File: theyreredhot.jpg (92 KB, 840x970) Image search: [Google]
theyreredhot.jpg
92 KB, 840x970
Why does /mu/ hate RHCP I think they're extremely versatile and for all the shitty things that have happened to them, and them still be popular is pretty great. I also think they're guitar and bass players (Not to mention underrated Chad) are amazing better than a lot of popular bands I see, but IDK it's just my opinion.
>>
Buttrock. That is all.
>>
Most people like this
>>
They're extremely popular, so /mu/ hates them. Thread over
>>
>>65316868
>Buttrock
How
>>
>>65316831
I really don't like Anthony's voice.

>>65316868
Congrats, you successfully used a meaningless buzzword.
>>
>>65316868
Not at all. Funk =/= buttrock
>>
>>65316831
I can't stand the singer, he's always talking over the music, other than that pretty good rhythm section.
>>
If you REALLY can't see how they're absolute trash, I recommend getting the fuck out of /mu/ and visit a place called Reddit! They'll love to have your shitty opinions there!

Fuck off.
>>
>>65317015
Sweet explanation man.
>>
>>65316871
Shit post in a shit thread re a shit band
>>
>>65317015
cringe
>>
>>65317015
Holy shit, it sure is getting warm outside.
>>
>>65317126
nice reddit response
>>
Cause they ruined my sweet sweet Bungle...

fuck RHCP, they're the devil's cuckolds.
>>
>>65316831
>Extremely versatile

No. They play into whatever is popular at the time, but go on.

>and of all the shitty things that have happened to them and them still be popular is great

Weezer is still popular and shite, who gives a shit about popularity? You can release a endless stream of buttshit and still be considered good because your songs got on the radio.

Literally the best material released by the RHCP has been solo material from their guy with the addiction to drugs for a time. RHCP is a baby band and basically Mr. Bungle for normies....and Mr. Bungle is fucking horrible.
>>
>>65317398
>le reddit boogyman
cringe
>>
>>65317462
>and Mr. Bungle is fucking horrible

>Bungle
>Bad

why m8?
>>
I get the sense that Kiedis has a pretty good sense of humor about it. He knows its ridiculous but the pay has been pretty sweet for a long time now. There are worse ways to make a living.
>>
>>65317485
Because their s/t is literally just "dude lets be super fun and quirky lmao heres a fart sound and clown music XDDD"
>>
>>65317527
I can understand where you get that impression, and the s/t does have a couple really weak songs as a result of the whole experimentation thing.

And while at times it does fall short, I think overall it creates an interesting experience. Underneath a lot of that crazy shit there's some real genius.

Real genius that's improved immensely in Disco Volante/California in my opinion
>>
>>65317015
Summer here already?
>>
>>65317126
>>65317037
>>65317377
>>>/r/eddit

Disgusting taste.
>>
>>65317015
you sound like someone who just switched over from reddit to mu and are trying to sound SUPER FUCKIN EDGY PATRICIAN BRO
>>
>>65317742
>Someone calls me out on my plebby shit taste
>S-summer, rite guise!
>>
>>65317754
>>65317772
>>65317742
Samefag
RCHP is 8th grade suburban plebcore, sorry guys
>>
>>65317527
Listen to Disco Volante and California.
>>
>>65317772
you couldn't be more mistaken, sperm-waste.
>>
Like most others, I just don't like Anthony's singing. There are decent songs here and there in their discography but most of it gives me trailer trash vibes.
>>
>>65317591
>>65317830
Montie doesn't deserve the slightest amount of attention. Filter him, please.
>>
Please off yourself if you think white-boy rap + post-grunge vocals + tasteless funk pastiches + shitty repetitive riffs + bad lyricism - anything remotely interesting about rock music = good

John's solo slbums are OK though.
>>
Frusciante was the one component which gave them a good direction. All non-Frusciante RHCP is pretty bad.
>>
With lyrics like
>"I know I know for sure. Ding, dang, dong, dong, deng, deng, dong, dong, ding, dang."
Why do people enjoy this?
>>
>>65317015
>>65317754
>>65317824
>>65317802

Please recommend me some objectively superior bands then since the least you could was gave me a detailed 3xplanation to why the suck but instead you resort to epic "board culture xP" jokes since your critisism are baseless

I dont even like RHCP that much, and please dont recommend ironic meme shit like Death Grips, vaporwave and Kpop since thats what you elitist faggots infest this board with
>>
>>65317862
wah wah

>>65317830
DV and California are perfectly fine. I just fucking hate their s/t
>>
I unironically think Otherside is one of the better pop/rock singles of the last 20 years or so.
>>
>>65316831
>extremely versatile
No they're not
>>
>>65318106
Funkadelic, Sly and family stone and the list goes on.
>>
yeah they're ok.
I mean john is an uncommonly skilled melodist and his backing vocals are the highlights of a number of their songs. The rhythm section is undeniable. And Anthony can do fun and tender believably in addition to being a born frontman.

On paper they should be great.
But the final product is just "ok".
>>
>>65317834
then you've been here way too goddamn long and got some weird patrician ego complex
>>
>>65317824
I mean I agree they aren't great just that dude's comment was trash. blood sugar sex magic was good though
>>
>>65317462
>guy with the addiction to drugs
so 3/4 of the band?
>>
>>65318106
not him but since you asked

the beatles
black sabbath
led zeppelin
creedence clearwater revival
electric wizard
queens of the stone age
sleater kinney
portishead
talking heads
my bloody valentine
pixies
REM
talk talk
slint
shellac
big black
the roots
husker du
soft machine
camel
roxy music
premiata forneria marconi
siouxsie and the banshees
x ray spex

I dunno man there's loads that are better than the chili peppers
>>
>>65318106
Aunt Sally, Nina Simone, Smash Mouth, Gang of Four, John Coltrane, Swell Maps, of Montreal, Spoon, Patti Smith, David Bowie, Devo, Charles Mingus, After Dinner, T. Rex, Pavement, A Tribe Called Quest, NSYNC, Gorillaz, The Stooges, Pixies, Hugo Largo, Rain Parade, Marvin Gaye, Joe Henderson, Astrud Gilberto, Swans, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Slowdive, One Direction, James Chance and the Contortions, Japan, Oingo Boingo, Black Flag, Limp Bizkit, Television, Arcade Fire, Blur, Black Sabbath, Wu Tang Clan, Radiohead, The Olivia Tremor Control, Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch, Sadistic Mika Band, Brian Eno, and every other musical artist.
>>
>>65317462
>No. They play into whatever is popular at the time, but go on.
that does not not make them versatile
>>
>>65318749
>>65318892
half of that stuff isn't even funk, arent we reccing based on RHCP?

>>65318106
Tower of Power, Earth, Wind & Fire, Cymande, Billy Cobham, The J.B.s
>>
>>65316831
I legitimately enjoyed their music for a long time, still think they're talented musicians who craft interesting melodies. But god the vocals are grating and it just ruins them for me
>>
>>65319713
funk/funk influenced bands/artists better than the chili peppers

curtis mayfield
prince
funkadelic
parliament
sly and the family stone
james brown
baby huey
fela kuti
herbie hancock
miles davis
betty davis
gil-scott heron
earth, wind & fire
the isley brothers
primus
faith no more
mr bungle
fishbone
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.