[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chillin' with Bob Dylan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: 308787.jpg (345 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
308787.jpg
345 KB, 1920x1080
Ask someone who just finished Bob Dylan entire studio discography anything.
>>
>>65310906
What's his best album and why is it New Morning?
>>
>>65310906
why should i care what you have to say
>>
Is Self Portrait truly his worst?
>>
>>65310926
same reason I dont care what you have to say
>>
>>65310943
no Dylan 1973 is his worst even if it was unoffical
>>
>>65310906
Could you rank his albums in order of your favorite to least favorite?
Also why is Nashville Skyline the best?
>>
>>65310919
Nice choice but it's a tie between Blood on the Tracks and Infidels
>>
>>65310988
i'll do my top 5 cause I dont have time for that bull shit.
1. Blood on the Tracks
2. Infidels
3. John Wesley Harding
4. Blonde on Blonde
5. Freewheelin Bob Dylan
>>
Now listen to the entirety of the Bootleg Series

Also I'm genuinely curious as to what you think of Modern Times and Together Through Life. Rolling Stone touts them as great, I think they're both chores to listen to.
>>
How did you manage to get through his god awful 80's period?
>>
>>65310906
Why are the folk albums so comfy?
>>
>>65311026
Honestly, they were okay. Nothing could be as bad as Empire Burlesque or Shot of Love
>>
>>65311079
Yeah, they're not bad, they're just boring.
>>
>>65311075
Less production maybe?
>>
>>65311040
I listened to his 70's and 80's back to back
>>
What's the best album for someone who's totally knew to him to get into?
>>
OP here. Lets talk about Christmas in the Heart
>>
>>65311135
Blood on the Tracks
Listen to Tangled up in Blue, It is what got me into Dylan and It's my favorite even if there are "better" songs
>>
Glad you liked Blood on the Tracks and John Wesley Harding so much.

What do you think of Oh Mercy? Though labeled by many as the beginning of his comeback, I thought it was largely unremarkable.

And what did you think of Time out of Mind? Possibly the last great album by him (though he had other good ones after that).
>>
>>65311040
This. Didn't bother with all that Empire Burlesque/Saved garbage.

>>65311026
Skipped to the Bootleg collections which were, at times, more entertaining than the actual albums they were from.

Also Modern Times is a bit stuffy but Together Through Life is a loose gem. Not as much fun as Love and Theft, not as serious as Tempest but more consequential than Shadows in the Night and Fallen Angels.

Time Out of Mind blows them all away though.
>>
>>65311192
Oh Mercy is good but not top 10 material
Time out of mind is an album I didnt like
>>
>>65311026
Ill come back to the Bootlegs but I want to listen to other things for a bit.
>>
Do you read every comment in that whiny high nasal voice?
>>
>>65311386
I read every comment as if I'm talking to Mandark from Dexters lab
>>
does no one like Nashville Skyline?
>>
>>65311453
everyone likes it but it didnt change anything it sort of just happened
>>
Does anyone else think the "Royal Albert Hall" concert is a little overhyped? Yeah, One Too Many Mornings, Ballad of a Thin Man and LaRS are great and the performances are solid throughout...but the "judas" comment is the only thing that unique about it.
>>
What is his most underrated song and why is it Every Grain of Sand?
>>
>>65311157
I'm taking your advice with Blood on the Tracks. I've listened to Freewheelin' several times and, while I do see it's value, it just doesn't do much for me.
>>
>>65311532
Try out Highway 61 Revisited if you don't like that (all three albums are totally different), if you don't like any of them maybe Dylan isn't for you
>>
>>65311552
Downloading them both now, thanks.
>>
>>65311552
Blood on the tracks, John Wesley Harding are the two I recommend people the most
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.