[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: bands ahead of their time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: the monks.jpg (27 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
the monks.jpg
27 KB, 620x465
I'll start with the monks
>>
bump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63Agrr2qC78
here's a monks song, give it a listen
>>
>>
what are some bands that are ahead of this generation?
>>
>>65287027
twenty one pilots
>>
>>65287027
Death grips
>>
File: pre.jpg (85 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
pre.jpg
85 KB, 319x319
when is this going to be /mu/core
>>
>>65287027
Nerve
>>
>insert obligatory Kraftwerk post here
>>
Liturgy
>>
>>65287854
realtalk. we wouldn't have hip-hop, techno or synthpop without them
>>
>>65287916
pretty sure we would
>>
>>65286415

Upon review, there have been many bands and musical projects named "The Monks" or a very very similar variant thereof.

At first, I thought OP was having a giggle, but quick checking shows that this other "The Monks" did some punk/new wave stuff which was big in the UK and Canada.

The above band is not to be confused with what most Americans recognize as "The Monks", a totally different band that the first reply >>65286765 identified, although he may have made the mistake of thinking that OP's band is the same (it isn't).

A page on various "Monks" bands (and of course some recordings by literal monks, who are not having a giggle, just to confuse matters further):

https://www.discogs.com/search/?q=the+monks&type=artist

My dad, himself a musician in a past life, was friends with Gary Burger, lead singer of the second band I talked about; Gary visited our house on one occasion and I got to meet him. He told some stories and was chill. I knew that he kind of hated and resented some of the later "pop" tracks that they recorded, so I asked him if he had a least favorite track. In Gary's own words, the song that he (really!) hates is Love Can Tame The Wild.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.