[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If this wasn't technically metalcore, we wouldn't have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 2325314.jpg (115 KB, 600x525) Image search: [Google]
2325314.jpg
115 KB, 600x525
If this wasn't technically metalcore, we wouldn't have all these lame scenekids listening to it expecting it to sound like Killswitch Engage and calling it garbage.
>>
What is it, then? Hardcore punk?
>>
>>65286761
It is metalcore. I'm just saying that the "metalcore" sound is ruined by all these melodic metalcore chugfest bands that attract scenekids.
>>
>>65286819
*was ruined

ftfy because the scene is dead as fuck but the smell still lingers
>>
>>65286715
if this wasn't the only metalcore band to get a bnm from p4k we wouldn't have all these lame hipsters overrating the fuck out of it and calling them the only good band in the genre
>>
>>65287685
It's probably best that they talk this one up and not the other good band from the genre
>>
>>65288143
what other good band
>>
>>65288143
fuck you there's more good metalcore than converge and botch
>>
File: 1463529571383.png (230 KB, 260x226) Image search: [Google]
1463529571383.png
230 KB, 260x226
>>65288243
lol...i'm listening
>>
>>65288224
hehehe
>>65288243
I know, I'm just being a cunt
Rec me some while we're at it
>>
>>65286819

There was the same problem with Emo as a genre when it came to represent corporate Pop-Punk with moody lyrics about how life sucks because your mum is a bitch, but now there's an Emo Revival that returns to the roots of the genre. Maybe that will happen with Metalcore.
>>
>>65288303
destrage
the chariot
arsonists get all the girls
dillinger escape plan
journal
protest the hero
every time i die
the human abstract
in the presence of wolves
exotic animal petting zoo
slice the cake
sikth
architects

you probably already know some of those
>>
>>65288527

LITERALLY ALL GARBAGE
>>
>i only listen to REAL metalcore, converge, botch.. the list could go on
>>
>>65288585
at least put some effort in your shitposts, thanks
>>
>>65286715
This album is WHY metalcore is so infested with scene kids you dumb faggot, God I fucking hate you p4k babies who try getting into metal and hardcore based on what Pitchfork shoves down your throats instead of actually exploring the genre itself, go listen to Rorschack, Disembodied, Overcast, or Unruh if you want actually good metalcore as opposed to this tasteless garbage. Hell, go listen to Petitioning the Empty Sky, it's a fuckton better than Jane Doe and even that doesn't say much
>>
>>65290038
*Rorschach
>>
>>65288364
>emo-revival
>returning to the roots of the genre
you don't know what emo is do ya
>>
>>65288527

Dillinger escape plan is the only good band on that list my man, and they only have a few really good records
>>
>>65290038
this
also check out Creation Is Crucifixion homies
>>
>>65290273
Have you even heard The Chariot? They fucking rule.
>>
>>65286715
Isn't it a landmark in metalcore, both musically and culturally? It's not just a technicality. They inspired a lot of bands in the genre, and are generally considered one of the most iconic bands in the scene.

>>65288224
Botch, The Dillinger Escape Plan, the list goes on...
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.