[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ricky Gervais' playlist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 2
File: friedrichbrentzsche.jpg (605 KB, 899x1200) Image search: [Google]
friedrichbrentzsche.jpg
605 KB, 899x1200
Is Ricky Gervais patrician?

http://mixing.io/playlist/apple-music-ricky-gervais-multi-purpose-playlist
>>
nah hes a fuckin scrub
>>
>>65292886
Faux deep bourgeoisie white bitch/10
>>
better taste than most of /mu/
>>
>>65292886
That's pussy music and I'm a diehard Depeche Mode fan...
>>
>>65292886
Gervais has always had elite taste. He used to be in an 80s new wave band. He was a Bowie fanatic. I can only imagine how devastated he was when he died.
>>
>>65293324
Atleast Rick knows he's in a better place now
>>
>>65293388
Pretty sure Bowie was also an atheist.
>>
ricky gervais used to be genuinely funny
what a piece of shit

>if you see a sailor
>ooo hello
>>
>>65292886
>smoking
>2k16
>>
>>65293402
nah im pretty sure he was agnostic
anyway, he didnt stick his politics or religion down other people's throats like Gervais
>>
>>65293411
Yeah he's definitely fallen off in recent years. He needs to do a final show or something with Stephen Merchant. They're flawless together.
>>65293429
I'm a Gervais fanatic and I'll agree he gets pretty strong on his religious opinions. I'm an atheist though so I mostly understand his disdain for religion.
>>
>>65292886
gervais' personality is insufferable at times
at least he has integrity though
>>
i always found it weird how his favourite bowie album is Aladdin Sane
>>
File: 1155475.jpg (63 KB, 1050x591) Image search: [Google]
1155475.jpg
63 KB, 1050x591
>>65293324
>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kuy1Z4wqQ4w

patrician...oh yeah this is greeeeaaaaatttt
>>
>>65292886
Predictable

>>65293130
It's exactly the same taste as most of /mu/, actually
>>
>>65293570
That's one of my favourite Bowie albums. Lady Grinning Soul is one of my all time favourite songs.
>>
>>65293445
>I'm an atheist though so I mostly understand his disdain for religion
I generally dislike religion as well, but Gervais is just embarrassing. Anybody who feels superiority over their spiritual beliefs is disgusting.
>>
I followed him on Twitter up until today when he called a hunter getting his shit kicked by a deer a cunt. I had been growing more and more annoyed at his outward and childlike attempts to piss off Christians, hunters, and people who don't have his pseudo hand-holding peace-pipe hitting opinions.

Fucking love The XFM shows though
>>
>>65293429
>doesn't understand what an atheist or an agnostic is
>corrects people on said definitions
This is like whatever the opposite cringe side of fedoraland is.
>>
>>65293700
you mean you love Karl Pilkington
>>
>>65293130
oh right, a couple indie darlings praised by critics, a couple 2deep5u no-name meandering shits, a couple cerebral electronic albums, and a couple obvious "in case you didn't i have taste" rock choices.

not at all like /mu/
>>
>>65293685
He mocks religion a lot, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't give a shit if people are religious.
>>65293700
>hunters
I agree with him. Hunting is disgusting. How can anyone call that a sport and find it entertaining to go and kill wildlife.
>>
>>65293741
what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>65293744
steve and ricky were brilliant too

the show would never have worked if it was just karl... he wouldn't have even tried
>>
>>65293803
agnostics are atheists you tard
>>
>>65293772
I'm not going to get into this with you besides saying that if I didn't hunt the overpopulated deer, my family would starve during parts of the year.

Oh and you should kill yourself too. Don't reply, I'm going to bed, Nancy.
>>
>>65293810
This. I fucking hate when people say Karl is the only part that makes it funny. Ricky and Stephen were pure comedy gold on their own in the early seasons. The phone calls to Ricky's mother were fucking hilarious.
>>
>>65293772
>He mocks religion a lot, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't give a shit if people are religious.
It's still ignorant. He refuses to acknowledge the importance that religion has in defining history.
>>
>>65293685
>Anybody who feels superiority over their spiritual beliefs is disgusting.

