[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long did your parent argue for when you told them about Death
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: dgddgdgdgd-600x400.jpg (73 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
dgddgdgdgd-600x400.jpg
73 KB, 600x400
How long did your parent argue for when you told them about Death Grips?
>>
>>65310570
I was grounded for like, a month, but fuck them I sneaked out!!
>>
I got kickedout and now I'm living in the YMCA
>>
My dad likes them better than I do. He's a tech guy, so he tries to keep up with what's cool with the young people in the office.
>>
My mom couldn't handle it f****** b**** took my xbox1 away for like a month! I didnt get it back until my cool stepdad dad came back

STAY NOIDED LOL
>>
reply to this post or your mother dies yesterday
>>
I assume that most listeners hate them at first. Those that instantly connect, well, that's just weird. And this is weird. But beautiful and deep. When I first heard of them in 2014, I didn't hate it. I didn't understand it though - it filled me with confusion and I got off on the weird little jokes scattered about them. I used it to piss off people, notably parents (who notably hated any time I played anything by DG). But over time, poetry emerged and music that seemed at first jammy and improvised started to reveal their complexities. All of American music can be found in their band, from old time gospel and old time blues to modern classical and the advent of alternative rock. Throw in a sea shanty, redneck country, free jazz and delta blues and layer a collection of lyrical genius that touches on nearly every aspect of life, human and otherwise, and what you get is one of the most amazing bands ever. Sure, the initial spins will certainly be challenging, but trust it and flow with it, feel it and then it will become a comforting set of words and music.
>>
>>65310726
I hope so, b!7ch took my 3DS away so i can't play Smash with Johnny and Carl
>>
Well, I was a raised in a strict Christian family that didn't allow ennoying Death Grips' music, but after I found out that I proved strong feelings towards them and their works, I decided it was for my best to go away from my parents, so I told them I was going away from our little town to go watch AnCo live in the city. They decided to let me go, but I never came back. I'm currently staying at some of my friends' house, who are also DG fans too, and constantly helped by a local DG fans associations. Hopefully things are gonna get better with my family, since I really love them, but I know that my feelings towards DG will never recieve positive acclaim among them. I just want them to love me for what I am.
>>
My dad just texted me
>you hear the new death grips and les claypool?
He said it was interesting
>>
>>65310837
>>65310714
Death Grips is officially dadrock now
>>
>>65310570
lol my mom brought me to see public enemy and we're white, she dgaf
>>
>>65310892
>Exmilitary came out 46 years ago
>>
>>65310837
I fucking wish I had a dad who talked about DG with me
>>
File: 1463059468654.jpg (15 KB, 204x255) Image search: [Google]
1463059468654.jpg
15 KB, 204x255
>>65310726
>>
>>65310726
so i was listening to death cripes with my daddy and i was all like "limo this is shit, literally gay as fuck, i bet that black man in the group licks penis hahahahahahahaha" and my daddy said he would
>>
Dad hit me with the belt, Mom sat to the side and just drank her glass of wine

She came to talk to me later and said my Dad shouldn't have done that, but she was still disappointed and told me I was adopted
>>
>>65310959
Lol he doesn't like them for sampling black flag and Janes addiction. Only songs he liked were off government plates
>>
>>65311166
he sounds pretty patrician
>>
>>65310570
My mom loved Beware
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.