[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do so many boring people think obscure stuff makes their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1464711635387.jpg (108 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
1464711635387.jpg
108 KB, 1152x864
Why do so many boring people think obscure stuff makes their taste or them interesting?

I'm getting so sick of le so Indie playlists with artists nobody has ever heard of that literally are just generic as fuck accoustic dust in the wind knockoffs

Why does this happen so much? How do people kid themselves into thinking unique because they listen to generic but obscure stuff, mu?
>>
go back to listing to top 40 shit shit then
>>
Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean it's bad, quit being a faggot
>>
File: 1435252258159.jpg (74 KB, 500x494) Image search: [Google]
1435252258159.jpg
74 KB, 500x494
dubs
>>
People get really excited when they discover there's a whole trove of unpopular but sometimes-decent music never to be heard by the mainstream, so they broadcast their hot new eclecticism like a songbird's mating call until they realize nobody cares
>>
Obscurity is relative.

generic as fuck accoustic dust in the wind knockoffs sucks.
>>
>>65304487
>>65304512
Neo-mu, I.e r/indieheads and tumblr.

Never said that if something is obscure its automatically bad. Reread the post, and dont project so hard next time.

>>65304551
Reread the post too

I'm saying that it us utterly pointless to find something that is obscure if its as utterly generic and ununique as top 40 yet people still do it
>>
>>65304478
because this board is now full of edgelords of two types
type 1: obscure = good
type 2: obscure = bad

neither of these types know anything about music and regularly browse reddit
>>
>>65305252
I think you need to listen to more music if people on here listing bands you don't know is a common occurrence. Maybe they're obscure for people who only listening to the radio but most stuff mentioned on here is really surface level for people with even a little bit of interest in music other than the radio.
>>
>>65305335
Shit, I always forget to delete the link.
>>
Good music is usually obscure rather than popular.

The average person is a fucking moron, and if something is popular that means it appealed to virtually millions of his fellow mental incompetents. Obviously not everything popular is bad or uncreative, but the majority is.

If a piece of art is good then chances are it will be too intelligent, attention-straining, and violently different from accepted formula of commercial music to ever earn much popular recognition. Obscurity doesn't mean the music has value, it just means it has a higher chance of possessing value.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.