[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
when will /mu/ finally admit this is a great album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 1975_album2.jpg (144 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1975_album2.jpg
144 KB, 1280x1280
when will /mu/ finally admit this is a great album?
>>
don't care what /mu/ says but this is almost a perfect pop record. been listening daily since it came out

tracks like "ugh", "she's american", "if i believe you", "somebody else", "loving someone", "the sound", "this must be my dream" and "paris" are all 10/10 jams
>>
in around 7 years when young teenagers grow up and talk about how they loved this album
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 250x154) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 250x154
>>65302654
>album's title is a sentence long
>>
>>65302654
atleast 1,2,3 good songs on this
>>
I thought this was a great band in 2012 and I think they're great in 2016.

Harry Styles may have inadvertently destroyed them though, but not yet. We'll have to wait and see about that. When a band's entire fanbase gets usurped and dominated by 1D lemmings the threat is real that they'll begin playing-to and pandering-to that gigantic lowest common denominator.

Nevertheless, this new album is brilliant in a lot of ways. The songs are good, the production quality is amazing, and they managed to avoid all the pitfalls of typical cold sophomore efforts: they didn't repeat the sound/aesthetic of first album, they also didn't completely change themselves for the second album, and they didn't slack in quality or effort hoping to ride their previous success. If they manage to make a third album of similar quality and creativity they'll pretty much have earned their musical intregrity I'd say.
>>
Literal proof tumblr is spreading cancer here.
>>
>>65302654
I only liked about half of this album
>>
>>65303460
This.
>>
>>65302654
ok so it might just be where I'm from but I really wish metal kids would shut the fuck up about the 1975

i'm not talking nerd metal folk, i'm talking more about those local metalcore band members you still have on facebook that think ironically joking about fresh memes is the funniest fucking thing in the world

these guys are the fucking worst. they all assign these nebulous narratives to their lives and everyone around them romanticizes their depression or personality disorder or their dead mother or some shit

and they have to have an opinion on fucking everything

also they're all photographers?

anyway, these fuckers have completely put me off the 1975
>>
File: geeps_bg.png (14 KB, 261x195) Image search: [Google]
geeps_bg.png
14 KB, 261x195
>>65303941
way to think for yourself anonfriend
>>
>>65303439
It has too many dull moments to be a perfect pop record to me. It's highs are very high, but its lows are really low too. It comes in hot and sorta dies out somewhere in the middle and picks up a bit of steam at the end. I'd probably rate it like a 5/10 if I were to rate it.
>>
i originally hated it but its completely grown on me, probably prefer it to the self titled album
>>
>>65302654
After a lobotomy
>>
>>65302654

If you like The 1975, please leave.
The neo-/mu/ meme rap is tolerable, but come on if this isn't b8 you should just fuck off this board.

You are the literal reason /mu/ is worse than shit now.
>>
File: 1385645026.jpg (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1385645026.jpg
6 KB, 200x200
>>65304616
+1 for actually listening and giving it an honest go. that's a damn rare thing these days.
>>
>>65304950
well you certainly don't have to like them anon but they write their own songs and play their own instruments and they do a heluva good show. they're perfectly legit and as such it's perfectly acceptible to legit like them.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.