[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on Coheed and Cambria /mu/. They've been one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: coheed-and-cambria-500775331a567.jpg (677 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
coheed-and-cambria-500775331a567.jpg
677 KB, 1920x1080
Redpill me on Coheed and Cambria /mu/. They've been one of my favorite bands for years but according to you guys is middle school-tier trash.

What's wrong with they're music? What's shitty about they're songwriting that I'm not hearing.
>>
>>65311661
Its not hipster indie or meme rap so its shit
>>
>>65311694
breddy much this, anything that has heavy guitar in it is shit to /mu/ unless it only sold like 30 copies upon its realease.
>>
>>65311661
they fired their original bassist just because he made a bomb threat to get the medicine he needed but was being denied.

fuck them.
>>
>>65311661
Their singer was on Game Grumps.
>>
>>65312013
The only episode of that I've watched in like 2 years.

Goddamn I miss old Game Grumps
>>
It's just incredibly uninteresting and trite. You're welcome to like it, as with any other band, but as you get more into music you may find that you realize how derivative it is.
>>
They're lowkey one of the best and most versatile prog. bands of the 21st century.

It's a secret though, don't tell the rest of /mu/
>>
>>65311661
not a huge fan of the music--their concept stuff is kind of cool tho. i went to a concert with my friend a few months ago and the entire fanbase was annoying as fuck
>>65311994
???? explain?
>>
instrumentally not bad but nothing that stands out
vox are terrible
>>
>>65311994
I saw them live immediately after this happened and they had to find a bassist to play last minute. Still the best concert I've seen though.
>>
>>65312286
they're bassist Michael Todd needed some medicine soon or he was going to get sick, the pharmacist BITCH at CVS said he didn't have a prescription so he did what he had to, in order not get sick.
>>
>>65312286
Coheed is one of the best shows I've seen. But yeah, they're fanbase seems to consist of the worst that scene kids AND prog. fans have to offer.
>>
>>65312388
what bands opened for them when you saw them? for me it was silver snakes/glassjaw/i the mighty and i only really liked the third one lol
and yeah the fanbase like hurts my eyes to look at sometimes
>>
>>65311994
>Michael goes junkie
>fucking up all over
>bomb threat for perscription dope
>arrested
>dope
>medicine

WEW lad, I miss him too but not only is that sugarcoated as fuck but that's a shit reason to hate a band.

Answer OP. What's wrong with their music?...
>>
>>65312334
Wew, I'm sorry.

Real talk: Coheed were probably in my top 3 bands in high school. But they started to lose me with NWFT and everything afterwards. Black Rainbow has not aged well, and the Afterman albums are basically just prog-pop records with super theatric, cringey dialogue and lol worthy story arches. I still jam their first 3 albums from time to time, but I like to pretend they're a different band post-Good Apollo.
>>
Because they peaked with their first 2 albums and have been trash ever since
>>
First three albums were pretty good. Last two concept albums were excellent as well. Everything else is eh.

Are they done with the story?
>>
>>65312345

didn't he have a drug problem and was robbing the pharmacy for said drugs?
>>
>>65311661
Coheed and Cambria is fine.

Their latest and Year of the Black Rainbow are very meh, though.
>>
>>65312513
Movie coming out eventually.

Dunno if that will end it or not.
>>
>>65312513
The Afterman is my favorite desu. They were crazy in touch with what made IKSoSE:3 and Good Apollo 1 great, but with a few extra years of songwriting/production experience.

It was definitely a journey
>>
>>65312595
Fuck man, what are the deats? Is it going to be live action or animated. I'm assuming the thing is going to be some low-budget straight to DVD flick, but it's cool none-the-less.
>>
>>65312641
The Afterman storyline is pretty cheesy as fuck at times but I love every minute of it.
>>
> comcept albums
> comics
> "prog"

why did you even ask senpai
>>
>>65312678
This is pretty much all there is right now: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amory_Wars#Film.
>>
Real talk though, /mu/ has somewhat of a hive mind. And by hive mind I mean there's a large bubble of musical qualities that /mu/ has preferences for and Coheed just doesn't line up with those preferences.

The music itself is very straightforward, which is probably gonna get you deemed as irredeemable garbage around here no matter how good the actual songwriting is.

/mu/ is a weird place, and probably the worst place you can go for validation of your taste.
>>
File: 1458252094132.gif (1021 KB, 375x212) Image search: [Google]
1458252094132.gif
1021 KB, 375x212
>>65312696
>hating on concept albums AND comics
>>
>>65311661
pop punk is generally accepted as a genre for adolescents. adding ebin \m/ guitar solos and a comic book concept doesn't change that. but if you like it who cares.
>>
>>65311661
Not Korean or real cool niggers so they're shit
>>
>>65312769
it's like you try to compensate your subpar music with something else
>>
>>65312563
Thank you. Easily their worst two records.
>>
They don't produce white guilt.
>>
i like them a lot
>>
>>65312490
This.
>>
>>65311661
Coheed are one of the best bands of all time.
They're also hated by /mu/ fags and hipsters that don't understand it, or want to. just ignore it.
>>
sstb was fantastic and really the only album that blended well their pop-punk and wanky dadrock sounds. 90% of their output after it sucks ass though
>>
SSTB aged like garbage, I find it unlistenable desu.
>>
First three albums are absolutely awesome. The rest kind of sucks.

I love all of the motifs and reprises in their music, both instrumentally and in vocal melody, even if it appears in sort of pretentious, Songtitle 2a Pt. 3 form. There is a lot of great melody in their music in general.

I never really liked the "we are rock stars" image that, especially Claudio, gravitated towards as time went on, but whatever they are obviously inspired a lot by classic rock and prog, and have better musicianship than any bands that sound similar to them so go for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5Ip7MBz0qU
>>
>>65312717
yeah, took me a while to learn this. Never change your taste because of what ppl here tell you, only complement it and let it transform naturally
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.