[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christian/Gospel Music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: jebus.jpg (81 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
jebus.jpg
81 KB, 650x366
So the song Kanye sampled for Father Stretch My Hands is legitimately 10/10, almost brought me to tears listening to it (to be fair I was on drugs)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBYcOGkWEJY
So i thought I would check out some essential Christian/Gospel music, preferably something powerful or emotional, you guys wanna share/discuss some? Never see threads about this type of music so fuck it, could be fun
>>
If you're okay with psych rock Christian music, this is a really good comp. Reverend Gary Davis is also really good if you prefer blues.
>>
>>
>>65303077
>psych rock Christian music
Sounds cool, ty
>>65303104
I just realized i literally never see elvis mentioned here either, he was my favorite singer when I was young. I have a bunch of elvis albums i haven't listened to in over a decade, thanks for the reminder
>>
File: cover.jpg (203 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
203 KB, 1400x1400
>>65302857
Got some emotional noisy Christian music for you OP, I hope you like it

http://evenoxen.bandcamp.com

>>65303104
Elvis' gospel albums are very underrated
>>
The other Pastor T.L. Barrett album is really good too
sample: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lypO8pt_8NQ

See also:
Otis G Johnson - Everything - God Is Love 78 (outsider bedroom soul, received significant attention following a recent reissue)
Various Artists - Goodbye Babylon (essential archival gospel/folk/blues 78s compilation)
Rev. Louis Overstreet - An Evening With Rev. Louis Overstreet: His Guitar, His Four Sons, and the Congregation of St. Luke Powerhouse Church of God in Christ (solid bluesy jams)
Fraction - Moon Blood (heavy psych rock)
>>
>>65303435
Reccing Reverend Louis Overstreet.
>>
>>65303402
On the fourth song right now, I really like it but the lyrics are pretty unintelligible for me, even though the distortion kind of adds to the overall feel of the music
It's really nice sonically, I may have to look up the lyrics though
>>65303435
>The other Pastor T.L. Barrett album
oh yeah i've been listening to it today
>>
>>65302857
>To be fair, I was on drugs
Why is this so funny
>>
>>65302857
Being a Christian myself, I find most of the Christian music out there to be powerful because of its connection with me, but since I'm pretty into genres that aren't generally done by Christian artists. First thing that comes to mind is Owl City

tl;dr not many good electronic Christian artists I know of besides Owl City, which is still a stretch to call it electronic

His best songs IMO is on this album:
All Things Bright and Beautiful
>>
>>65303710
If it helps, the lyrics can be found by just hovering over each song and selecting the lyrics option or by just clicking on each individual song.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-31-12-11-51.png (252 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-31-12-11-51.png
252 KB, 480x800
>>65303809
Have you heard of Pilgrim? Though it's not the same style, it's still very good electronic pop (especially the track Surrender).
>>
>>65303809
Isn't that the guy that made the fireflies song like 7 years ago?
Cool, i'll check it out
>>65303813
oh, well that's convenient
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.