He's never said that though. That's just your bizarre interpretation of something he said which you probably can't even remember.
>>
>>65293834
>Oh and you should kill yourself too. Don't reply, I'm going to bed, Nancy.
You sound like a terrible person.
>>
>>65293851
>He refuses to acknowledge the importance that religion has in defining history.
Cite some proof. I'm pretty sure I've heard him directly talk about the history and impact of religion in the world.
>>
>>65293861
Maybe not superiority, but he certainly feels pride about it, enough to do stuff like the photo in the OP, which a non-disgusting person wouldn't do.
>>
He was in this band so yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvcoX6EQH2s
>>
>>65293851
Tbh the only reason it's important is because it controlled people. History probably would have progressed more quickly without it seeing as their would have been no good reason for people to hold on to a lot of fundamental prejudices. Also if someone believes bullshit it's not ignorant to call it bullshit despite how "sincerely held" said bullshit may be.
>>
>>65293909
>History probably would have progressed more quickly without it
>History probably would have progressed more quickly
What do you mean by that ?
>>
>>65293837
>This. I fucking hate when people say Karl is the only part that makes it funny. Ricky and Stephen were pure comedy gold on their own in the early seasons.

The youtube comments are incredibly painful for their videos, even for youtube comments. They're always about how Ricky and Steve are arrogant assholes and they're really mean. They actually try to support a lot of Karl's strangest theories.

>The phone calls to Ricky's mother were fucking hilarious.

I've actually never heard those. This call is really good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBtdVcJeOTk
>>
>>65293903
I can't actually speak for him but the photo looks like it was supposed to be provocative in nature. Because the general public, at least in America, is far more bigoted towards atheists than they are any other religious group. It's like someone writing "gay" on their chest in the 80's , it's meant to challenge people's preconceived notions.
>>
>>65293909
*tips fedora*
>>
>>65293851
>It's still ignorant. He refuses to acknowledge the importance that religion has in defining history.

Point to where he said that.

You're making shit up.
>>
>>65293811
there's a difference you fucking mongoloid
one denies the existence of gods
the other does not commit to any beleif and believes that it is impossible to know if there is a god or not
>>
>>65293925
I typoed I typoed okay.
>>
>>65293937
The 1998 tapes are less popular if I remember. That's when he calls his mother.

>the youtube comments are incredibly painful
What's new. YouTube is garbage. I've started watching YouTube on my PS4 so I have no access to the comments.

>Ricky and Stephen are arrogant
It's literally all part of the banter. Karl is very close with both of them and I know for a fact that they used to hang out all the time at each others houses and have dinner and lunch together etc.

Do people not understand the concept of humour?
>>
>>65293957
It is bullshit. Ricky's an incredibly smart guy. I'm pretty sure he completely acknowledges the parts that religion has had on the past. Doesn't he have a degree in philosophy or something?
>>
>>65293961
Atheist is the answer to whether or not you specifically believe there is a god. Agnostic is the answer to whether or not you think there is definitively not a god. Hence the terms Agnostic Atheist or Gnostic Atheist. You're honestly fucking cringe worthy m8.
>>
>>65293948
>the general public, at least in America, is far more bigoted towards atheists than they are any other religious group
But that's completely false and made up by atheists who want to feel like victims. Literally nobody gives a shit whether you're an atheist outside of countries governed by Sharia Law.
>>
>>65293903
>Maybe not superiority, but he certainly feels pride about it
Again, just a thought you had and nothing more. He didn't say that or imply it.

>enough to do stuff like the photo in the OP, which a non-disgusting person wouldn't do.
How is it disgusting? You're being silly. What is your interpretation of that image? To me it's pretty straightforward. It's an exaggerated image of an evil atheist which is obviously supposed to be a commentary on how many people despise atheists and view them as vile.
>>
>>65294006
>Agnostic Atheist
I find this term pretty stupid. It kind of contradicts itself imo. How can you be unsure but sure at the same time?
>>
>>65293402
Nah, Bowie was deeply into Buddhism. I know he questioned faith a lot and would probably fall into the agnostic camp.
>>
>>65294028
You must be a fucking retard if you believe that.
>>
>>65294037
Not believing that a specific god exists doesn't mean that you reject the idea entirely.
>>
>>65294044
Buddhism is a basically an atheist religion. You can follow buddhism and have no belief in any deity.
>>
>>65294006
the fact that you even care this much is very fucking cringe worthy
>>
>>65294063
atheism is complete denial of a god's existence you spastic
>>
>>65294063
Then you're agnostic. The two are complete opposites.

