[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"I heard you like metal. Do you listen to black veil
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: 1464633023130.png (2 MB, 890x913) Image search: [Google]
1464633023130.png
2 MB, 890x913
>"I heard you like metal. Do you listen to black veil brides?"
>>
Metal is just as gay as black veil brides.
>>
File: Judas_Priest1.jpg (47 KB, 750x392) Image search: [Google]
Judas_Priest1.jpg
47 KB, 750x392
>>65298069
yeah but metal is the top and black veil brides is the bottom
>>
>>65298085
Reminder that this site requires you to be 18+.
>>
File: 1464672712827.jpg (224 KB, 1024x787) Image search: [Google]
1464672712827.jpg
224 KB, 1024x787
>>65297906
mike love thread?
>>
>>65298120
that is very rude of you to insinuate that I am underage
but actually your rudeness does naught but elucidate your own immaturity
>>
>>65298172
what do you think they talked about
>>
>>65298178
No it does not, but ok. Reminder that you are in a phase.
>>
>>65298199
everything that exists is transitory anon
here today and gone, like the great song by the beatles
it's best to live in the present because the past is immutable and we don't know what the future may foist upon us
>>
>>65298211
I mean defending metal already shows that you are underage so.
>>
>>65298240
say i am underage, what difference does it make essentially?
it's not a question of material age, it's a question of maturity, emotional and social
certainly i am lacking in that department
but enjoying metal, that's something that we can all agree on
>>
>>65298240
Unless you're baiting, excluding a whole genre because you're too worried it might damagre your image is immature
I hope you don't actually think this
>>
>>65298282
I occationally listen to some metal, listened a lot of metal when I was younger, made a lot of threads like this. Then I realised I was being a huge fucking faggot, and then I grew up, I expanded my horizon, realised that metal wasn't that great of a genre.
>>
File: 1458571634008.jpg (70 KB, 560x432) Image search: [Google]
1458571634008.jpg
70 KB, 560x432
>>65298323
>Some metal
Congrats on growing out of Limp Bizkit and Slipknot
Fuckin pleb
>>
>>65298401
Slipknot's first two albums are legitimately GOAT
>>
>>65298401
What are you insinuating? That I listened to Slipknot and Limp Bizkit when I was younger? My favorite metal used to be shit like Deathspell Omega, Altar of Plagues, ISIS and Morbid Angel to name a few of the more known ones. I still enjoy the Drought EP and earlier Altar of Plagues on its time. I've simply grown out of it, expanded my horizon, listened to more music than just metal. You should try it too. There's some pretty good stuff out there.
>>
>>65298323
Yeah you'll get over your high horse once you realize you should stop taking yourself so fucking serious.
Also, you were never really into metal to begin with
>>
File: 4chan banner.jpg (90 KB, 639x693) Image search: [Google]
4chan banner.jpg
90 KB, 639x693
>>65298424
>>
>>65298469
So when are you really into metal? what is the boundary that a person has to cross to be really into metal. Because I'm pretty sure I crossed it when I was younger.
>>
>>65298462
>My favorite metal used to be shit like Deathspell Omega, Altar of Plagues, ISIS and Morbid Angel

You're right you did listen to shit metal aimed at pseudo hipsters. Oh, what age are you btw as AoP are not that old of a band and seeing as they didn't really make it until 2009 (well really 2011) it's indicative.
>>
>>65298510
23, I started listening to them with White Tomb. which came out 7 years ago, which is a pretty big timespan.

Also I named 4 bands, I've listened to every single genre except for Power Metal, and I got bored of Thrash pretty quickly. Name me some unironically good metal.
>>
>>65298462
I do listen to other genres but when you say stuff like "growing out of metal" and "expanding my horizon" I get the feeling that you're a poseur who doesnt actually enjoy music and use it as an accessory
Hope you don't expand your horizon till you only listen to avant-garde rym music
>>
>>65298532
Fair enough, they're still shite.

>I've listened to every single genre except for Power Metal, and I got bored of Thrash pretty quickly. Name me some unironically good metal.

Well considering you like bracketing yourself listen to Pseudogod or Portal or whatever the pseudo hipsters like.
>>
>>65298554
Tried Portal, couldn't get into it. Never heard of Pseudogod. Don't think AoP was shite. They did a lot of cool stuff with sounds.

>>65298537
I was assuming you were OP. OP is obviously a bit close minded.
>>
>>65298183
About fucking with the formula
>>
>>65298605
They're just Black Metal with a clean tone with is an oxymoron in itself.
>>
>>65298554
Also I asked you to give me some unironically good metal, and you give me shit you label as pseudo hipster shit. give me something that is actually good, since you obviously have an infinitely superior taste.
>>
>>65298619
Not really, but it's ok if you think so.
>>
>>65298621
Why? You've never listened to a big branch of metal (Power) meaning you never listened to Prog, Symphonic, Pirate, Viking or Neo-Classical so you probably only enjoy the serious, "dark", atmo shite like AoP.
>>
>>65298506
If you're really into metal you wouldn't take the memes on here so fucking serious and would just listen to whatever you feel like without caring about your hipster cred.

I'm curious now that you have "expanded your horizon", what music do you listen to these days?
>>
>>65298554
Man, I'm not him but you sound just as muchof an ass as him.
Do you even listen to yourself? The obsession with the word "psuedo-hipster" is unreal that I cant even tell if you're memeing at this point
>>
>>65298672
If those subgenre's fit the power metal bill then yes, I've listened to Power Metal. Can't say that any of the bands in those genre's that I've heard are insanely good bands however. I liked stuff like Devin Townsend, Alestorms first album was fun, but to call it the pinacle of music would be fucking retarded, Thyrfings first album was fun.

>>65298710
Anything that sounds interesting to me really. I've enjoyed quite a bit of Post-Punk for the past few weeks for example like The Pop Group and Mission of Burma. I've given Nirvana's Bleach a chance this week because it frequently gets posted here. Which is a fun album imo. But next week I might get back to some Vijay Iyer or something, who knows.
>>
>>65298755
I listen to quite a few post-punk myself and I enjoy Nirvana ad much as the next guy but how did you excactly expanded your horizons?

Are you implying metal is more accesible than the one's you named?
>>
>>65298780
What do you think I mean with expanding your horizon?

No I'm not implying that, I have no clue about what genre is the most accesible then the other and quite frankly I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>65297906
Mike Love has ego issues desu baka senpai.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.