[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one get into Death Grips? In what order do I listen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: FiECjSD.jpg (174 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
FiECjSD.jpg
174 KB, 1920x1080
How does one get into Death Grips?
In what order do I listen to their music?
>>
>>65311352
Like any band that doesn't have a long discography

Chronologically
>>
Listen chronologically

Start with Exmilitary and go on from there. Give each album multiple listens if you are fascinated yet don't "get it" yet. Some people simply do not like the music and that's fine. But, always give something new a chance.
>>
>>65311352
Start with The Money Store. Then maybe Bottomless Pit. Then go wherever from there.

You may have to listen to an album or song multiple times.
>>
Have you tried being 14 and posting on/v/?
>>
>>65311352
I'm no Death Grips expert (I just started listening to them myself) but I can personally recommend I've Seen Footage, Hacker, and Punk Weight. Maybe a real Death Grips professional can correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>65311411
>>65311413
Yes

>>65311414
No
>>
>>65311443
Let me rephrase.

If you listen to Ex Military and are like "what the fuck this is just noise" or whatever, then start with TMS.

It is good to give them a shot chronologically, but everyone I've recommended them to couldn't get into them until they started with TMS. Including myself.
>>
>>65311414
I wouldn't necessarily start from there to get the full experience. Start with Exmilitary and go on from there.

>>65311413
Also, keep in mind that none of their albums sound the same. So don't depend on one sound and expect that same sound on different albums.
>>
>>65311492
Thinking about it again I guest starting from TMS chronologically would be the right move for a new listener since they don't even make music that sounds like ExMilitary anymore
>>
>>65311352
Reject God. Renounce all devotion. Abandon your family. Empty your bank account. Leave your material possessions behind.

Transcend.
>>
>>65311516
Yeah I do agree, Exmilitary (just realize I spelled it wrong) should be given a fair shot. Just someone shouldn't give up if they can't stand it, and instead they should try to at least listen to their more accessible stuff. Keep in mind a lot of people really are not used to this kind of music.
>>
>>65311492
Honestly, in my opinion, Exmilitary is their most abrasive album. I would start from there to kind of get used to their abrasive style, I mean either way, you are still going to be confused with the Money Store, might as well start with their most abrasive efforts/first album and then listen chronologically like DG fans from the start.
>>
>>65311526
To be fair, none of their albums sound the same. Exmilitary just happens to be the most abrasive in my opinion. But the hardest to get into is GP, based on my experience.
>>
>>65311592
Really? I feel like the lack of vocals would make GP a pretty easy entry point

But I agree chronologically is always the best way to listen to any band imo
>>
>>65311629
I don't know, with a first time listen, I found myself getting very impatient with a lot of the songs, being really repetitive and mostly instrumentals. Since what I found interesting with DG was Ride, lyrics, and the production, and at first GP wasn't strong in those aspects. I grew to love GP, but for a new listener, I don't think GP is a strong representation for the music DG makes.
>>
>>65311434
Yeah those are pretty good songs to start with, they are usually what I show my pleb friends. But I recommend what >>65311413 said way more.
>>
>>65311829
>pleb friends
>implying that you're not a pleb for listening to Death Grips
>>
>>65311882
>implying he said he wasn't
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.