Agnostics are not sure, and possibly open to the idea of a higher power existing.

Atheist deny the existence of any god, ghoul, spirit, demon etc.
>>
>>65294045
I'm really not. I'm American and nobody has ever asked me about my religious beliefs or demonstrated any kind of interest in it whatsoever. What makes you believe that atheists are in any way targeted by people outside of the Islamic world ?
>>
>>65294045
>>65294045
I can also say you're a fucking retard for arbitrary things without empirical evidence :^) *tips fedora*

You're confusing being an atheist with running inside a church and calling everyone a retard. Of course no one is going to like that guy. No one cares if you are privately an atheist you cuckold. Kys
>>
>>65294028
>But that's completely false and made up by atheists who want to feel like victims. Literally nobody gives a shit whether you're an atheist outside of countries governed by Sharia Law

There's actually a lot of data on this and it totally contradicts what you're saying.

When polled Americans often express extremely negative views of atheists. If you do a Google search you will find plenty of studies.

And it makes perfect sense why. America is a unique country in how fundamentally religious it is. Fundamentally religious people often have very low opinions of atheists.

I mean just look at you. It sounds like you don't particularly care for them.
>>
>>65294088
>Atheists are the least likely religious group to be voted into office by Americans
>There are a bunch of cases of atheists being kicked out of their parents houses for telling religious parents that they aren't religious
>13 different states have on their state constitutions that Atheists cannot hold office
>The fucking countrywide moto is specifically praising the christian god and whenever anybody brings this up they get called a crybaby
But yeh your anecdote about never personally having been discriminated against is good enough 4 me.
>>
>>65294142
>When polled Americans often express extremely negative views of atheists. If you do a Google search you will find plenty of studies.
probably because they're annoying fucking neckbeards that need to feel like they're special snowflakes in some way
>>
>>65294142
I find the highly religious culture of America strange considering the founding fathers were all atheists and scientists. What the fuck happened?

Also, atheists seem to pretty accepted in most other countries around the world. I'm going to generalise though and say America is pretty shut off from the rest of the world though when it comes to others cultures.
>>
>>65294086
>>65294087
You're wrong. And that's an extremely common misunderstanding because Christian apologists have long defined atheism in that way.

Atheism does not mean a certainty that there is no god. It is totally compatible with agnosticism. It's simply a matter of semantics and labeling.

Go try to find a dictionary that defines atheist or atheism in the way that you do. It has never meant someone who is 100% sure there is no god.
>>
>>65294087
>>65294086
See
>>65294006
>>
>>65294195
Most of the founding fathers were deists. They came before Darwin so even though they were very smart they just couldn't comprehend how life came to exist in this way without knowledge of evolution.
>>
>>65294237
That's a fair point, but atheism isn't a new concept. It's just more popular than ever today. For hundreds of years there have been people who questioned the existence of a god.
>>
>>65294201
>common misunderstanding
then i honestly don't understand why you replied to my post in the first place
i obviously meant no ill will, and you obviously understood what i meant
>>
>>65294280
What? You said something that was wrong so I corrected it so you would know.

And you called that guy a spastic for supposedly being wrong when you were the one who was confused.
>>
>>65294258
>That's a fair point, but atheism isn't a new concept. It's just more popular than ever today.
>For hundreds of years there have been people who questioned the existence of a god.

That's right. But the founding fathers lived before Darwin and thus were not atheists for the reason I mentioned.

Some of them had real contempt for Christianity though, particularly Jefferson. Hitchens wrote extensively on this exact issue if you're interested in it.
>>
>>65294177
>implying any self-respecting individual would want to be a politician
>implying it wouldn't be easy as fuck to lie about your religion like Trump is
>implying "a bunch" of anecdotal evidence is at all representative of a population
>implying a national motto has any relevance to its population's attitude toward anything
Keep on crying.
>>
>>65294377
Sure. Link?
>>
>>65293981
Exactly. And they should notice that Karl could be really cruel to Steve sometimes about his appearance and his problems with women.
>>
>>65294394
http://www.weeklystandard.com/gods-of-our-fathers/article/14148

that's a brief summary

he's written books that address the same issues at length

if you google 'hitchens founding fathers beliefs' you'll probably find a lot
>>
>lets argue about religion
i hate this board
>>
>>65294389
kys
>>
>>65294724
Good argument
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.